IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's The Hold Up With Martinez-Cotto being made official?
Gambit808
post Jan 7 2014, 10:05 PM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 7 2014, 08:13 PM) *
That great jab and the fact that he's back to throwing to the body with bad intentions

...but who knows how much of an effect those body shots will have on a solid Middleweight champ who has fought a lot bigger and heavier hitters in his career. Cotto is still 50/50 competing at Jr. MW and the only time he has found success in that weight was going through C level and down fighters he was suppose to beat in the first place. He's had/will have trouble with all these top fighters at this weight, and now going against Champion in a higher weight class, his best shot is that Martinez is a shot rusty aging fighter who hasen't recovered 100% from injury, because if this isn't the case, I don't see this fight even considered to being made and that's saying a lot because Cotto generally fights everybody.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 7 2014, 10:15 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Yall aint real Cotto fans...his real fans wouldn't rush this asswhoopin' that he's about to get in June!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

A good ol' country asswhoopin' is in the works as we speak...lol

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 7 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2014, 10:15 PM) *
Yall aint real Cotto fans...his real fans wouldn't rush this asswhoopin' that he's about to get in June!

A good ol' country asswhoopin' is in the works as we speak...lol

Curiosity Cshel. Curiosity in how bad of a asswhoopin' is handed out or if Martinez is at the stage of decline in his career that retirement is knockin' at his front door with Cotto on the other side to tell em to do so lol.

Like the point I'm trying to make is if Martinez is still Martinez, then Cotto may be in trouble.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 7 2014, 10:36 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 7 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 7 2014, 10:35 PM) *
Curiosity Cshel. Curiosity in how bad of a asswhoopin' is handed out or if Martinez is at the stage of decline in his career that retirement is knockin' at his front door with Cotto on the other side to tell em to do so lol.

Like the point I'm trying to make is if Martinez is still Martinez, then Cotto may be in trouble.

They're both a jab and a left hook away from seeing the birdies anyway, lol.

I'm trolling here Gambit...thought you knew me by now.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 7 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 7 2014, 09:05 PM) *
...but who knows how much of an effect those body shots will have on a solid Middleweight champ who has fought a lot bigger and heavier hitters in his career. Cotto is still 50/50 competing at Jr. MW and the only time he has found success in that weight was going through C level and down fighters he was suppose to beat in the first place. He's had/will have trouble with all these top fighters at this weight, and now going against Champion in a higher weight class, his best shot is that Martinez is a shot rusty aging fighter who hasen't recovered 100% from injury, because if this isn't the case, I don't see this fight even considered to being made and that's saying a lot because Cotto generally fights everybody.

I think Martinez will beat him. But this is an interesting matchup. Cotto has a great jab and since he's throwing to the body again, that could spell trouble for Martinez. Roy Jones said it best when he said Cotto would have to jump on Martinez. Martinez's stamina for the last few years has been almost as bad as Canelo's. Those body shots early will definitely pay dividends later in the fight. Hitting to the body has an effect on everybody, Martinez is a solid MW but if Cotto presses him and throws with conviction to the body it could be trouble. Good fight but I fully expect Martinez to win

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 02:48 PM