IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> which up coming fight are you most excited about.., and why?
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 1 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Professor the two dad's have been wolfing at each other saying that if either guy steps out of line they are going to fight. Sr. Guerrero said he would beat Floyd's ass and Sr. didn't like that so he said he would beat Guerrero Sr.'s ass. So the press conferences should be interesting. I am surprised you have not heard of all the BS, it is actually pretty funny to hear a 50 and 60 year old men talk smack!

i'm sure all of this was spurred on by some hack journalist. it's ridiculous and not even worthy of covering.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 1 2013, 03:40 AM) *
It was pretty bold, wasn't it. lol. I noticed two things about Robert in the Berto fight: He doesn't like being hit to the body and he appeared tired after about 6 rounds. I think what made the difference is Berto wasn't mentally prepared for Robert's grit (nor dirty tactics) and he's just not a fighter that can make adjustments. Berto was in great physical shape, but he underestimated Roberts chin and tenacity. Golden Boy has always presented Robert as a "class act" and I think they initially had him in mind as torch recipient to Oscar...until Ortiz, that is (ever noticed that barely masked hatred/jealousy the Ghost has for Victor?)...my point, Robert is not the clean, polished guy they've always portrayed him. The boy is a thug. And I'm sure the hardships of the last few years have hardened him even more.

I think, Andre Berto thought he was going to be the thug in that fight. lol

Bottom line: What Floyd does masterfully, is everything Robert will struggle with. I rarely hear anyone talk about/praise Mayweather's body shots. But he destroys guys, breaking them down softly, gradually, from round 1 with stiff shots to the solar plexis, hooks to the body. It doesn't appear so gruesome...but its the slow death. I know if I noticed Robert's discomfort every time Berto touched his body, Floyd (and Roger and Pops and Jeff) all did too! Berto seemed to be the only one who didn't notice. lol.

And then there's Floyd's reach. Robert won't be able to smother him as he did with Berto. And he can't outbox him. So what's left....?

I don't think it's an easy fight for Floyd per se. But I think Floyd will go to Robert's body from round one. Robert will slowly wither. And by 10, I'm calling a code. =)

spoken like a student of the game. not a bad assessment. i agree with you on what floyd does with his body work. what i think needs to be considered is that robert isn't one dimensional. he's capable of switching things up. as far as the reach is concerned....cotto didn't have a reach advantage, nor did mosley...and if they were able to put hands on floyd...so will guerrero.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 1 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Key to Robert's gameplan IMO is to not attack unless it's behind the jab. We've seen Cotto have success behind the jab somewhat. If you come in with power punches, Floyd is going to spark that ass up all night. Mayweather isn't worried about landing hard. He's rather hit you 5 clean times and disrupt your rhythm.

Underrated factor in this fight, and I always say it, is Floyd's jab to the body. He did it vs ODLH. He did it vs Hatton. He did it vs Cotto. It seems like a range fighter in the 1st 2 rounds. Then you notice his opponents curling up trying to block it. Next thing you know, out comes that right hand.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 1 2013, 05:19 PM) *
Key to Robert's gameplan IMO is to not attack unless it's behind the jab. We've seen Cotto have success behind the jab somewhat. If you come in with power punches, Floyd is going to spark that ass up all night. Mayweather isn't worried about landing hard. He's rather hit you 5 clean times and disrupt your rhythm.

Underrated factor in this fight, and I always say it, is Floyd's jab to the body. He did it vs ODLH. He did it vs Hatton. He did it vs Cotto. It seems like a range fighter in the 1st 2 rounds. Then you notice his opponents curling up trying to block it. Next thing you know, out comes that right hand.

i agree. intelligent pressure...not mindless pressure. that's the key.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 1 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #25

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 02:54 PM) *
i agree. intelligent pressure...not mindless pressure. that's the key.

Intelligence and Guerrero is like saying black unity, only a myth. LOL, so my money is on May.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 1 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Intelligence and Guerrero is like saying black unity, only a myth. LOL, so my money is on May.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) we'll see.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 1 2013, 09:32 PM) *

It is

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #28

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 12:25 PM) *
i'm sure all of this was spurred on by some hack journalist. it's ridiculous and not even worthy of covering.

I think Sr. Guerrero started it and Sr. Mayweather took it to the next level. Either way both men should not act like kids. I mean come on, this is not about yawl it is about yawl's kids. Playing devil's advocate I am excited for the press conference! And Fight Camp 360!

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 2 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

I most excited for The bout between Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthyse! I just moved back home to Maryland and I just realized I have never been to a major boxing event. I'm so ashamed to even TYpe that lol. I need to change that for sure.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 2 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2013, 03:26 PM) *
I think Sr. Guerrero started it and Sr. Mayweather took it to the next level. Either way both men should not act like kids. I mean come on, this is not about yawl it is about yawl's kids. Playing devil's advocate I am excited for the press conference! And Fight Camp 360!

Big Floyd started it.....the article in which Ruben Guerrero started talking trash was in response to the Floyd SR interview here on fighthype

If they got at it tho I think Big Floyd will finish it too but I don't think it'll get that far

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:16 AM