> Juanma's Battle Axe...
Cshel86
post Mar 4 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.boxingscene.com/juanma-ex-wife-...ch-looms--50254

As the article stated, their are rumors circulating about Lopez's ex-wife considering reconciliation. Last time I checked, she had a lot to do with the loss that he took last year.

Mentally, that shitty pending divorce surely took a toll on him leading up to that fight. Now, Im not solely blaming his performance on this alone, because we all know that he has bad habits between fights.

It sucks that a "reconciliation" is even brought up a week before this big rematch, when it had the most effect on him in the first fight. Not to get in this guy's personal life, but from what I know...it's cheaper to keep her...and it's hell if you dont take her back! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thoughts?

*Oh yeah...I dont want somebody to jump on here and say some cliche' shit like, "I dont care what happens in his personal life, as long as he comes to fight". M*therf*cker, wasn't his personal life the reason he looked bad in the last fight?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 5 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Stating the obvious, but only he knows how much that affected him. I've been kicked to the curb a few times in my day and know how much it can suck, but this should not affect him in the ring. If it did the first time and he lets it affect him the second time, then he deserves to lose.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 5 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Stating the obvious, but only he knows how much that affected him. I've been kicked to the curb a few times in my day and know how much it can suck, but this should not affect him in the ring. If it did the first time and he lets it affect him the second time, then he deserves to lose.

Yeah, because he was getting his paper stapled in the first fight. It was dead obvious that he wasn't mentally into the fight. I believe the weight had something to do to it as well because he got fat as shit before training camp.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

imo, juanma was already on the decline prior to that fight. he had been taking waaay too many punches in his fights and was looking more and more vulnerable every fight. i'd like to see him avenge his loss...but i'm not confident he will be able to. his wife coming back to him may serve as a boost for him, but i think he's going to need a bit more than that to turn the tables on salido.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 7 2012, 09:58 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2012, 11:12 AM) *
Yeah, because he was getting his paper stapled in the first fight. It was dead obvious that he wasn't mentally into the fight. I believe the weight had something to do to it as well because he got fat as shit before training camp.

Looks like this is another Saturday that I will not be seen in the club, poppin' bub! ("'bub" is short for bubble gum, right?)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 7 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2012, 05:17 PM) *
imo, juanma was already on the decline prior to that fight. he had been taking waaay too many punches in his fights and was looking more and more vulnerable every fight. i'd like to see him avenge his loss...but i'm not confident he will be able to. his wife coming back to him may serve as a boost for him, but i think he's going to need a bit more than that to turn the tables on salido.

I agree, not sure if he'll be able to win, but as has been said did he lose because Salido was the better man on that night, or because of other factors?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I almost agree with Professor about Lopez being on the decline, but honestly, his defense is shit and he's always susceptible to taking big shots. Guys that Gamboa pretty much ran over (Salido and Mtagwa), are the same guys that Lopez struggled with and got embarrassed by. Let's not forget about him being dropped by Concepcion.

So, the nasty divorce situation had to feel like the fat kid that broke the camel's back...especially when we factor in Lopez already having shit defense and a suspect chin going into every fight.

Got damn these last two rounds were pitiful. I would say that his demise began here (unless someone else has prior evidence)...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 7 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2012, 09:16 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/juanma-ex-wife-...ch-looms--50254

As the article stated, their are rumors circulating about Lopez's ex-wife considering reconciliation. Last time I checked, she had a lot to do with the loss that he took last year.

Not nearly as much as those Salido looping, overhand rights.

The only problem I would have w/ him getting back w/ her, is IF she ain't hot! Then again, he's boxing star in PR and those that know, know the one thing PR is NOT short on, is fly @$$ chicks!

Update: Just did some internet research and found pics of Mrs. JuanMa....let's just say, I'm pissed.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Mar 7 2012, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 7 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #9

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 7 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Looks like this is another Saturday that I will not be seen in the club, poppin' bub! ("'bub" is short for bubble gum, right?)

Yep, bubblicious (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 7 2012, 10:50 AM) *
Not nearly as much as those Salido looping, overhand rights.

The only problem I would have w/ him getting back w/ her, is IF she ain't hot! Then again, he's boxing star in PR and those that know, know the one thing PR is NOT short on, is fly @$$ chicks!

Update: Just did some internet research and found pics of Mrs. JuanMa....let's just say, I'm pissed.

Yep I just followed suit, and needless to say, I have deep regrets for doing such. Dammit Juanma (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Out of all the hot women in "Puerta Rica" (as Emmanuel Steward says)...he wifed up that hag??? Seriously? My eyes are bleeding over here...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:59 AM