> Rigondeau's skill and ring intelligence is on par with Mayweather's
Dolimite
post Apr 17 2013, 06:07 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 04:05 PM) *
i just keep going back to his comments about rigondeaux "not being worthy"....and "what has he done? blah,blah,blah..." donaire talked so much shit and got took to school by a dude with 11 fights. he's still talking out of his ass. maybe the rematch is in order? if donaire takes the poor advice of robert garcia and tries to pressure rigondeaux....and throw more punches....he's going to get ktfo'd in the rematch.

I meant to say I will not discredit Rigondeaux's perfromance. My bad,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 17 2013, 08:07 AM
Post #52

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 16 2013, 09:38 PM) *
Has Mayweather fought a better quality opponent than Donaire? I.e. a p4p fighter in their prime that is bigger than him. Corrales is not as good as Donaire imo. Is JL Castillo as good as Donaire? Also, how easy does Rigondeaux beat Pacquiao at 122? Donaire is clearly better in the skill department than Pacquiao.

Genaro Hernandez

QUOTE (dre98 @ Apr 16 2013, 11:08 PM) *
Guerrero dad imitation of floyd and roger:

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-guerreros...-routine--64496

lol and you know who else tried to mock him and then got schooled.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Apr 17 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #53

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 17 2013, 09:07 AM) *
Genaro Hernandez

lol and you know who else tried to mock him and then got schooled.

I was thinking Genaro as well...zab judah has good skills as well...just fades...Mosley has the skills but then again i take dat back because he is more of a brawler

yea ricky hatton.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 16 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Has Mayweather fought a better quality opponent than Donaire? I.e. a p4p fighter in their prime that is bigger than him. Corrales is not as good as Donaire imo. Is JL Castillo as good as Donaire? Also, how easy does Rigondeaux beat Pacquiao at 122? Donaire is clearly better in the skill department than Pacquiao.

i haven't said it yet....but i get where u are going with this, and i agree....rigondeaux's win over donaire pretty much trumps floyd and ward's best wins.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (dre98 @ Apr 17 2013, 02:52 PM) *
I was thinking Genaro as well...zab judah has good skills as well...just fades...Mosley has the skills but then again i take dat back because he is more of a brawler

yea ricky hatton.

genaro (rip) zab and hatton were never as highly regarded as donaire. i don't think any of them ever won fighter of the year or were that high up on the pound for pound rankings.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

deleted.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 17 2013, 02:04 PM

+Quote Post
Aware
post Apr 17 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #57

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

So we have established that Mayweather has never fought someone as good as Donaire. Now again tell me why Rigondeaux is not on Mayweather's level. I am not saying he is better, just on his level.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Apr 17 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #58

Super Flyweight

Click that to see it. It's the best I can do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
(IMG:http://i.minus.com/jTffv2dx6xkrS.jpg)

This post has been edited by Aware: Apr 17 2013, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #59

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2013, 02:03 PM) *
genaro (rip) zab and hatton were never as highly regarded as donaire. i don't think any of them ever won fighter of the year or were that high up on the pound for pound rankings.

I think Zab was more skilled then Donaire back in his day, if he could've won at least 1 of the perceived "BIG" fights this wouldn't be a conversation. I see what you and dude are saying but Donaire is more highly regarded as you said then skilled to me, and that's saying alot because Donaire is a higlhly skilled figher hell I rate Shane above Donaire skill wise..part of the reason Donaire won fight of the year was because the media fell in love with his yr round drug testing....and I can;t agree with Rigo trumping either of the best W's for Ward or Mayweather..skill wise Dawson is a beast, he's just a mental midget.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Apr 17 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #60

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 04:30 PM) *
I think Zab was more skilled then Donaire back in his day, if he could've won at least 1 of the perceived "BIG" fights this wouldn't be a conversation. I see what you and dude are saying but Donaire is more highly regarded as you said then skilled to me, and that's saying alot because Donaire is a higlhly skilled figher hell I rate Shane above Donaire skill wise..part of the reason Donaire won fight of the year was because the media fell in love with his yr round drug testing....and I can;t agree with Rigo trumping either of the best W's for Ward or Mayweather..skill wise Dawson is a beast, he's just a mental midget.

Dawson was obviously severely weight drained against Ward. No way Ward is able to TKO Dawson at his comfortable weight. I think it would have been an even fight at 175. Skillwise Judah is defintely better than Donaire, but Donaire is certainly the better fighter. Mosley is greater than Donaire so far, but Shane Mosley was past his prime when he fought Mayweather.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:14 AM