IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are Showtime Announcers copying HBO's??, All over Canelo's coattail but Austin got nada!!
mgrover
post Apr 22 2013, 04:31 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

It wasn't as bad they started to call things in favor of Trout at times like when he was walking him down, but if Canelo even farted they'd forget Trout was there and praise his amazing head movement and his power. Yet Trout clearly had the better Ring Generalship all night long with his head movement and footwork. It seems people on score those things when Canelo does them
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 22 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 22 2013, 04:31 AM) *
It wasn't as bad they started to call things in favor of Trout at times like when he was walking him down, but if Canelo even farted they'd forget Trout was there and praise his amazing head movement and his power. Yet Trout clearly had the better Ring Generalship all night long with his head movement and footwork. It seems people on score those things when Canelo does them

Yea, I don't think they showed one trout replay the whole telecast. Trout would land 15 punches and canelo would throw 5-6 land a jab and they would show like three different slow mo angles of it. Shit was pretty ridiculous

That commentary was worse than the Bradley pac fight

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 22 2013, 08:00 AM

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 22 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

It was bad.. but not on HBO's level.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 22 2013, 08:50 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 22 2013, 02:46 PM) *
It was bad.. but not on HBO's level.

yet...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 22 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I didn't find it biased at all. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. I actually thought they did a good job. Paulie ripped the judges for their lopsided score cards. They had the fight near even for most of the bout. I mean let's be frank here...Canelo is the star and he was winning the fight. That being said, I didn't think they did Trout any sort of injustice. It was a close fight that Canelo won but Trout certainly made a good account for himself. I thought the commentary depicted that. As far as the replays and stuff...yea. I did see a bias. Pst fight, they didn't show hardly any of Trouts moments.

Overall though, I was satisfied. I thought Paulie especially did an excellent job. When Trout was stealing rounds with activity, despite Canelo having the flashier lands, he called it Trout rounds. If it were HBO, they probably would have sided with Christodolou's card.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 21 2013, 07:25 PM) *
We all know how bad of a job Jim Lampley and his crew would gulf the b@ll$ of their house fighters but it appeared to me last night that Showtime's crew was had b@ll$ in their jaws from Alvarez. Trout landed punch after punch and though it had little pop on them he still landed but nothing was mentioned when he landed.

Was the Showtime Crew teabagging Canelo and being totally unfair to Trout??

Is there something we (the boxing public) can do to shine some light on this unfairness (if it indeed exists or just a figment of my imagination)?

DISCUSS!!

yes. the wwe/mma dude is the new jim lampley. they need to get rid of him now!!! chime in on their facebook page. that's what i do.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2013, 11:44 PM) *
Trust me, they didn't do 1/8 as bad as HBO. Let's be real here, this fight could've been on HBO, TNT, TBS, CNN, NBC, QVS, Oxygen, Nick Jr, whatever...the announcer's table would've been as bad you guys are describing it. Showtime wasn't all that bad, Trout just didn't give them too many reasons to speak up.

We have to keep in mind that fans/boxing world are clamoring for a Mayweather/Canelo fight within the next year, so of course they're gonna put extra mustard on everything that he does.

For christ's sake, they sang the fuckin' national anthems last night on a non-ppv card...when was the last time we've seen that done??? Hell, they sang the Mexican National Anthem for Canelo before the Mosley fight on the Mayweather/Cotto undercard...again, when was the last time we saw that?

They're pushing this kid...HARD. They did the same for Khan...having a fight in Washington D.C. against a "slick black fighter"...setting the stage for a Mayweather fight in the near future. They tried with Victor Ortiz, with keeping his fights on the West Coast and having him shadow Oscar like a lost kid in the mall.

Canelo is the only one who's passed the test thus far. Of course the networks are gonna pump him up. Again, I didn't see the Showtime team being anywhere as bad as the HBO team. Those dudes are blatant nuthuggers, and could give a flying flock of rat shit about what we thought..because they "thought" they has the "megafight" in the bag...until it fell through for good. HBO seems to be coming to their little dense senses nowadays, right? Lol

did he past the test? i had him losing. texas, the wbc and showtime were all pathetic saturday.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 22 2013, 01:40 AM) *
It was worse than Hbo. I did not expect that at all

showtime has been great these last few years so to see them go that route was sickening to me. no one is immune i guess? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Man I'm still pissed about the way Antonio Tarver went out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 22 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 02:34 PM) *
showtime has been great these last few years so to see them go that route was sickening to me. no one is immune i guess? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

They were, ever since the rigo fight it seems like they switched roles.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:52 AM