IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gamboa TR resolve issues, cut ties, where to now?
checkleft
post Jun 21 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Just saw the report on boxingscene.

Is he headed toward mayweather promotions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 22 2012, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with Mayweather promotions. He trains there and has been seen there alot even when he was still under contract wit TR. I do know he needs to fight ASAP. Inactivity kills and he aint been in the ring in quite some time

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 22 2012, 01:33 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I definitely agree with that, he needs to get a fight fast on a good network and showcase what top rank just lost.. and now he has a chance to get more lucrative deals and maybe fights as well.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 22 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think he'll end up fighting under Haymon. It's a win/win. He can still be cool with Floyd but he gets to be under a big time promoter. I wouldnt be surprised if Mayweather Promotions dissolves after losing Vargas' departure and focuses strictly on Floyd. Lattimore disappointed a lot of ppl, myself included.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 22 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 22 2012, 10:14 AM) *
I think he'll end up fighting under Haymon. It's a win/win. He can still be cool with Floyd but he gets to be under a big time promoter. I wouldnt be surprised if Mayweather Promotions dissolves after losing Vargas' departure and focuses strictly on Floyd. Lattimore disappointed a lot of ppl, myself included.

Haymon is a manager, so Yuri still needs a high profile promoter. Im not sure if you meant that he'll be under Mayweather promotions with Haymon as his manager. Anyhow, Im not sure Vargas made Floyd all that much money anyway, but he is Mexcian, so it's still a bit of a loss on Floyd's part.

Yuri, on the other hand, is Cuban. That has A LOT to do with why Bob didn't try to stick it to him when he wanted out of his contract. If you think about it, Cuban fighters (Lara, Rigondeaux, Gamboa) are great fighters, but there isn't a huge market here for them.

That was the main reason Arum kept the Gamoba/Lopez fight from happening, because Lopez had a HUGE fan base in PR, but didn't sell many tickets here in the U.S. Gamboa on the other hand, had no fan base here in the U.S., and Arum would dare hold a fight in Cuba...nobody in their right mind would. Lol

With all of this said, it looks to be yet another win for Arum. Gamboa can look as good as he wants in the ring, but nobody (other than the boxing community) has been making a big fuss about him. Arum has ANOTHER Mexican under his belt, that he can make a star one day...and we ALL know that it's easier for a Mexican fighter be star, rather than a Cuban fighter.

If Floyd and Ellerbe don't make big moves fast, then you're right, Mayweather Promotions just may dissolve, or end up taking the back seat to another upcoming promotional company...or worse, end up becoming another promotional company with a fighter's name on it. It's bad enough that they dont have a license to promote, but to lose a bunch of fighters add insult to injury.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jun 22 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

Congratulations to Gamboa for leaving a situation he wasnt confortable in. Good for him for doing that. More boxers need to stand up for themselves and have a say in there careers. Just hopefully now he will get somewhere where he can make a real name for himself. But please dont put Al Hayman as your manager. I am sick and tired of seeing Haymans lacky Sam Watson and his stupid ass sons in the backround trying to get camera time. That really bugs, dumb idiots.

By the way, just think about this. Arum got Gamboa a shot Bam Bam Rios. A fighter that commanded attention, reguardless if you like him or not. That was a fight that I thought Gamboa had a very very good chance of winning. Now seeing how Rios really lost that fight and how weak he is at lighweight, just imagine if Gamboa ended up fighting him and winning that fght. Which he would have. Gamboa would be huge and in a position he always wanted to be in right now and looking to make the kind of money that he thinks he derserves. I thought he got bad advise for not taking the fight, but to each his own. Because being that he is Cuban he really dont have a following over here in the states.

Hopefully he gets with someone that gets him the big fights and the fights that matter, because IMO being that he is a foreign born and dont speak english he cant have anymore soft touche if he wants to draw in the american crowds. He needs to fight other killers and fights the will be big. He cant do the Andre Berto way of fighting softies or the Floyd way so to speak. He needs the Rios' or the Broner's or the Donaire's of the boxing world from here on out if he wants to make good money because otherswise nobody will care about his fights besides the very few diehards.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Jun 22 2012, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 22 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Regardless of the promoter, showcasing Gamboa in a fight, ANYWHERE but the greater MIA area (Seminole, Hollywood, etc.), would be criminal.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 22 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2012, 10:57 AM) *
Haymon is a manager, so Yuri still needs a high profile promoter. Im not sure if you meant that he'll be under Mayweather promotions with Haymon as his manager. Anyhow, Im not sure Vargas made Floyd all that much money anyway, but he is Mexcian, so it's still a bit of a loss on Floyd's part.

