IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Bradley is such an easy fight then why not fight him?, Pac is talking trash!!
BrutUalBK
post Sep 20 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 12:08 PM) *
difference being...bradley beat pac. he should want to avenge his loss. when ppl questioned floyds win over castillo...floyd came back a few months later and erased all doubt.

the only tool here is you.

LOL, he better be glad you got to him before I did but you're right Poofy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 20 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 19 2012, 12:31 PM) *
Bradley doesnt bring in PPV numbers. Its strickly business. Mannys numbers with Bradley dropped to 700,000, which really means 500,000 coming from Arum, and Manny cant afford to do those numbers again. Same as Floyd has done in the past. The average boxing troll would call that a duck but their not the ones going through camp and collecting them checks. Its easy for you to say fight this or that guy but why fight when the moneys not right? Would you quit you $20.00 an hr job to go work for $10.00? Hell no you would so why do you expect boxers to do the same thing.

This is no more than a smokescreen excuse for Pac not to fight Brad, how is it that when they initially fought that Brad was good enough then and not even half as well known as he is now due to the supposed controversial scoring but all of a sudden he's a nobody for PPV???

Pac is supposed to be the big draw anyway, so why is everyone expecting him to have a big named opponent to do big PPV numbers? I tell you all one thing though, Arum does such a great job in fooling Pac's fans with this talk that he's got them playing the role of a mockingbird.<<<Pete and Re-pete, that's what we get with Arum and then Pac's fans saying the same crap.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 20 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 20 2012, 10:39 PM) *
This is no more than a smokescreen excuse for Pac not to fight Brad, how is it that when they initially fought that Brad was good enough then and not even half as well known as he is now due to the supposed controversial scoring but all of a sudden he's a nobody for PPV???

Pac is supposed to be the big draw anyway, so why is everyone expecting him to have a big named opponent to do big PPV numbers? I tell you all one thing though, Arum does such a great job in fooling Pac's fans with this talk that he's got them playing the role of a mockingbird.<<<Pete and Re-pete, that's what we get with Arum and then Pac's fans saying the same crap.

^^ that is how its done

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 21 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 19 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Usually when a decision is controversial a rematch occurs immediately. Pacquiao went with Marquez for the higher purse that Top Rank would offer. He didn't pass over Bradley because he felt he beat him, it was the money. Also the dangling carrot over his head(Mayweather) played a factor as well

this

we might see a 5th fight

+Quote Post
darroy
post Sep 21 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #15

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,494

i do agree money is a factor in this selection. but i just think it's funny. no one with common sense thinks bradley was even close to winning the fight. marquez gives manny more probs than anyone else he's faced...people for some reason say manny's ducked marquez whom he's fought 3x's...now he's taking on a tougher fight and he may possibly lose (officially)and people are now critical of this choice over bradley? i guarantee you had pac chose bradley the same people criticizing pac/marquez 4 would then say he picked the easier fight and is ducking marquez because marquez gives him sooo many problems.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 21 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (darroy @ Sep 21 2012, 06:32 PM) *
i do agree money is a factor in this selection. but i just think it's funny. no one with common sense thinks bradley was even close to winning the fight. marquez gives manny more probs than anyone else he's faced...people for some reason say manny's ducked marquez whom he's fought 3x's...now he's taking on a tougher fight and he may possibly lose (officially)and people are now critical of this choice over bradley? i guarantee you had pac chose bradley the same people criticizing pac/marquez 4 would then say he picked the easier fight and is ducking marquez because marquez gives him sooo many problems.

Personally I didn't want the marquez fight because I thought he clearly (close or not) won the fight and they still didn't give him the W. I don't see the point in fighting a guy you think you clearly beat 2 out of three fights a 4th time when you just lost a fight (his first loss in a long time) and you don't want to redeem it even though you think its an easy fight.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 22 2012, 11:14 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (darroy @ Sep 21 2012, 06:32 PM) *

"No one with common sense?" Except for the judges.

