IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just heard from a solid that PBF & King..., have signed a $100 million contract!
Method
post Aug 11 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #141

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

What do you think is being blown out of proportion, specifically?

I'm just curious. I could see if it was just them hanging out, and/or being at a card together, but obviously Floyd is doing this for a reason, when he's dangling pictures of $100,000,000 contracts up on his Twitter page to sign w King. How is that being blown out of proportion by the media?

To be honest, the first pic I saw of May and King a week or so ago w them holding money is NOT ANYWHERE NEAR CURRENT, as King's hair is still black (not GRAY, like the 79 year old actually is).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Aug 11 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #142

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 11 2010, 02:32 PM) *
Then I guess Pacquiao fell in love with Golden Boy until Top Rank happened to walk by and catch his eye.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

BTW, I didn't think you were serious to begin with. I don't know why someone would seem to think I'm serious about it. I just talk a lot...which translates into writing a lot...so I think some people seem to believe that I really care a lot more than I do. For me, this is just shooting the shit. Ironically, this is my break away from doing FightHype shit...so for me, this is fun.

It wasn't the amount you wrote, just the couple of times that you mentioned ending things...lol...but I apologize if I misinterpreted that to mean something that you didn't.

For a fight this polarizing, it's pretty ridiculous that the thing ain't signed yet...I really do hope that King's involvement is more than just smoke and mirrors.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 11 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #143

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 11 2010, 02:46 PM) *

I'm just curious. I could see if it was just them hanging out, and/or being at a card together, but obviously Floyd is doing this for a reason, when he's dangling pictures of $100,000,000 contracts up on his Twitter page to sign w King. How is that being blown out of proportion by the media?

To be honest, the first pic I saw of May and King a week or so ago w them holding money is NOT ANYWHERE NEAR CURRENT, as King's hair is still black (not GRAY, like the 79 year old actually is).

I think it's being blown out of proportion in the sense that Don King is now the only man capable of "getting" Mayweather to fight.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 11 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #144

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 11 2010, 03:00 PM) *
It wasn't the amount you wrote, just the couple of times that you mentioned ending things...lol...but I apologize if I misinterpreted that to mean something that you didn't.

For a fight this polarizing, it's pretty ridiculous that the thing ain't signed yet...I really do hope that King's involvement is more than just smoke and mirrors.

I don't remember saying anything about "ending things" other than when I just told JD "if I disliked it, or even loathed it, I would have silenced it a long time ago"...which is basically me saying that I had no problem with anyone's opinion and I'll gladly continue to discuss it if people so choose. Other than that, I don't even remember saying anything about ending the discussion...so I'm not sure where you got that from. You might have to refresh my memory.

No apology needed...I didn't take offense to anything.

Sorry, but as far as I know, it's just smoke and mirrors.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 11 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #145

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 11 2010, 02:46 PM) *

Being blown out of proportion as in Mayweather went from hanging out with Don King to signing a 4-fight, $100,000,000 contract with him in under a week. I mean, I DEFINITELY agree that he's putting that stuff out there for a reason...in fact, I'm pretty sure I know the reason and have talked about it already...but I don't think a couple of pictures with Don King and a pic of a Letter of Intent for a promtional agreement worth $100,000,000 translates into him signing a 4-fight, $100,000,000 deal with King, according to Marley and co-signed by Montoya. I mean, Holyfield was chillin in St. Louis too....is he about to sign a 4-fight contract? Heck, Tyson was supposed to be in attendance as well...does that mean that King is about to announce Tyson vs. Holyfield 3?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

So just in that sense. I just think there's a lot of writers out there grabbing at straws, trying to make it sound like they have the inside track when they really don't have any clue as to what's going on. The fact that Arum and Roach are running around saying the fight can be made if Don King is involved...I mean...REALLY? It's come to THAT now? Bob Arum supporting Don King? LOL. It's REALLY getting way out of hand. About 99.5% of the media have no clue as to what's going on, but they're all trying to guess and spin it whatever way they can. I mean...whatever...it is what it is, but I just think a lot of people are giving way more attention than it deserves...especially if it amounts to absolutely nothing.

Regarding the pic...I'm not sure how current those pics are. I thought King and Floyd looked a little youthful in those pics, but hey, it's hard to say. But if those pics are old, then there's also a good chance that the pic of $100,000,000 contract is old too...perhaps something that King presented to him the first time Floyd visited him in Florida (when he first came out of retirement).

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 11 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #146

Gotcha.

You hearing anything on Hopkins vs winner of Dawson/Pascal? Haye?

How the fuck does Tavaris Cloud label himself the "new Hopkins"? Cuz he beat Glen Johnson? Shit. He BARELY escaped w his "0" in tact.

Another thread, I guess.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 11 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #147

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 11 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Gotcha.

How the fuck does Tavaris Cloud label himself the "new Hopkins"? Cuz he beat Glen Johnson? Shit. He BARELY escaped w his "0" in tact.

Another thread, I guess.

And was lucky to get a UD.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 11 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #148

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 11 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Gotcha.

Another thread, I guess.

You know, that's the messed up thing because I haven't heard shit about Hops. I just assumed that he was laying in the cut, surveying the scene and waiting to see how a few things panned out before selecting his target to make a lot of noise about. I know he's mentioned Haye time and time again, but I really think Schaefer probably told him, "Vell, look Bernard, ve vould really like to get you that fight, but you know Haye is going to just vait for the Klitschkos, so our hands are tied." In which case, I figured maybe Nard might reconsider a fight with the Dawson/Pascal winner if he could get the money he's looking for. I think best case scenario for Bernard is that Pascal wins, because if he does, I think Bernard could get more money fighting Pascal in Canada than fighting Dawson anywhere. So I just thought maybe he might be waiting around for the outcome of that fight before making some noise.

As for Cloud, well, the "new Hopkins" couldn't do to the "old Johnson" what the "old/young Hopkins" did to the "old/young Johnson"...so I don't know what the hell he was talking about. Maybe he meant the "new Demetrius Hopkins".

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
Keith
post Aug 11 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #149

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

Is Hopkins just hanging around for some small going away paydays at this point?

He's been kinda avoiding Dawson for a bit now and at his age the longer he waits the worse his chances of winning get. He can't be a fool to that point.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 11 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #150

Hahahahahaha @ "Demetrius".

Dude, Hops is gonna wind up in the Milk Carton Clan w Winky, et al...

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 02:06 AM