Yuri, on the other hand, is Cuban. That has A LOT to do with why Bob didn't try to stick it to him when he wanted out of his contract. If you think about it, Cuban fighters (Lara, Rigondeaux, Gamboa) are great fighters, but there isn't a huge market here for them.

That was the main reason Arum kept the Gamoba/Lopez fight from happening, because Lopez had a HUGE fan base in PR, but didn't sell many tickets here in the U.S. Gamboa on the other hand, had no fan base here in the U.S., and Arum would dare hold a fight in Cuba...nobody in their right mind would. Lol

With all of this said, it looks to be yet another win for Arum. Gamboa can look as good as he wants in the ring, but nobody (other than the boxing community) has been making a big fuss about him. Arum has ANOTHER Mexican under his belt, that he can make a star one day...and we ALL know that it's easier for a Mexican fighter be star, rather than a Cuban fighter.

If Floyd and Ellerbe don't make big moves fast, then you're right, Mayweather Promotions just may dissolve, or end up taking the back seat to another upcoming promotional company...or worse, end up becoming another promotional company with a fighter's name on it. It's bad enough that they dont have a license to promote, but to lose a bunch of fighters add insult to injury.

I think he'll work under Haymon as his manager but not under Mayweather Promotions. Sorry for the way I phrased that.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 22 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 22 2012, 01:33 AM) *
I definitely agree with that, he needs to get a fight fast on a good network and showcase what top rank just lost.. and now he has a chance to get more lucrative deals and maybe fights as well.

Indeed he does, he's a talented fighter who is letting a considerable amount of time go by without being in the ring. He needs to get in the ring and refresh the boxing community's minds on why he's been touted as a good fighter.

I also can't wait to see who he signs with because I was just looking on twitter and the guys from max boxing says 50 cent was somehow involved in all this. Tr is definitely getting some kind of financial windfall as well according to them. If Mayweather signs him that would be a good look for him. Dirrell is another guy whose being rumored to sign with Mayweather. Looks like Floyd might be signing inactivity all the way around lol. I hope he does sign both of them and put them in the ring ASAP, I like both fighters and want to see them take that next step in their careers

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jun 22 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 12:55 PM) *
Congratulations to Gamboa for leaving a situation he wasnt confortable in. Good for him for doing that. More boxers need to stand up for themselves and have a say in there careers. Just hopefully now he will get somewhere where he can make a real name for himself. But please dont put Al Hayman as your manager. I am sick and tired of seeing Haymans lacky Sam Watson and his stupid ass sons in the backround trying to get camera time. That really bugs, dumb idiots.

By the way, just think about this. Arum got Gamboa a shot Bam Bam Rios. A fighter that commanded attention, reguardless if you like him or not. That was a fight that I thought Gamboa had a very very good chance of winning. Now seeing how Rios really lost that fight and how weak he is at lighweight, just imagine if Gamboa ended up fighting him and winning that fght. Which he would have. Gamboa would be huge and in a position he always wanted to be in right now and looking to make the kind of money that he thinks he derserves. I thought he got bad advise for not taking the fight, but to each his own. Because being that he is Cuban he really dont have a following over here in the states.

Hopefully he gets with someone that gets him the big fights and the fights that matter, because IMO being that he is a foreign born and dont speak english he cant have anymore soft touche if he wants to draw in the american crowds. He needs to fight other killers and fights the will be big. He cant do the Andre Berto way of fighting softies or the Floyd way so to speak. He needs the Rios' or the Broner's or the Donaire's of the boxing world from here on out if he wants to make good money because otherswise nobody will care about his fights besides the very few diehards.

The way I see it, if Gamboa had defeated Rios and made it big as a result, then Bob Arum would have never let him go subsequently and in peace anyways. So either way, Gamboa was screwed as a puppet with Bob, as Gamboa wouldn't necessarily be making a shitload of money under Bob. This is because, as far as one can see in recent memory, Arum only makes real money with, and for, Mexican fighters (you implied that much as well,) not counting Pacquiao, that is. Otherwise, how could a sane promoter defiantly go ahead to make so much insane money on and for Margarito after the loaded gloves scandal? For me, it was one of the reasons I've never watched Pacquiao-Margarito.

I think Gamboa, at this stage in his career, is better off fighting for/under GBP. Who knows... may be that was the scenario or bombshell Oscar promised to disclose a couple of months ago, only for him to subsequently develop cold feet?

P34c3

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:11 PM