> Am I the Only One?
Cshel86
post Sep 29 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Sep 29 2012, 02:50 PM) *
I just believe he needs to make himself the man to beat.. well, to me, with that near knockout towards the end with Chavez, he isnt.

I agree. The "man to beat" is usually the man racking up all of the money, and that still isn't Sergio. Now, if he and Chavez do a rematch and Sergio happens to get the bigger split (which is still highly unlikely, regardless of his win), then I'm sure that would somewhat solidify that.

Now that I think about it, had Floyd gone through with the rematch with Oscar, I'm not even sure he would've gotten the bigger split...probably why the fight never happened. Sergio is just gonna have to build up his next few fights, and as you said, become the "man to beat" at MW.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 29 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Idk why people are surprised sergio went down. It's been a fact that his chin is susceptible... But then again he has only gone down against punchers ie Paul Williams Kelly Pavlic Chavez Jr Margarito. I don't really count the Macklin one because I thought that was a slip

I cant even call the Williams and Pavlik knockdowns either...they were suspect. Did Margs even drop Sergio, or did he just beat him to submission? The only one that I can officially count is the Chavez knockdown. Lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 29 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 03:35 PM) *
I agree. The "man to beat" is usually the man racking up all of the money, and that still isn't Sergio. Now, if he and Chavez do a rematch and Sergio happens to get the bigger split (which is still highly unlikely, regardless of his win), then I'm sure that would somewhat solidify that.

Now that I think about it, had Floyd gone through with the rematch with Oscar, I'm not even sure he would've gotten the bigger split...probably why the fight never happened. Sergio is just gonna have to build up his next few fights, and as you said, become the "man to beat" at MW.

I cant even call the Williams and Pavlik knockdowns either...they were suspect. Did Margs even drop Sergio, or did he just beat him to submission? The only one that I can officially count is the Chavez knockdown. Lol

Now that I think about it I think margarito just stopped him, but chavez had him really hurt. I was surprised sergio didn't hold on instead he fought back. The guy has some serious pride

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 29 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 29 2012, 05:21 PM) *
The guy has some serious pride

At least it didn't bite him in the ass this time. Lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 29 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 06:08 PM) *
At least it didn't bite him in the ass this time. Lol

Like Khan lol

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Oct 3 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #15

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 28 2012, 08:53 PM) *
Am I the only one tired of casual fans or "new" fans trying to pump up this Mayweather/Martinez fight? Fuck it, let it go, more than likely it wont happen. People are crying about Floyd moving up to 160 to fight Sergio, or Sergio coming down to 154...here's what will happen:

1. Floyd will possibly lose because of the weight (160) and other nuances that comes with it.
2. Sergio will come down to 154 and possibly hurt himself doing so (weight drained)
3. We've have a bunch of inbred trolls all over the net, arguing points #1 and #2

Dammit man, Sergio JUST fought 2 weeks ago, his knee or whatever the fuck it is, is jacked up, and his hand looks like shit. I haven't been reading around, but I've been hearing about him calling out Floyd. Not sure if these new bed-wetters out here are digging up old interviews of Sergio begging, or Sergio really wants another payday, regardless of his injuries.

Who in hell knows what Floyd is thinking about at the moment, either he's not thinking about boxing, or he's waiting for somebody to put on a big performance, to announce a comeback. Typical Floyd. Anyhow, Im tired of this retarded stuff, Floyd has only been out of jail for a little over a month, and Sergio is only 2 weeks removed from a fight that taxed his body in ways that he may not have wanted.

Maybe I'm just pissed up and tired of reading BS. Lol

Thoughts?

You are the one thinking like a newbe fan by not wanting to see this fight happen. This is a historical where Floyd can see if he truly belongs with ATGs like Ali, Robinson and others. Fans who have been around for years want to see this fight happen and at 160 is the only weiht this fight belongs at. At 160 Floyd can try and win The middleweight championship and put himself in rare air. And for Martinez it gets him a chance to test himself against this era's great. This is a win win for the fans and I see it as a toss up. I can see either one winning with neither having a big advantage over the other.

The only People who wouldn't want to see it happen are newbe's or Floyd fans who are scared to see him lose as it's his biggest challenge. For boxing history it makes all the sense in the world. It's about if Floyds can do the impossible and be something(be a true ATG) that people will question his career about. Make it happen Floyd.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 02:50 PM) *
You are the one thinking like a newbe fan by not wanting to see this fight happen. This is a historical where Floyd can see if he truly belongs with ATGs like Ali, Robinson and others. Fans who have been around for years want to see this fight happen and at 160 is the only weiht this fight belongs at. At 160 Floyd can try and win The middleweight championship and put himself in rare air. And for Martinez it gets him a chance to test himself against this era's great. This is a win win for the fans and I see it as a toss up. I can see either one winning with neither having a big advantage over the other.

The only People who wouldn't want to see it happen are newbe's or Floyd fans who are scared to see him lose as it's his biggest challenge. For boxing history it makes all the sense in the world. It's about if Floyds can do the impossible and be something(be a true ATG) that people will question his career about. Make it happen Floyd.

