Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just rewatched Mayweather vs Mosley, Questions
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 18 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

How many of today's welter weight or jr welterweights would have gotten dropped or KO'd by that Mosley straight right and left hook that wobbled/rocked Mayweather?

Also name any of today's welters or jr welters that could or could not finish finish Mayweather in that 2nd round.

I think Garcia and possibly Devon could have survived, don't no bout the rest..Pacquiao could have probably?

This post has been edited by BoxingEinstein: Feb 18 2014, 04:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 18 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Maidana, Marquez, Rios, Prod, Bradley

Pretty sure they'd all survive, and more I can't seem to think of right now

If Mosley did more vs Pac we'd have an easier answer.

Finishing Mayweather on the other hand is a different matter altogether since nobodies done it, I'd say Pac, Thurman (although he gets wide). The thing is it'd take someone relentless since nobody really has the skills to beat Mayweather, they can't hurt him and then stayed composed and wait, they need to hurt him, and get in quick and do damage, a guy like Prod isn't anywhere near the level of Mayweather but if he hurts Mayweather like that, am pretty sure he'd wade in throwing shots not matter what came back.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 18 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Hard to say because Mayweather survived that round moreso off of his ring savy and veteran tactics (tight guard, knowing the proper way to tie up, smothering Mosley's pucnhes, effective counter shots, letting Mosley punch himself out) than off of pure heart and a solid chin. I knew Mosley was good at getting people outta there when he annihilated Magarito.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 18 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 18 2014, 03:19 PM) *
How many of today's welter weight or jr welterweights would have gotten dropped or KO'd by that Mosley straight right and left hook that wobbled/rocked Mayweather?

Also name any of today's welters or jr welters that could or could not finish finish Mayweather in that 2nd round.

I think Garcia and possibly Devon could have survived, don't no bout the rest..Pacquiao could have probably?

None of them can take a punch like Margarito and he got put to sleep by Mosley so that only leaves Floyd, all the rest would've went to sleep.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 18 2014, 06:27 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 18 2014, 06:08 PM) *
None of them can take a punch like Margarito and he got put to sleep by Mosley so that only leaves Floyd, all the rest would've went to sleep.

and he landed two monstrous right hands on Floyd and he did not even think of retreating. Mosley hits harder than Marquez.. that shot Mosley landed puts Pac face first on the canvas.. THURMAN? He was on his bike like Soto Karas had big time power... chin is questionable

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 18 2014, 06:28 PM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 18 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 18 2014, 06:08 PM) *

and he landed two monstrous right hands on Floyd and he did not even think of retreating. Mosley hits harder than Marquez.. that shot Mosley landed puts Pac first first on the canvas.. THURMAN? He was on his bike like Soto Karas had big time power... chin is questionable

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 18 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 18 2014, 11:08 PM) *

Margs never got put to sleep, it was a TKO...

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Feb 18 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #8

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Man if Mosley had been able to recapture his youth in that fight..I think had that round happened even 3 years prior Floyd would've not survived. Mosley spent a ton of energy trying to pull Floyd off him instead of continuing to punch to the wide open body. Had Mosley not gotten over excited he would've shocked the world that night.

Outside of maybe 3 people in the division I think everyone would've closed the deal that night under those circumstances. Mosley just had nothing left after that round.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 18 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Feb 18 2014, 08:04 PM) *
Man if Mosley had been able to recapture his youth in that fight..I think had that round happened even 3 years prior Floyd would've not survived. Mosley spent a ton of energy trying to pull Floyd off him instead of continuing to punch to the wide open body. Had Mosley not gotten over excited he would've shocked the world that night.

Outside of maybe 3 people in the division I think everyone would've closed the deal that night under those circumstances. Mosley just had nothing left after that round.

Floyd did not allow Mosely to close the deal and even came back with heat after rapid recovery... Floyd has never been separated from his senses and that hard task, along with a good chin, great defense, and freakish stamina makes him hard to KO.

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 18 2014, 08:56 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 18 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Floyd actually smiled when he started doing the stanky leg dance. That fight was really interesting for 6 minutes then well we know what happen.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:00 AM