> Chavez jr to start train with Robert Garcia
AZWildCat
post Feb 6 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...havez-jr--74410

i dont know if he's back doing his Strength training with Alex or with the other guy that did his last camp(hopefully not) but getting back with alex ariza is the best thing for him. regardless of the scandal and speculation Alex kept this kid at 160 looking ripped n ready and not gassing out or fatiguing.
on top of that if Garcia can do what he did with maidana and make him a "better" brawler! raise his punch output and offensive aggressiveness, you might have a new opinion on jr.
i know hes hated for the fruity pebble eating bubba kush smoking 24/7 episodes but if we can get the same kid that fought rubio and lee then i like his chances with vera, froch & GGG. (he like the rest still getting whipped by ward though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 6 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This can do nothing but help him if ya ask me

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 6 2014, 03:28 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Garcia for President

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2014, 03:43 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

It's going to be interesting to see how someone whose notorious for not being serious and training does with Garcia. And I don't see Ariza being much of a difference either. Everyone wanted to see how JCC Jr would perform when faced with a big test, and he failed miserably against Martinez. I'm holding out hope that Garcia will help him but how good is JCC Jr? He supposedly didn't listen to Roach's instructions during his biggest fight, so why am I to believe Garcia would be any better? I don't think it's a trainer problem it's a fighter problem. No amount of changes to his camp is going to make him bust his ass in the gym and change his mentality. I've never believe he had the mentality of a fighter. I said on here many times when his weight advantage was gone he'd have issues, well he fought Vera at a higher weight and everybody and their kid thinks he lost that one...I need to see how they gel in a few fights together, this move doesn't excite me

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 6 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 6 2014, 04:28 PM) *
Garcia for President

nahhhh.....i dont think so!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 04:43 PM) *
It's going to be interesting to see how someone whose notorious for not being serious and training does with Garcia. And I don't see Ariza being much of a difference either. Everyone wanted to see how JCC Jr would perform when faced with a big test, and he failed miserably against Martinez. I'm holding out hope that Garcia will help him but how good is JCC Jr? He supposedly didn't listen to Roach's instructions during his biggest fight, so why am I to believe Garcia would be any better? I don't think it's a trainer problem it's a fighter problem. No amount of changes to his camp is going to make him bust his ass in the gym and change his mentality. I've never believe he had the mentality of a fighter. I said on here many times when his weight advantage was gone he'd have issues, well he fought Vera at a higher weight and everybody and their kid thinks he lost that one...I need to see how they gel in a few fights together, this move doesn't excite me

the problem making weight didn't come till he left ariza. but i feel you on not following instructions....hes a donkey wit it.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 6 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

garcia's been kind of hit or miss to me. he's brought out the best in some like mikey and maidana, but with knuckleheads like rios, he wasn't able to improve on much. donaire's also been off his mark, but i know that he likes to spend his training camps jumping from place to place so this might not have anything to do on garcia's part. i think as a trainer, garcia's good at spotting opponents' weaknesses and developing strategies, but it's really up to the fighter at the end of the day to go out and execute. chavez isn't know for his heart or his discipline so im not sure if he can use what garcia teaches him to his advantage.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 6 2014, 03:46 PM) *
nahhhh.....i dont think so!

the problem making weight didn't come till he left ariza. but i feel you on not following instructions....hes a donkey wit it.

The problem with Ariza is the same thing it was with Manny, Pacquiao and Chavez Jr both complained of cramps. And that's with him doing s & c. Ariza wasn't that big of a deal

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 8 2014, 02:30 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 6 2014, 05:15 PM) *
garcia's been kind of hit or miss to me. he's brought out the best in some like mikey and maidana, but with knuckleheads like rios, he wasn't able to improve on much. donaire's also been off his mark, but i know that he likes to spend his training camps jumping from place to place so this might not have anything to do on garcia's part. i think as a trainer, garcia's good at spotting opponents' weaknesses and developing strategies, but it's really up to the fighter at the end of the day to go out and execute. chavez isn't know for his heart or his discipline so im not sure if he can use what garcia teaches him to his advantage.

I think he's a good trainer.. the thing is Rios cannot fight any other way, dude is one of the least versatile fighters I've ever seen. And nonito, notoriously, does not train much with Garcia. He has hardly ever spent a full camp with Garcia. From what I understand there were times when they just met up on fight night lol.

But if Garcia can turn this thing around with chavez he may be even better than I think

BTW if nonito ever becomes a boxer instead of just looking for one shot every single fight, that will be a bad man..

This post has been edited by checkleft: Feb 8 2014, 02:33 AM

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Feb 8 2014, 02:55 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 6 2014, 02:22 PM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...havez-jr--74410

i dont know if he's back doing his Strength training with Alex or with the other guy that did his last camp(hopefully not) but getting back with alex ariza is the best thing for him. regardless of the scandal and speculation Alex kept this kid at 160 looking ripped n ready and not gassing out or fatiguing.
on top of that if Garcia can do what he did with maidana and make him a "better" brawler! raise his punch output and offensive aggressiveness, you might have a new opinion on jr.
i know hes hated for the fruity pebble eating bubba kush smoking 24/7 episodes but if we can get the same kid that fought rubio and lee then i like his chances with vera, froch & GGG. (he like the rest still getting whipped by ward though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

That is a whole lot of "ifs".... Chavez is trash... his biggest downfall is being "babied" all this time... he fights in the wrong style... he tries to emulate his father's style, but lacks the waist/head movement. ref bold: Its very easy not to gas out when not throwing punches. Chavez jr, sorry to say will never get his head in the game. I would rather see his father step in the ring today, tomorrow against anybody.. Jr lacks balls, heart.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 11 2014, 08:34 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Doesn't that fight with Sergio seem like ages ago???

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 07:40 PM