Judging a boxing match is subjective, but I'm pretty fed up with people like you acting as if the judges who had the authority to judge a very high profile boxing match should somehow defer to you and the rest of your mob.

I said it before as Bradley was narrowly beating your guy and I'll say it again. Close boxing match, could've gone either way, but it went Bradley's way and yet the supposed warrior, Pacquaio, won't avenge the loss.

I'm glad that you're a loyal fan of Manny Pacquaio, but your commitment to the sport that made Manny Pacquaio is nonexistent.

Boxing will continue after Pacquaio retires and to be frank I hope he retires after Marquez and focuses on his "legendary" humanitarian efforts. I'm sick of the illusion that is Manny Pacquaio and the dumbing down effect that everything surrounding him has had on my beloved Sweet Science.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Sep 22 2012, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post
darroy
post Sep 22 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #18

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,494

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 22 2012, 11:14 AM) *
"No one with common sense?" Except for the judges.

Judging a boxing match is subjective, but I'm pretty fed up with people like you acting as if the judges who had the authority to judge a very high profile boxing match should somehow defer to you and the rest of your mob.

I said it before as Bradley was narrowly beating your guy and I'll say it again. Close boxing match, could've gone either way, but it went Bradley's way and yet the supposed warrior, Pacquaio, won't avenge the loss.

I'm glad that you're a loyal fan of Manny Pacquaio, but your commitment to the sport that made Manny Pacquaio is nonexistent.

Boxing will continue after Pacquaio retires and to be frank I hope he retires after Marquez and focuses on his "legendary" humanitarian efforts. I'm sick of the illusion that is Manny Pacquaio and the dumbing down effect that everything surrounding him has had on my beloved Sweet Science.
i'm actually not a floyd or manny fan my man so calling him "my guy" and saying "my mob" means absolutely nothing to me. i guess the same way you make assumptions based off of what my opinion is about THAT FIGHT i can assume you're a mayweather fan seeing how quick you are to attack pacman. so are you saying you believe the judges are ALWAYS correct. because judges have the authority to judge a fight doesn't mean they are competent and always correct. so have you been in agreement with the judges in every fight you've watched? i agree with you that boxing is subjective...but in some instances (lewis/holyfield 1, whitaker/chavez, p williams/lara for example) i think the judges deserve to be second guessed. and btw i acutally thought pacman lost his 3rd fight to marquez. but i personally thought that fight was a close fight that could've gone either way unlike how i feel about pac/bradley. and you're right boxing will continue after pac...and mayweather, and so on. i don't think you're breaking any news there homie.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 22 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (darroy @ Sep 22 2012, 03:39 PM) *
i'm actually not a floyd or manny fan my man so calling him "my guy" and saying "my mob" means absolutely nothing to me. i guess the same way you make assumptions based off of what my opinion is about THAT FIGHT i can assume you're a mayweather fan seeing how quick you are to attack pacman. so are you saying you believe the judges are ALWAYS correct. because judges have the authority to judge a fight doesn't mean they are competent and always correct. so have you been in agreement with the judges in every fight you've watched? i agree with you that boxing is subjective...but in some instances (lewis/holyfield 1, whitaker/chavez, p williams/lara for example) i think the judges deserve to be second guessed. and btw i acutally thought pacman lost his 3rd fight to marquez. but i personally thought that fight was a close fight that could've gone either way unlike how i feel about pac/bradley. and you're right boxing will continue after pac...and mayweather, and so on. i don't think you're breaking any news there homie.

I've been down this road with people like you before and it's a resounding dead end. So all I'll add is that no I don't always agree with the judges.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 22 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Because in the eyes of the majority of the boxing world Bradley should of lost, am not putting a percentage on it cause wtf really?. It obviously did terrible ppvs and since supposedly the Marquez fight he did 1.4 million? Its not rocket science ladies and gentlemen. If you think Bradley won great for you, i had it 116-114 pac, it was a harder fight to score cause not much was landing and pac didn't help his case when he did nothing for almost an entire round. Also people need to stop mentioning the belt, since it means shit

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:47 AM