IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> June 21st triple-header-On Showtime- Preview!, Guerrero/Kamegai-Alexander/Karass-Russell/Lomachenko
AZWildCat
post May 13 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

credit: ESPN.com

Robert Guerrero (31-2-1, 18 KOs) vs Yoshihiro Kamegai (24-1-1, 21 KOs)

Devon Alexander (25-2, 14 KOs) vs Soto Karass (28-9-3, 18 KOs)

Gary Russell (24-0, 14 KOs) vs Vasyl Lomachenko (1-1, 1 KO)

"Schaefer and Cunningham both said that wins by Guerrero and Alexander could lead to a fight between them in the fall."

"Golden Boy, which represents Russell, won the promotional rights at a purse bid, beating Lomachenko promoter and rival Top Rank. Golden Boy bid $1,052,000 to beat Top Rank's offer of $1,050,000."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10927...eheader-june-21
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 13 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

another solid Schaefer event... good job, keep those investors happy while ignoring your owner in name only

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 13 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 13 2014, 05:56 PM) *
credit: ESPN.com

Robert Guerrero (31-2-1, 18 KOs) vs Yoshihiro Kamegai (24-1-1, 21 KOs)

Devon Alexander (25-2, 14 KOs) vs Soto Karass (28-9-3, 18 KOs)

Gary Russell (24-0, 14 KOs) vs Vasyl Lomachenko (1-1, 1 KO)

"Schaefer and Cunningham both said that wins by Guerrero and Alexander could lead to a fight between them in the fall."

"Golden Boy, which represents Russell, won the promotional rights at a purse bid, beating Lomachenko promoter and rival Top Rank. Golden Boy bid $1,052,000 to beat Top Rank's offer of $1,050,000."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10927...eheader-june-21

GBP outbid TR by $2k?! Glad that didn't cause a big fuss, lol.

I like the ring of an Alexander/Guerrero clash in the fall...hopefully it isn't a bore, like most southpaw fights that I've seen. I can already tell you that Robert is gonna want it more, and Devon is gonna choke up, as always. I think Robert stops Devon, if this fight is made.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post May 13 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

gonna have to get a new avi thanks for the laugh shelly

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 13 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 13 2014, 08:59 PM) *
gonna have to get a new avi thanks for the laugh shelly

Man, Angel is my dude! I got this off of Danny instagram this morning. Lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 14 2014, 02:22 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 13 2014, 07:18 PM) *
GBP outbid TR by $2k?! Glad that didn't cause a big fuss, lol.

I like the ring of an Alexander/Guerrero clash in the fall...hopefully it isn't a bore, like most southpaw fights that I've seen. I can already tell you that Robert is gonna want it more, and Devon is gonna choke up, as always. I think Robert stops Devon, if this fight is made.

bold pick

what an avi, comically disturbing.

Schaeffer is a great promoter for boxing. He makes a bunch of great match up's despite his bad on mic skills. And stub hub is that venue, they just the foty favorite so far and they seem to be intent on putting on more good fights there. Good card I may have to come through there again (was there for the maidana josesito fight which included a angulo Lara).

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 14 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 14 2014, 03:22 AM) *
bold pick

what an avi, comically disturbing.

Schaeffer is a great promoter for boxing. He makes a bunch of great match up's despite his bad on mic skills. And stub hub is that venue, they just the foty favorite so far and they seem to be intent on putting on more good fights there. Good card I may have to come through there again (was there for the maidana josesito fight which included a angulo Lara).

I actually think Schaefer is better on the mic, than most other promoters who are content with being quiet and their fighters tv deals. That accent is horrible, but I swear it make me laugh...Schaefer's a cool guy.

Stub Hub IS the venue for GBP to rack up some serious money, and they've proven it with their amazing cards. I totally forgot that you were at the Maidana/Lopez card. How far away is the Stub Hub Center, from where you stay? I ask because I know a couple of people from Cali, and they talk about how HUGE it is, and far away some of these venues are.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 14 2014, 06:43 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I would say i'm happy to see Guerrero back in the ring but I'd be somewhat lying. I just don't want to hear anymore of the bs rhetoric he's been spewing the last few yrs. He should look to step the activity level up a bit and a potential fight between he and Devon is intersting. But I'm not sold that devon will get past JSK, the guy is tough and rugged and after what Porter did to Devon, I could see JSK having some similar success against him...the fight I'm looking forward to the most is GRJ-Loma.

This post has been edited by mrchitown: May 14 2014, 06:43 PM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 14 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Yeah I'm actually excited to see this Japanese dude, I want a new face in the division and Asia needs to start making noise.

I want Devon to beat JSK simply so he can fight thurman next.......Thruman vs Guerrero or Alexander would be a good fight, if Porter isn't available.

I'm most excited about this GRJ-Loma fight. Top Rank keeps taking L's.....Thank you Schaefer, Thank you Showtime!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 14 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (TheCritics @ May 13 2014, 04:09 PM) *
another solid Schaefer event... good job, keep those investors happy while ignoring your owner in name only

Oscar thinks he can do a better job or run GB without Schaefer. Good card.

Devon and Soto should be a nice fight.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 04:41 PM