IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pac vs Ruslan, He's tailormade for Manny, it'd be a great war!!
BrutUalBK
post Mar 17 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

I know they're both trained by FR and TR probably would never allow it but I would love to see this fight between MP and RP, this guy (Ruslan) is tailormade for Manny, he comes straightforward/has no defense and would be right there all fight long.

I doubt if MP could stand up to the kinda shots that TB took tonight for too long but it would be interesting watching him chase Pac all over the ring before lowering the boom on him.

What are your thoughts on this match up??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 17 2013, 05:18 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I don't really wanna see a fighter who I have never previously heard of before his Bradley fight taking on one of the greats of this era.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 17 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Pac wouldnt take that type of fight at this point in his carreer nor should he. Besides Ruslans gonna be on the shelf for a minute. That was a nasty cut in a nasty spot. If Ruslan wants the big fights hes got to move to Golden Boy. Top Rank is recycled fights because the dont have the depth at 140-147 anymore.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 17 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 17 2013, 02:18 AM) *
I don't really wanna see a fighter who I have never previously heard of before his Bradley fight taking on one of the greats of this era.

He became great in 2003 that is ten years on the mark and not to mention his last three or four fights have been sub par. But okay. To each its own. But this would fit the Manny blue print, fighting a fighter coming off a loss. Hey he can beat the man who almost beat Bradley.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 17 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 17 2013, 04:05 PM) *
He became great in 2003 that is ten years on the mark and not to mention his last three or four fights have been sub par. But okay. To each its own. But this would fit the Manny blue print, fighting a fighter coming off a loss. Hey he can beat the man who almost beat Bradley.

No argument about Manny's last four fights. I agree 100%...but the previous part of my answer is more important. Never heard of Provodnikov until last night. He is solid, damn solid..but one performance out of the cave should not guarantee such a payday. IMO, Pac needs someone pillow-handed before he jumps in there with a banger. Ruslan is slow, no D fighter but hes got a chin on him and has power. I don't think that the combination of last two is something Manny and his team wants after getting KTFO by Marquez. And I also don't think that Provodnikov is tailor made for Manny.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 17 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 17 2013, 01:54 PM) *
No argument about Manny's last four fights. I agree 100%...but the previous part of my answer is more important. Never heard of Provodnikov until last night. He is solid, damn solid..but one performance out of the cave should not guarantee such a payday. IMO, Pac needs someone pillow-handed before he jumps in there with a banger. Ruslan is slow, no D fighter but hes got a chin on him and has power. I don't think that the combination of last two is something Manny and his team wants after getting KTFO by Marquez. And I also don't think that Provodnikov is tailor made for Manny.

Whoever Manny fights it will be a challenge mentally. His style has always been reckless and that recklessness damn near killed him. He doesn't have a jab and his boxing skills not fighting skills have been at best average. If he fights Rios it will be a slug feast and I doubt if he wants to get hit with anything. Honestly if he fights Correly or even a Kendell Holt, those would be two safe fights, even a Hank Lundy will be good for him. Jessie Vargas would be ideal for him. Not a big puncher, decent jab but not a big puncher enough to hurt Manny. Jessie Vargas and Pac would be good. If I am Arum I am not putting Pac's first fight back on PPV, I would make it a big HBO with a stellar undercard. I do not know the numbers Pac could bring in, especially with a lesser opponent.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Mar 17 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Do you guys forget that this guy is Manny's sparring partner? He was shown sparring him for the third marquez fight on 24/7. Theres some clips in youtube too. Theres your fight right there lol.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 18 2013, 06:40 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Mar 17 2013, 07:43 PM) *
Do you guys forget that this guy is Manny's sparring partner? He was shown sparring him for the third marquez fight on 24/7. Theres some clips in youtube too. Theres your fight right there lol.

No, I didn't forget. My point is elsewhere.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 18 2013, 06:40 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Mar 17 2013, 07:43 PM) *

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 18 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 06:40 AM) *

Of course it's well known that he sparred with MP numerous times and I don't believe anyone is lost on that fact but we all know that sparring isn't the same as fighting. One cannot obviously believe that a guy like Spadafora would actually be able to do what he did in sparring to Floyd in an actual bout? Normally in sparring a fighter is simply trying to mimmic the style of the opponent of whom their partner would be facing so he's not really trying to do damage but rather just trying to get his buddy some work, timing and know how on how to deal with what he may see in the real fight.

Honestly, I still believe that MP will outwork him and that he'd get busted up round to round but if MP decides to stand and trade/toe to toe then he's gonna get put to sleep.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:36 PM