IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can someone explain... EA Sports FightNight Game Question?, Topic Title Info Added For Clarity
Gambit808
post Jan 18 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Something I can't understand from such a lone-franchise with so much potential to compete with the best of em when it comes to EA Sports. I touched on this franchise before, but for different reasons, I'm not sure what really, it was a while back. Anyway, it's a new year, and I'm looking forward to what's new from the new Fight Night Game when it drops. If you ask me, the only thing that stood out in previous FN Champion is the graphics. The whole motioning and phantom punches that can even K.O. u with one shot (or should I say, no shot) turned me off with that game online, to the point where if this next one don't impress, I'm calling it a career with the boxing games. More to my Point though.

A friend of mine tried to explain to me the reason why MORE stars in this sport won't take part in the game (FLOYD among others). He said "with games like UFC, Madden, NBA all operated under 1 brand, and each Boxer is his own brand BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I get that, but still I don't see why fighters even treat opportunities at gaming exposure like a negotiation to a super-fight. You put the name of all the stars or potential stars you can name today on the disk, put Floyd face on the cover and it'll sell out like Samuel L. Jackson in Django Unchained. All fans and gamers alike jus wanna match dream fights with there favorites and what we get for it is the same non sense we see from Top Rank & GBP's rivalry. Honestly, Is there no logic in seeing your own image and style, promoted on a game that can pay you in more ways than 1? Sheesh! Hopefully this upcoming game can keep the fighters they already have while adding more faces like Mayweather, Ward, Martinez, Broner, Froch, Direll, Mares, Rigo, Matthysse, Chavez Jr., the list goes on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 18 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

the problem is the jinx.

it goes back to dlh who was on the cover of ko kings...and every fighter that graced the cover afterwards.

dlh gets the cover...he loses to trinidad

lennox gets the cover...he gets ko'd by rahman

roy jones gets the cover....he gets ko'd by tarver

i think klitschko and bhop might have been one of them too. i forget.

there was another fighter who i won't name who was in line to be on the cover of the last one. the deal was supposedly in place but he got ktfo'd and they went with someone else.

the last version of FN had up loadable characters didn't it?

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 18 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 18 2013, 07:52 PM) *
the problem is the jinx.

it goes back to dlh who was on the cover of ko kings...and every fighter that graced the cover afterwards.

dlh gets the cover...he loses to trinidad

lennox gets the cover...he gets ko'd by rahman

roy jones gets the cover....he gets ko'd by tarver

i think klitschko and bhop might have been one of them too. i forget.

there was another fighter who i won't name who was in line to be on the cover of the last one. the deal was supposedly in place but he got ktfo'd and they went with someone else.

the last version of FN had up loadable characters didn't it?

Yup, but not to everyone convenience, and I don't think they Characterize as well as the ones already set in the game IMO.

I get your drift but this is boxing. Unlike games like madden and that "curse", there is no team here just one man preping and fighting

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 18 2013, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 18 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 18 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Yup, but not to everyone convenience, and I don't think they Characterize as well as the ones already set in the game IMO.

I get your drift but this is boxing. Unlike games like madden and that "curse", there is no team here just one man preping and fighting

totally wrong on that one. sure there's a team. especially behind the highly successful fighters. they don't grow in vacuums or test tubes.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 18 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

In my opinion, Fight Night got worse and worse. Much like NBA Live, instead of just improving the graphics and adding details, they changed the entire gameplay mechanics and ruined it for me. I absolutely hate the training. I also hate that its almost like youre penalized if you try to be a pure boxer. I know one punch can changed everything, but realistically, when you are just outboxing a guy all night long, you usually win. Plus the fighter ratings werent accurate. There should never be a point where Paulie Malinaggi is stunning you with one shots. The game was better in the PS2 days if you ask me.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jan 18 2013, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 19 2013, 12:32 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Yall in here crappin on a friend of mine who works on the franchise for EA lmao. A lot of the developers for the EA games are from Chicago. For those who don't know the boxing series by EA started here in Chicago and they had a program which my best friend and current business partner took part in. He went to Columbia college and they interned there and the successful ones got jobs upon graduation.

From what he told me they always wanted Floyd in the game but he says he didn't know if Mayweahter wanted to license his image. That's one of the key differences between these games and NBA, Madden, etc. The NFL and the NBA and the MLB have a agreement between the players' unions in those sports and the league itself. They share the revenue between those 3 parties and that's that

Boxing is a little different in that it's an individual fighter licensing their image away but they do still have a team around them. And when your an individual, essentially you are a brand and you have to do what's best for that brand

My friend does computer animation for EA, and he hates working there. He's a football guy and I think working on the ncaa title is what keeps him there instead of going over to 2K. I personally think 2K should jump in the game and force EA to put out a better product. Look what they did to EA in the basketball genre!

I'll ask him what they got going on up there and see if I can get something out of him. I know the games they work on all year round are NCAA and Madden

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 19 2013, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 19 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Here's a link to an article I found informative on the
http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/2529-Fi...ext-Releasenext boxing game

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 19 2013, 06:09 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Here's something that always interested me, so in another ea franchise Christiano Ronaldo was on the cover and on the game and he was was a better player than Messi on the game, yet in real life he isnt , the thing is this influences casual fans like me, I bet May weather doesn't want to be on there because he'll think they'll portray his image wrong and do you blame him

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 20 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 18 2013, 08:43 PM) *
In my opinion, Fight Night got worse and worse. Much like NBA Live, instead of just improving the graphics and adding details, they changed the entire gameplay mechanics and ruined it for me. I absolutely hate the training. I also hate that its almost like youre penalized if you try to be a pure boxer. I know one punch can changed everything, but realistically, when you are just outboxing a guy all night long, you usually win. Plus the fighter ratings werent accurate. There should never be a point where Paulie Malinaggi is stunning you with one shots. The game was better in the PS2 days if you ask me.

Amen!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 27 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Fight night round 2 was my favorite. The new one is okay

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 07:11 PM