IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bradley vs Marquez, This year just keeps getting better!
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-im-faci...as-vegas--64561

Marquez has confirmed that he will fight Bradley 9/14 at the Thomas and Mack center. What a fight! He said he was approached with 2 names, Bradley and alvarado.

This year has been pretty awesome so far, and it seems like its just gonna get better.

Are you guys ready for this!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 18 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had originally picked Bradley by UD, but this really is a 50/50 fight that I don't feel confident either way.

If Bradley sticks and move and pot-shots while avoiding getting it, he'll win a close decision.

If Marquez has his Pacquiao face on, he will win a close decision. He COULD drop Bradley, maybe a long shot of a KO if he nails Tim like he did Manny.

If we get an "Old Marquez" like Mayweather, and Tim boxes instead of tries to brawl he wins a clear UD.

This fight has several critical variables for it:

1.) Can Bradley stick to a stick and move plan and not get hit?
2.) Can Marquez work his magic for another night?
3.) Will Bradley try to get into a war?

Any of these things could happen for either fighter. Too hard to call.

Jack

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 18 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

I've been wanting for this fight to be made for a while. I think JMM takes this by UD 8 rounds to 4. Especially after the beating Bradley took from Ruslan.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 18 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think this is going to be a sloppy, boring fight to be honest. I think Bradley wins a very close, controversial decision. I also think there's a strong possibility this fight gets stopped due to a clash of heads.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 18 2013, 02:44 PM) *
I've been wanting for this fight to be made for a while. I think JMM takes this by UD 8 rounds to 4. Especially after the beating Bradley took from Ruslan.

I like your prediction. I just can't see many people outboxing marquez, I love this match up. Both guys arent scared to exchange and box. And I'm glad you mentioned the punishment Bradley took because I'm wondering if that performance gave marquez his knockout mentality like in his last pack fight or if he saw something that makes him think he can win a ud

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 18 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think it's Bradley's fight to lose if he gets into a brawl.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 03:43 PM) *
I had originally picked Bradley by UD, but this really is a 50/50 fight that I don't feel confident either way.

If Bradley sticks and move and pot-shots while avoiding getting it, he'll win a close decision.

If Marquez has his Pacquiao face on, he will win a close decision. He COULD drop Bradley, maybe a long shot of a KO if he nails Tim like he did Manny.

If we get an "Old Marquez" like Mayweather, and Tim boxes instead of tries to brawl he wins a clear UD.

Jack

i agree. prior to bradley's last fight...i would have picked bradley by ud. now....it's a toss up.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #8

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 02:43 PM) *

Jack

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 03:25 PM) *
i agree. prior to bradley's last fight...i would have picked bradley by ud. now....it's a toss up.

I dig this match-up! And concur. Good assessment, Max. And if it gets signed, I'll be extra happy that both guys are sticking it to Pac & Arum, for making both of them wait on rematches. AND because Arum has continued to state that Marquez was fighting Pac next, despite JMM continually saying otherwise.

The fighter should be the boss...not the promoter....but the guy risking his life and his legacy. I will have all the more respect for JMM and Tim,if they follow through on this.

This post has been edited by VJones: Apr 18 2013, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 18 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

The weight that Bradley had to lose for the Ruslyn fight may have doomed him. I think in that fight, not only did we see flaws in his Defense, but his ability to take punches was a major factor. We all know Bradley has Great Heart and a good work rate, but if you add the flaws on top of the fact that he's not really an hard effective puncher, that in it self can give all the advantages over to the tactitional 39 year old counter puncher Marquez. I'm going with Marquez on this one.

Bradley's only solid chance to winning really, is to out work the much older Marquez, but to do it (of coarse) a lot SMARTER than he was able to do against Ruslyn. But it's like I said, he's on the decline taking all that punishment.

Nice to see Marquez sending out a big fuck you to Pacquiao lol, but I think if each of them win there next fights, then they'll fight one last time before either retires.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 18 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 18 2013, 02:15 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-im-faci...as-vegas--64561

Marquez has confirmed that he will fight Bradley 9/14 at the Thomas and Mack center. What a fight! He said he was approached with 2 names, Bradley and alvarado.

This year has been pretty awesome so far, and it seems like its just gonna get better.

Are you guys ready for this!!!

Man, thank the boxing gods whoever they be for this match up because I'm downright tired of seeing Pac being protected and fighting JMM only.....I'm ready for this fight but I think TB will be too fast for him and can win this rather handily if he just simply box.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:51 PM