IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

95 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here), DONE DEAL! *UPDATE: PREDICTION POLL ADDED!*
Mosley vs. Mayweather Preview/Prediction
Who Wins?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 9 ] ** [21.95%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 19 ] ** [46.34%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Mosley by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [7.32%]
Mosley by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Mosley by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [19.51%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
Spyder
post Jan 30 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #41

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

That Pontoon is sounding more like a Floyd Fan Club than a proper Hate vehicle... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
d843
post Jan 30 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #42

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,697

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jan 29 2010, 10:34 PM) *
Joe Tessitore said just a few minutes ago that it was a done deal now. The way he said it made it sound like everything is 100% done.
WAR MOSLEY WAR .I GOT SHANE KO'n HIS ASS

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Jan 30 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #43

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 30 2010, 02:37 PM) *
The whole point is that we're not going to see Floyd get his ass kicked by the older man. Obviously it's better than anything Floyd's been in since Castillo, but it still not going to be any great matchup because Shane doesn't have the speed to make this competitive and Floyd's going to run all night long. And the thing is that when Floyd wins by decision he's going to act as if he just ko'd Tyson and every excuse maker in the world will absolve Floyd for all the ducking he's done.

Well, it all boxing fans have for the moment. We'll just have to take it.

QUOTE (JD @ Jan 30 2010, 02:44 PM) *
If Mosley had a fight in January, I think he would probably be a tougher fight. Coming off of a 16 month layoff, I am not sure that he is tougher fight than Clottey at all - let alone much tougher.

Both fights are interesting, good matchups.

I want to see Pacquiao test Clottey's toughness and knock him out for the first time while I like to see Floyd... well... get his butt kicked. Both fights are interesting.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Jan 30 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #44

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

I would not be suprised if floyd won a stinker. But i expect him to lose. I just dont think he truelly is a great WW. To tell you the truth I dont think he even thinks he is a great WW his choice of opponents at this weight to date has shown this.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 30 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 30 2010, 07:55 AM) *
That's exactly how it's going to go and the fact is that Mosley ain't the same fighter he was in his prime - so that's how it should be called.

To be great a fighter has to fight an unbeatable foe like Ali did with Foreman, SRL did with Hagler, ect. And Floyd has had many many opportunities to face those types of guys (Marg, Williams ect.) and he's chosen not to fight them. Now he's fighting a guy who is way past his prime and when Floyd wins in the same manner he beat Baldomir I'm going to point it out.

I'm really surprised that so many people are so excited about this fight. Hell, Shane landed a total of 3 punches in the first round of the second DLH fight. It wasn't until DLH decided to slug with him that Shane was able to hit him on any kind of consistant basis. If DLH can avoid Mosley's punches, Floyd can with ease. The only difference is that Floyd's never going to engage Shane ever.

Thats not the same Mosley we have seen recently. I think we'll be seeing something closer to the Mosley that fought Cotto. Mosley did very well in that fight. I think the thing that held him back in the early rounds was Cotto's power. In the late rounds he poured it on because Cotto' power faded. Mayweather isnt as powerful as Cotto. Mosley will go to work early and possibly stop Mayweather Late. i fully expect Naz and Mosley to geameplan Mayweather and beat him.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Jan 30 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #46

BANNED IN THE USA

Member No.: 1,018

I've heard there's a rematch clause? So, if Shane wins, then he won't be able to fight Pac immediately.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jan 30 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #47

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I can't say that I'm shocked that people are throwing out Shane's age... LOL

Floyd -2

PAcquiao -0

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jan 30 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Mayweather might not hit as hard as Cotto but his speed creates momentum and he is also much more accurate, which means he will be landing more often than Cotto was and thus be able to keep Mosley honest.

Very good fight for Mayweather to be taking and yes, Mosley is old but the majority of people here were picking him to destroy Berto so that means they still hold him in high regard.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jan 30 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #49

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 30 2010, 09:57 AM) *
Thats not the same Mosley we have seen recently. I think we'll be seeing something closer to the Mosley that fought Cotto. Mosley did very well in that fight. I think the thing that held him back in the early rounds was Cotto's power. In the late rounds he poured it on because Cotto' power faded. Mayweather isnt as powerful as Cotto. Mosley will go to work early and possibly stop Mayweather Late. i fully expect Naz and Mosley to geameplan Mayweather and beat him.

I expect we'll see the Shane from the Margarito and Mayorga fights. THAT guy is an old school throwback type of fighter. Throwing combinations, with blazing handspeed and power...not that pot-shotting modern day crap. The classic boxer-puncher.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Jan 30 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #50

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 1,494

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 30 2010, 02:15 AM) *
I'm fucking saying that shit NOW! That's the only reason that Floyd's agreed to this fight. I'm actually shocked it wasn't done for 2012 or 2013, to be honest.

If he wins, fine but it's not like it's a prime Mosley. He's pretty much delayed the shit out of most of the best of the Welters, so now he'll start fighting them and expect full credit for it.

What's he gonna wait for Cotto to get smashed again and then call him out?

There are some pretty pitiful, uninformed, "fan boy" posters here no doubt and quite frankly you're the KING of them. look back in the archives when I told you a year ago or further this would be your pathetic excuse. I mean you've gone on ridiculous limps posting about Floyd vs. Matthew Hatton amongst others and it's like you (and some others) still don't get it.

You fool boys are used!! The person you claim to HATE you're actually keep alive. By that I mean this. I have no doubts (and I don't pretend to actually know the inner workings of boxing but I know marketing and the same literally elementary tricks are done in boxing) that "feelers" if you will are thrown to the media. Whether directly or indirectly they're leaked. Because you fan boy, hate boys whatever will suck and scrounge on ever morsel you can find, you'll comment on it. Talk of "Matthew Hatton, Saul whatever his name is and Nate Campbell" and the "Hate faction" (my new term) will sear on it like a typical vulture. Meantime you're too engulfed in your EMOTIONAL responses (like a female) that you don't realize you're getting played. Guitar strummed, fiddled, however you wanna call it.

All those little so called "leaks" are done to DELIBERATELY keep the discussion going and for a HATER such as yourself ("Floyd's the B side", "the fight to save boxing floyd vs Matthew Hatton", etc) even when the fight of all fights is signed, you STILL have questions. Seriously shut the FUCK UP.

I've mentioned time and time again and this isn't directed to you but others that what most of you allege as "DUCKS" (and not just Mayweather) are fighters taking more LUCRATIVE fights vs non lucrative fights. NO ONE in here not even the pseudo altruistic ones will do the same job for less money when another is paying more unless you're MARGARITO who turned down Williams for more money in a rematch to get his ASS kicked in what he thought was an easy fight.

My point in using that example is fighters more often than not chose their opposition based on the payout. Byrdman (ie) cries the fight wasn't made sooner. Please then tell me Byrdman when it should have been made when it could have been it's most lucrative??

Meantime the fight is made, done deal. The Floyd haters and you have the right can subside and get their excuses ready should he win.

Allan Greene can shut the fuck up also and hopefully get his ass kicked since he felt the fight would never get signed.

Lastly there should be some FIGHTHYPE thing gettogether for this in VEGAS. HYPE sup with that?

+Quote Post

95 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:10 PM