> Should Larry Merchant Be FIRED?
Spyder
post Jul 7 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #11

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 7 2011, 05:08 PM) *
HBO commentary for boxing would be great if Larry "The biggest hater" Merchant wasn't apart of that team. He is so negative and half of the time he does not know what he is talking about. Unless the fight is a bloody massacre he isn't happy. I am not going to even touch his pure biased against Floyd. I wondered if HBO should replace him with someone else... I loved it when Foreman told him to shut up!! He should stop commentating In my opinion. Any thoughts?

(IMG:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VWi6h6gMwFs/TTyg1ZFtTxI/AAAAAAAAAZo/64DnDfsmlyI/s1600/theres-the-door-now-get-the-fuck-out.jpg)

This post has been edited by Spyder: Jul 7 2011, 05:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Jul 7 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,046

Larry is awesome. He should definitley stay. Shouldn't be fired.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 7 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #13

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Hell no dont get rid of Larry. He may be an asshole sometimes but its tolerable. I always look forward to hearing what he has to say whether or not I think its full of shit because he pulls no punches nor hold his tongue. I like controversial commentators.

Besides Max Kellerman looks to be trying to follow Larry's footsteps.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 7 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im ready for him to retire to his bottle of whiskey and a golf career my damn self! I don't usually say things like this, but I don't believe that this guy will ever be happy until there's a white champion with a household name crowned. He REALLY gives blacks fighters a hard time during their interviews, whether they box their way to a victory, KO their opponent, or loses...it almost looks as if it hurts him to do a post-fight interview. He gives almost ALL (98%) fighters a hard time when he cuts them off and asks stupid questions.

I can pinpoint how he mocked Devon Alexander a couple of weeks ago. Though Alexander didn't look well in the fight and people didn't agree with the decision, Merchant implied insults about the decision, cut him off, and mocked him by saying, "splaining" (explaining) after Devon was done talking. We know that Devon is not the best speaker, but damnnit man.

He also has to explain his wack jokes every time they fly out of his mouth, smh. He has given some of the best and people-friendly fighters a tough time...guys like Oscar, Roy Jones, Hatton, etc. The only people that he doesn't mess with is Hopkins, the Klitzkos, Pacquiao, and he even tries to cut off the fighters who need interpreters, smh. Im leaning more towards Max Kellerman nowadays, and we all know that this old windbag's contract was up in '09, but they just allow him and Kellerman to alternate. Again folks, I am not racist, so please dont take it as such.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Jul 7 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #15

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

I love Larry Merchant. Always pleased when I see him tottering there unsteadily next to Lamps or Papa at the onset of a show.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 7 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

It's a sad day when people stop appreciating how cool it is to have a drunk crazy man on LIVE television.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 7 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #17

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 8 2011, 08:50 AM) *
Im ready for him to retire to his bottle of whiskey and a golf career my damn self! I don't usually say things like this, but I don't believe that this guy will ever be happy until there's a white champion with a household name crowned. He REALLY gives blacks fighters a hard time during their interviews, whether they box their way to a victory, KO their opponent, or loses...it almost looks as if it hurts him to do a post-fight interview. He gives almost ALL (98%) fighters a hard time when he cuts them off and asks stupid questions.

I can pinpoint how he mocked Devon Alexander a couple of weeks ago. Though Alexander didn't look well in the fight and people didn't agree with the decision, Merchant implied insults about the decision, cut him off, and mocked him by saying, "splaining" (explaining) after Devon was done talking. We know that Devon is not the best speaker, but damnnit man.

He also has to explain his wack jokes every time they fly out of his mouth, smh. He has given some of the best and people-friendly fighters a tough time...guys like Oscar, Roy Jones, Hatton, etc. The only people that he doesn't mess with is Hopkins, the Klitzkos, Pacquiao, and he even tries to cut off the fighters who need interpreters, smh. Im leaning more towards Max Kellerman nowadays, and we all know that this old windbag's contract was up in '09, but they just allow him and Kellerman to alternate. Again folks, I am not racist, so please dont take it as such.

Gotta love contradiction (see bold above). Merchant is a old drunk who says unintentionally hilarious things & rightly gives fighters a hard time when they deserve it.

He calls fighters on thier BS like when they say they will brutalise someone & then box their way to a cautious decision he calls them on it. Rightly so I may add.

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jul 7 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 7 2011, 07:15 PM) *
It's a sad day when people stop appreciating how cool it is to have a drunk crazy man on LIVE television.

In a nutshell bro!

Larry has a very slight filter. He will say almost anything. It's funny sometimes to see fighter put on a great defensive display only to fall victim to the verbal assault of the "Double Scotch Warrior" in the post fight interview.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 7 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2011, 07:21 PM) *
Gotta love contradiction (see bold above). Merchant is a old drunk who says unintentionally hilarious things & rightly gives fighters a hard time when they deserve it.

He calls fighters on thier BS like when they say they will brutalise someone & then box their way to a cautious decision he calls them on it. Rightly so I may add.

I just knew that somebody was going to find something wrong with my statement, smh. Too bad I found something wrong with your statement as well (see bold above). The rule is, "I" before "E", except after "C". Learn how to spell before you try to counter someone's statement...spell check is free by the way.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 7 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #20

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

There should be an age limit to post on here.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 01:08 AM