Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: UFC 101: Declaration 9PM (CST) SPOILERS 9:15, All Comments Here
The CEO
post Aug 9 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #11

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Ok then...sounds like Florian wasn't fully confident in himself and his abilities....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 9 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #12

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 9 2009, 06:01 AM) *
Kenny tried to use GSP's style and push BJ against the fence to wear him down. Poor strategy and I'm glad BJ submitted him. By the way, Roy Jones was at this fight scouting Silva. I think after that fight he ran out faster than Forrest did.

Roy Jones ain't scared trust me. Roy Jones would've done the same shit to Griffin. Griffin talent is that of a tomato can compared to a legend like Roy.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 9 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #13

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Nice call, CEO. KO 1

How embarrassing. Compare that performance to the one against Evans, then the one against Rampage, and ask yourself, "WTF?".

Penn proved himself once again. What a fighter. Florian's a good fighter but he wasn't ready for BJ and it showed big time.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Aug 9 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #14

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

It's quite fitting that Jones' name is mentioned in this thread with Silva... because Jones is exactly the name that came to mind tonight when I saw Silva catch Forrest with those quick ass counters. Prior to the KO jab, Silva caught Forrest twice I believe with lightning fast shots... with his hands at his sides... very Prime Roy Jones looking. I really do believe that Silva's ability is light years above anyone else in his division, much the way it was with Jones in his prime.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 9 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #15

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 01:09 AM) *
Roy Jones ain't scared trust me. Roy Jones would've done the same shit to Silva. Silva talent is that of a tomato can compared to a legend like Roy.

Forget Silva.

I want Jones to fight Nick Diaz because he's such a loudmouth. Let him come lumbering in, hands apart, terrible footwork, against even a 40 year old Roy Jones and watch what happens after he eats that third or fourth uppercut.

Adios Nick.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Aug 9 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 12:09 AM) *
Roy Jones ain't scared trust me. Roy Jones would've done the same shit to Silva. Silva talent is that of a tomato can compared to a legend like Roy.

Yes sir, a prime Jones would handle Silva but Roy is waaayyyy past prime. I think that would be a good boxing match but Dana isn't letting that happen so we'll never know.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 9 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #17

Choppin Headz Boi!

I meant to say FORREST talent is of an absolute tomato can compared to an even 40 year old Roy Jones. Silva wouldn't be able to pull that shit off against someone much more superior to him IN speed and boxing. What Silva did was pure boxing inspired by Mayweather/Jones type fighters.....I saw this coming...Forrest is absolutely tailor made for a good BOXER like Anderson.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 9 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

I don't know how much people here know about MMA but Forrest was really expected to give Silva a tough fight I think most knew Silva was gonna win but not many figured it would be in such a devastating fashion. After all Forrest did upset Shogun who was favored to win and beat Rampage Jackson who was also favored to win over Forrest. While it's true Forrest doesn't have the best technique the guy is a proven warrior and always gives a great fight and most experts and fans thought he was gonnna push Silva to the edge. But Silva showed why he is the #1 p4p MMA fighter in the world he made Forrest look like a f*cking bum and knocked him the f*ck out with a single jab going back unf*cking believeable.

Anderson is the SSR of MMA when it's all said and done i believe people will rememeber him as the GOAT.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 9 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #19

Choppin Headz Boi!

KidBazooka I agree with what you're saying about Silva he might be the best fighter today..BUT...

I for one KNEW this was going to be a massacre. Forrest...reckless..no defens having fighter...who is chinny...against a sharp shooter like Anderson? This was a mismatch.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 9 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 01:28 AM) *
KidBazooka I agree with what you're saying about Silva he might be the best fighter today..BUT...

I for one KNEW this was going to be a massacre. Forrest...reckless..no defens having fighter...who is chinny...against a sharp shooter like Anderson? This was a mismatch.

oh yeah I knew Silva was gonna take him out eventually but i don't think many people expected it in the fashion that he did it.

I agree Forrest doesn't have the best D but he beat two highly ranked fighters in Shogun and Rampage Jackson to take the title and the way Silva just destroyed him says alot about his skills.

There's real good fighters like BJ, Fedor and GSP and then there's Anderson Silva who is head and shoulders above everyone in MMA.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:22 PM