The people who don't want to see this fight are the more reasonable boxing fans that know Martinez is too big... But fuck it Floyd should fight for the fans not for himself, skip Martinez bro, Floyd should fight Ward!.. or how about one of the Klitchkos!!!

Gtfo lol

Floyd has never even made 154 when he fights there and you want him to go to middleweight?.. I've heard it all now chels

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 3 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i don't think floyd fighting martinez is unrealistic. if he wants to be considered among the all time greats...a challenge like this is in order. duran fought hagler. why shouldn't floyd test himself? i think it's a winnable fight for him and i believe he'll get all the credit in the world for a victory. on the flipside....martinez gets less credit for picking on a little guy. let's be honest....no one gives hagler major credit for beating duran. it's a nice notch in his belt...but that's about it. i feel the same way about bhops victory over trinidad.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 3 2012, 03:56 PM

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Oct 3 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 01:36 PM) *
The people who don't want to see this fight are the more reasonable boxing fans that know Martinez is too big... But fuck it Floyd should fight for the fans not for himself, skip Martinez bro, Floyd should fight Ward!.. or how about one of the Klitchkos!!!

Gtfo lol

Floyd has never even made 154 when he fights there and you want him to go to middleweight?.. I've heard it all now chels

Yea you are right what am I thinking that a welterweight champion can fight for the middleweight championship. It's never happened before huh, so it's crazy to think it can happen. Give me a break dude. You have no concept to people doing things people say they can't. Being reasonable has nothing to do with it as it's all about making history. Something you have no knowledge of when it comes to boxing. All past ATGs have challenged themselves and tried to do something people thought impossible.

Now do I think this fight happens absolutely not as we all know how Floyd responds to real challenges. But this fight for floyd and winning the middleweight championship would put him in a class with only just a few others.

Btw checkleft don't try and battle me in game wits, smarts or boxing history because you are armed with neither of it.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 05:03 PM) *
Yea you are right what am I thinking that a welterweight champion can fight for the middleweight championship. It's never happened before huh, so it's crazy to think it can happen. Give me a break dude. You have no concept to people doing things people say they can't. Being reasonable has nothing to do with it as it's all about making history. Something you have no knowledge of when it comes to boxing. All past ATGs have challenged themselves and tried to do something people thought impossible.

Now do I think this fight happens absolutely not as we all know how Floyd responds to real challenges. But this fight for floyd and winning the middleweight championship would put him in a class with only just a few others.

Btw checkleft don't try and battle me in game wits, smarts or boxing history because you are armed with neither of it.

Idk where you get this stuff from skip, Floyd cannot even legitimately make 154 he is what 5'8? And you expect him to put himself at a huge disadvantage to please haters like you who wouldn't be happy even of he did do it? Get real. Like Floyd says he's never gonna get credit for what he does because ignorant people eat up all the bull shit the media spits out.

Nobody is battling anyone dude, your the one who comes out and insults people when other people are debating. Instead of being inquisitive you come off as some YouTube poster or boxingscene troll, I mean if your that much of a boxing historian why is it that you only post on topics regarding Floyd, a guy which you don't like?

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Oct 3 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #20

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 03:29 PM) *
Idk where you get this stuff from skip, Floyd cannot even legitimately make 154 he is what 5'8? And you expect him to put himself at a huge disadvantage to please haters like you who wouldn't be happy even of he did do it? Get real. Like Floyd says he's never gonna get credit for what he does because ignorant people eat up all the bull shit the media spits out.

Nobody is battling anyone dude, your the one who comes out and insults people when other people are debating. Instead of being inquisitive you come off as some YouTube poster or boxingscene troll, I mean if your that much of a boxing historian why is it that you only post on topics regarding Floyd, a guy which you don't like?

You don't get where I get what stuff from? You don't get why a person would want to see a other person challenge themselves? Anyway Floyd doesn't have to come in at 160(middleweight) to fight for the belt. He would be well served if he came in at his normal weight. The only reason his fight is talked about with people is because Floyd has a great chance at winning. If Floyd was some scrub belt holder like most belt holders these days then I'd understand why you wouldn't wan to see it. But Floyd is a great of this era and he happened to win a title at 154, so going to middleweight and winning the middleweit Championship and putting yourself in very rare air in boxing history would be great. ATGs like Henry Armstrong, ray Robinson and Ali all tried did things people thought were impossible. So why not Floyd. Plus Floyds credit had never been in question. It's universally known that he is a all time great of this era. I'm talking about putting himself in all time great status of all time.

I know the chance of his fight come off is slim to none and that's a shame but i talk about it because this a boxing forum.

And the reason why mostly all post of mine are Floyd related is because majority here are Floyd experts and know all things floyd so I'm giving what this place is likes. I talk about other parts of boxing in other forums where there are other kinds of fans.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Oct 3 2012, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:31 AM