> Free at Last Free at Last James Kirkland is free at last
Cshel86
post Jun 28 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 27 2013, 04:09 PM) *
you're talking like most fighters are educated and actually read their contracts. these contracts are not as simple as one would think. they are vague and carefully worded to allow loop holes and unless you're a lawyer or someone who makes their living dealing with contracts, it's easy to be duped. hell...even ppl who sign mortgage contracts get duped. didn't we just go through a housing crisis where a shit load of ppl across the country loss their houses? the thing with most fighters is that these guys are typically from the streets with very little education. i disagree that he should lay down when they don't keep their promises verbal or otherwise. him asking for what they promised is holding them accountable. he showed up to fight and got in that ring. each time he puts his life on the line. he should be paid properly. there are no do overs in this. if he feels he can do better else where...so be it. i agree, he seems like the type that needs a short leash. i can tell you some stories about some of the guys that i dealt with in the past that never made it to kirklands level but definitely had the potential. some of the best guys i've come across are self sabotaging. you really have to protect them from themselves. truth is...even on some of the teams i was a part of in situations like that, where u would think relationships are tight and ppl are looking out for their best interests, blah,blah,blah...there is always someone looking to get over at the expense of the fighter. it's really sad and cut throat. i can't blame kirkland for looking out for himself.

Aren't all contracts, loans, and anything else with small print, filled with loop holes? Being from the streets shouldn't excuse one from not knowing what they're getting themselves into. It's just like that in their world (the streets), if you dont know anybody or the rules of the streets, then stay away from them, until you're in the clear.

If some unknown into Kirkland's world (the streets), he's not gonna make it easy for them. If they dont know streets rules (which change on a dime, or to somebody's satisfaction), then the streets will eat you up. Contracts, loans, etc., are no different...they're just legal (to a degree), and you're subject to whatever you sign off on, regardless of whether or not you fully understand it.

I dont understand how a guy from the streets, think that cut throat shit is only limited to the streets, and like it's not exercised in corporate America. None of these big companies or rich men, got to where they are, by being nice and fair. You think Donald Trump's ass would be rich, if he played by the rules? Speaking of rich people...I wanna see some of their freakin' tax write-offs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 27 2013, 06:01 PM) *
There's no shame in getting your ass beat by Ann lol that's a big girl.

Just hit that hoe wit a body shot!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 28 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #42

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 09:54 AM) *
I agree. I don't know what happen between he and Ann or his girlfriend. I never condone hitting a woman, ever. But there are two sides to that coin. Someone mentioned Floyd's case: No pictures, no evidence, just heresay for the most part. Plus if he was such a danger to his kids then they would not have been with him for the Cotto fight. I have no idea what is up with James, even if he doesn't fight again I hope the brother finds peace within himself.

I think their are photos from the doctor and right before the Guerrero fight she did an interview and showed the photos to one of the yahoo writers. It sure is two sides to every story and she isn't as innocent as she tries to make it seem

He could be frustrated with the way things were going with GB. They need to do right by him, neither one of yall want to do business. Pay the man what you owe and walk away. Why stick it to him? And especially like this, it's so many match ups that could have been made already involving him. Kirkland seems like a person who'd only St peace inside the ropes
I hope they wrap this up quickly so he can fight again but I don't think we'll see him fight this year

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 28 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 27 2013, 08:25 PM) *
He's doing it the professional way now because he ain't been getting no money since he hasn't been fighting. He wasn't keeping it professional when he blasted Ann Wolfe after he got out of jail or when he did it again when he supposedly got duped into drinking out of a black bottle. When things don't go his way he shows what he's made of. He seems like a typical street punk, stand up to him and he crumbles. He better be lucky they pulled that bs in the fight with Molina because he was getting starched. GB should just pay him and cut ties with him, what's the point of keeping him there and neither one of you really want to be there. But he needs son much work done to him mentally and physically that I don't know what becomes of him now. I love a good comeback story but the way he acts the odds ain't in his favor

true.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 28 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 28 2013, 10:04 AM) *
Aren't all contracts, loans, and anything else with small print, filled with loop holes? Being from the streets shouldn't excuse one from not knowing what they're getting themselves into. It's just like that in their world (the streets), if you dont know anybody or the rules of the streets, then stay away from them, until you're in the clear.

If some unknown into Kirkland's world (the streets), he's not gonna make it easy for them. If they dont know streets rules (which change on a dime, or to somebody's satisfaction), then the streets will eat you up. Contracts, loans, etc., are no different...they're just legal (to a degree), and you're subject to whatever you sign off on, regardless of whether or not you fully understand it.

I dont understand how a guy from the streets, think that cut throat shit is only limited to the streets, and like it's not exercised in corporate America. None of these big companies or rich men, got to where they are, by being nice and fair. You think Donald Trump's ass would be rich, if he played by the rules? Speaking of rich people...I wanna see some of their freakin' tax write-offs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just hit that hoe wit a body shot!

u and me both!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 1 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #45

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 28 2013, 02:59 PM) *
u and me both!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I bet they write off a metric fuck-ton of stuff too. There's loop holes through everything, and Im sure these rich folks are the definition of "finagle", when it comes to taxes. By the way, where in the hell is Wesley Snipes nowadays??? Lol

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 1 2013, 09:01 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Kirkland seems like the kind of guy who needs to stay busy in between fights. Too much idle time is a bad thing for this guy. He needs a hobby in between fights, maybe putting together model planes and cars will keep his ass out of trouble. Ann Wolfe was good for him. I liked her crazy, yet regimented training techniques. They seemed to bring out the best in this guy.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 2 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 1 2013, 08:34 PM) *
I bet they write off a metric fuck-ton of stuff too. There's loop holes through everything, and Im sure these rich folks are the definition of "finagle", when it comes to taxes. By the way, where in the hell is Wesley Snipes nowadays??? Lol

Snipes got a movie coming out. And he's supposedly going to be in the new expendables movie

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 2 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Snipes got a movie coming out. And he's supposedly going to be in the new expendables movie

Say whaaaaaat??? *Stewie voice*

There's about to be another Expendables movie??? I had no idea that dude was out of jail.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:48 AM