IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@6:45 PT/9:45 (ET)-World Championship TRIPLEHEADER! (SPOILERS!), Update: Link to Master Scoresheet- Martinez-Burgos (Page 8)
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #81

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Did anybody get a Rios/Abril flashback??? I know I felt it by the 11th round, when Burgos just couldn't seem to floor Martinez with that right hand that he'd been trying all night.

Thanks Professor for going back to read and respond to our posts...a dedicated warrior you are sir. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) (seriously though)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 22 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #82

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 12:21 PM) *
Did anybody get a Rios/Abril flashback??? I know I felt it by the 11th round, when Burgos just couldn't seem to floor Martinez with that right hand that he'd been trying all night.

Thanks Professor for going back to read and respond to our posts...a dedicated warrior you are sir. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) (seriously though)

Yes,

But this was a closer fight than Rios Abril. I don't see how anyone could give Rios more than three rounds in that fight. You could give Martinez up to five rounds against Burgos and still have a decent scorecard.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #83

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 22 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Yes,

But this was a closer fight than Rios Abril. I don't see how anyone could give Rios more than three rounds in that fight. You could give Martinez up to five rounds against Burgos and still have a decent scorecard.

Jack

I have to go back and watch it again. I just saw Martinez reaching and lunging, while landing minimum leather. Those body shots were deadly, but as Professor pointed out, some of them were blocked.

I just saw the way that the fight was closing, along with the fact that Burgos isn't a marketable fighter...and I knew what the deal was going to be. Martinez got beat, but he didnt get beat up...same happened in the Rios/Abril fight. If you see Burogs's face and Martinez's face, you'd think that Martinez won the fight. Lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 22 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #84

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 01:34 PM) *
I have to go back and watch it again. I just saw Martinez reaching and lunging, while landing minimum leather. Those body shots were deadly, but as Professor pointed out, some of them were blocked.

I just saw the way that the fight was closing, along with the fact that Burgos isn't a marketable fighter...and I knew what the deal was going to be. Martinez got beat, but he didnt get beat up...same happened in the Rios/Abril fight. If you see Burogs's face and Martinez's face, you'd think that Martinez won the fight. Lol

One writer knew that Burgos was gonna get fucked on the scoring. "No way a Puerto Rician fighter loses in MSG, unless the opponent launches his head into orbit." There is a huge Rican fan base in New York, and the judge that voted 116-112 for Martinez might have a positive bias to favor him.

Jack

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jan 22 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #85

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

Yeah i too was a bit bothered by the stoppage of garcia salido. seems they did take the easy way out. lots of ppl fight with broken noses. froch's nose is permanently broke lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 22 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #86

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 02:21 PM) *

i didn't watch this card at home and didn't have access to a computer to chime in live...but i was interested to hear what everyone had to say. thank u!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 22 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #87

The Consultant

QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 22 2013, 02:45 PM) *
Yeah i too was a bit bothered by the stoppage of garcia salido. seems they did take the easy way out. lots of ppl fight with broken noses. froch's nose is permanently broke lol

I think the breathing issue was more of a concern than the broken nose. However, watching at at first, I was like WTF? Garcia is so far ahead and is he quitting with a broken nose? Than, when they explained the breathing issue, it made the stoppage a bit more understandable. I HOPE that Garcia didn't want the stoppage just because of a broken nose. If he did, he's got little balls. However, a nose can break in multiple places. Didn't Delahoya break Genaro Hernandez' nose in 22 places?

Jack

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:10 AM