IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
Genius
post Apr 21 2013, 01:47 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,359

I got Canelo in this, bet the house. Floyd will need to dominate to win the decision or KO which is unlikely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hops
post Apr 21 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Floyd will simply offer Alvarez a measly $1M. After Alvarez refused, Floyd now has the same reason. That Alvarez doesn't want the fight.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 21 2013, 03:01 AM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

Huge size (weight) disadvantage isn't an excuse? Don't get me wrong I want to see that fight but you're making it seem like Canelo is the end all be all just when he got a gift last night.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Apr 21 2013, 06:26 AM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

To be quite honest, I'd like to See Canelo Vs. Cotto first in September. Thats a fight Im really excited about and I also want this fight to build up to be as intense as Mayweather Pacquiao- but actually materialize lol. I'd rather see Mayweather Canelo in May 2014. However that will be worst for Floyd because he's getting older and Canelo would be more experienced, more seasoned, still VERY young, and his credentials would permit him to get a greater purse if he continues being victorious amongst the 40,000 fans that he draws. If Floyd intends on figting Canelo he better do it ASAP. Time isn't on his side.

Canelo surprised the hell out of me last night. He performed well. Trout's kryptonite was his power. It was a very close fight however Canelo's power/accuracy was the deciding factor. Trout seemed so desperate and put himself at risk although he was more active. Respect to both fighters. Can't believe Canelo is only 22...

QUOTE (Hops @ Apr 21 2013, 02:55 AM) *
Floyd will simply offer Alvarez a measly $1M. After Alvarez refused, Floyd now has the same reason. That Alvarez doesn't want the fight.

No way in hell Floyd can do that after the 40,000 fans that were in attendance last night. And if Canelo fights Cotto on PPV in september im sure they'd crack a million buys at least. I dont even think Floyd has drawn that many fans to a venue. Mayweather Guerrero isnt even sold out yet. They had to add seats for this Canelo fight.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 21 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #5

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I would ask everyone not to get ahead of themselves.

I was one of the people who predicted that Canelo would win a decision over Trout. I based this off of watching the Delvin Rodriguez and Miguel Cotto fights. I saw a fighter who was slippery enough to make the other guy miss, but someone who lacked both respectable power or accuracy. Against a marketable fighter like Canelo, you're simply not going to be awarded rounds. Even then, I technically had Trout ahead at the end of it all.

Floyd Mayweather is on another level. He's one of the most accurate punchers the game has ever seen. His punches are so accurate and often timed so well that even without true power at higher weights, you find your head snapping back, because you're walking into straight right hand leads.

The other point here is of conditioning. Canelo hasn't shown himself to be a relentless stalker with a battery like the Energizer Bunny. Floyd could literally keep turning him and popping and moving the entire fight and Canelo would be dumbfounded by the middle rounds, given the class of boxing technique and ability he was up against.

For those of you who subscribe to the popular theory where Floyd's "legs are gone", well, let's say he's up against the ropes with Canelo's head in neck, flailing away with punches to the body and occasional uppercuts. Well, I can tell you that he simply won't be landing much of his punches at all. Floyd on the other hand, would be countering sharply from different angles.

Is Canelo a good young fighter who took a major step today ? Yes. Is he on the level where people can start saying that he would defeat Floyd Mayweather ?

Nope.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Apr 21 2013, 11:38 AM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 21 2013, 12:13 PM) *
I would ask everyone not to get ahead of themselves.

I was one of the people who predicted that Canelo would win a decision over Trout. I based this off of watching the Delvin Rodriguez and Miguel Cotto fights. I saw a fighter who was slippery enough to make the other guy miss, but someone who lacked both respectable power or accuracy. Against a marketable fighter like Canelo, you're simply not going to be awarded rounds. Even then, I technically had Trout ahead at the end of it all.

Floyd Mayweather is on another level. He's one of the most accurate punchers the game has ever seen. His punches are so accurate and often timed so well that even without true power at higher weights, you find your head snapping back, because you're walking into straight right hand leads.

The other point here is of conditioning. Canelo hasn't shown himself to be a relentless stalker with a battery like the Energizer Bunny. Floyd could literally keep turning him and popping and moving the entire fight and Canelo would be dumbfounded by the middle rounds, given the class of boxing technique and ability he was up against.

For those of you who subscribe to the popular theory where Floyd's "legs are gone", well, let's say he's up against the ropes with Canelo's head in neck, flailing away with punches to the body and occasional uppercuts. Well, I can tell you that he simply won't be landing much of his punches at all. Floyd on the other hand, would be countering sharply from different angles.

Is Canelo a good young fighter who took a major step today ? Yes. Is he on the level where people can start saying that he would defeat Floyd Mayweather ?

Nope.

Great points. I respect what you're saying. But the thing is if Floyd intends on fighting Canelo he's either fought him already yesterday or hes fighting him now. There is no tomorrow or later. When i say that i mean Floyd can not afford to wait. If he wants the optimal chance at defeating Canelo he would fight him ASAP. And if Canelo wanted the optimal chance at defeating Floyd he'd calm his ass down and wait until Floyd is fighting his last fight at 39 when he's ripe for the picking. At this age Floyd can't afford to let Canelo keep developing his ring IQ, stamina, experience, skills, and power. Not saying Canelo is close to Floyds level, but Canelo is definitely a good challenge that would offer Floyd good work.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 21 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I didnt see anything from Canelo last night that suggest hes in Mayweathers league. You haters would do your usual. Accuse Floyd of ducking until the fight gets signed. Then Canelo would be a cherry picked opponent.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #8

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Canelo is still green and wild but shit whatever. After last night I guess Canelo is now the pound for pound king. He was given a gift. I'm a little sour right now.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 21 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I knew as soon as this fight was signed, once Canelo beat Trout, fans would get more confident in being vocal of him beating Mayweather. I mean what did he rehydrate back up to 172lbs. Fight night? If that's the case, Mayweather at most would rehydrate up to 150lbs. Do the math and understand that we're not talking about natural WW's having a shot at beating Mayweather anymore right?

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 21 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I don't think Mayweather fights Canelo because he is so damn big.

As for last night, I didn't like Trout's gameplan but i did like his work ethic and heart. He outworked Canelo even though alot of his jabs missed and power punches were dodged. Trout didn't have the Power that Canelo had just planting his feet and waiting for an opening. He must of put all his power in each of his shots, thats the only reason i'd see why he was tired. Trout didn't go to the body enough when Canelo was sitting there moving his head. I was disappointed to say the least. Canelo only won the fight because of his power, Trout underestimated him big time.

Canelo reminded me of Donaire but Trout is no Rigondeaux/Mayweather............. Also Canelo must watch ALOT of Mayweather!!!! you can see it in his style with each passing fight

Mayweather beats Trout.
Mayweather/Alvarez would prob be like Forman/Ali. Mayweather will have to out box him and not get on the ropes until Canelo gets tired then get that KO. Much easier said than done..
I don't know if Mayweather should take Pacquiao before or after Canelo.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:29 AM