IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT) Molina/Demarco & Ward/Dawson, SPOILERS-No New Threads, Public Streams, or Talk of Other Cards
Plah
post Sep 9 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #81

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

Weight was kind of a factor but Dawson was still getting out-thinked and outfought. When or If Ward goes to 175 I'll bet my house Dawson wouldn't want any part in a rematch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 10 2012, 03:47 AM
Post #82

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 10 2012, 03:58 AM) *
Not sure about this but I heard a lot of rumors about rehydration clauses in that fight and the dlh fight. That would have been a huge factor going into fight night if the fighters had to maintain a certain weight and weren't allowed to rehydrate fully past a certain point.

sure it was a theory of daprofessor but with all due respect there was no real evidence to support this, no fighters ever saying this was in the contract. I still don't understand why DLH chose not to rehydrate more but who knows, someone ask him when they get an interview. But are people telling me golden boy would of bowed down to those wishes and put himself at en even bigger disadvantage just to fight MP who was still not a PPV star?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2012, 08:02 AM
Post #83

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM) *
master p had 5 albums!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) nick cannon was unbearable.

Yep! I was definitely speaking of his past-prime albums, which were of course, better than Nick Cannon's attempt on Saturday night. Though I dont like Cannon, my gut was telling me that he was going do good and make the most of the opportunity, but the gut can sometimes fail me.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 06:32 PM) *
totally agree. his punch resistance was severely diminished.

After a while, you could've blown on him and he was going down. Nice short shots from Andre...those will put anybody down. I tend to forget how fuckin' big Chad is, which made the knockdowns seem even worse. Shit reminded me of how Motaro (from Mortal Kombat) simply flops to the floor when you beat him, unlike everyone else who goes down on their back. Lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 06:46 PM) *
u know something...i was thinking about this when this fight was announced as an hbo fight. both guys have pretty much been showtime fighters. hbo didn't deserve this fight. i get that the fighters make more money there...but fuck hbo and their bullshit ass commentators.

HBO sucks ass...tired of them. They need all that they can get nowadays. Im telling you, knowing that the FMJ/MP fight was going to air on their network, had their noses in the big air, big time. Now that the fight has a slim chance of happening, they're trying to be open to EVERY fight/fighter, and treat them like royalty.

Reminds me of a pretty woman with a nice body and many options...she can be snooty, pick and choose who she wants, and have men at her knees. As soon as she loses that body and luster or gets ran through, suddenly she's "looking for love" and has this overnight "appreciation" for men who will treat her like somebody. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #84

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 9 2012, 01:20 AM) *
nick cannon needs to stick to eating mariah carey pussy

Not a bad option, if you ask me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Sep 9 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Legs was almost like Bambi legged Khan when he was wobbled.

Nobody's legs are as bad as Khan's. You're right though, dude straight up did a Bambi On Ice rendition.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 10 2012, 04:47 AM) *
sure it was a theory of daprofessor but with all due respect there was no real evidence to support this, no fighters ever saying this was in the contract. I still don't understand why DLH chose not to rehydrate more but who knows, someone ask him when they get an interview. But are people telling me golden boy would of bowed down to those wishes and put himself at en even bigger disadvantage just to fight MP who was still not a PPV star?

It's weird, but I do believe that there was a rehydration clause for the DLH fight. Im not as sure about the Cotto fight, but the Oscar fight was just too weird. As you mentioned, Oscar was the big star, so folding into those type of negotiations does seem a bit weird. Now that I think about it, who else was Oscar going to fight (around that time), who seemed like an easy win?

With that in mind, it could have very well been Oscar's choice to not fully rehydrate. He has not always been the best, when it comes to confidence in big fights. I vividly remember him fighting faster guys, and wearing shorts trunks and light shoes, to "help his speed". To me, if you know that you have speed, then why do all of that extra stuff?

There's a lot that went into that "Dream Match", mostly a bunch of bitching on Roach's part, and Im sure it had something to do with the weight and money...I have to go back and check. Maybe OScar felt that fully rehydrating would make him slower, against a smaller, faster man. He's a fighter, and Im sure all fighting know the dangers of not fully rehydrating, but when you're not 110% confident in your skills, then you tend to do dumb & unnecessary stuff.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 10 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #85

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 10 2012, 04:47 AM) *

again...it was speculation on my part. i remember reading or watching a video of roger mayweather claiming hatton wasn't allowed to gain more than 5lbs. that to me was all the proof i needed. but i doubt they would make demands like this without covering their tracks...hence my 'non-disclosure/stipulation theory'.... i believe they've all signed contracts that will not allow them to speak on it.

as for why oscar would do such a thing...maybe it was arrogance? maybe it was because he knew he would be making money off of pac either way so a loss would help boost the pac gravy train. who knows? but think about this...cotto has pretty much said it without saying it...he refuses to fight pacquiao without all the 'weight games' or something like that he has said in interviews. also...i thought margarito was trying to tell us something by trying to hydrate right before he came into the ring with pac. roach made a big deal of it and hbo spun it...i wouldn't doubt the whole thing has been smoke and mirrors. after all...bob arum was part of ray leonards situation where he was able to capture two titles by making lalonde come down in weight to fight him. how is that even possible!?

how hard would any of this be to address in a few questions during interviews with the right ppl? i've talked to writers on this subject before and i have yet to see anyone print anything remotely close to this. i think it's worth looking into but it will be dismissed as conspiracy theory. oh well.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 10 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #86

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 09:02 AM) *
Yep! I was definitely speaking of his past-prime albums, which were of course, better than Nick Cannon's attempt on Saturday night. Though I dont like Cannon, my gut was telling me that he was going do good and make the most of the opportunity, but the gut can sometimes fail me.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Man your gut was all the way off on this one lol You mustve hda bad batch of potato salad or something lol. "You know you can't eat everyone's potato salad." That boy was horrible. I wis te sandman could have cave nd yanked him off stage.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #87

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 10 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Man your gut was all the way off on this one lol You mustve hda bad batch of potato salad or something lol. "You know you can't eat everyone's potato salad." That boy was horrible. I wis te sandman could have cave nd yanked him off stage.

I was so damn drunk when the fight came on...I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was like, "Damn, Cannon cant suck this damn bad." That futhermucker was horrible...and maybe my gut was waaay off, because it had waaaay too much alcohol in it. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 10 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #88

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Ward will seemingly have to wait an eternity for a real challenge to come up. There's no one in or around his weight that I think has a remote chance of defeating him

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 10 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #89

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 05:28 PM) *

I was so damn drunk when the fight came on...I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was like, "Damn, Cannon cant suck this damn bad." That futhermucker was horrible...and maybe my gut was waaay off, because it had waaaay too much alcohol in it. Lol

Imagine being there Shels and hearing him do the announcements lmao

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #90

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 10 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Imagine being there Shels and hearing him do the announcements lmao

I would've asked somebody for a medium Bic ink pen, and commenced to stabbing myself in the throat. He was just THAT horrible.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 04:50 AM