> CTE In Boxer, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy in Boxers
C.Alarid1
post Aug 17 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,273

Hi everyone!

Many of you might not know me because I hardly post anything on here. However, I check this website numerous times a day as I am OBSESSED WITH BOXING and I think this is the most accurate and most quickly updated boxing website! Anyway, currently I am a doctoral student getting my doctorate degree in Neuropsychology. I am doing my emphasis on retired professional boxers. My study is on Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy in boxers. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, it is a mental disorder caused in an individual due to repetitive blows to the head. Symptoms of this are mood instability, depression, gait ataxia, speech impediment, etc... This study will take me 3 more years to complete, as right now I am gathering information and running in by my advisor, who is the psychology for a professional football team and baseball team (can't say which teams though). Anyway, through word of mouth, I have been able to get in contact with the ringside physician for professional boxing fights and I am so stoked because he agreed to help me through this study.

Basically, I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys and let you guys know that I am trying to do this study for the safety of professional boxers and present it to every major state's boxing commission. I pretty much have my foot in the door now. Wish me luck you guys. If you guys are interested, I'll keep you posted on how this is all going throughout the years.

BOXING #1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Aug 18 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

That sounds interesting and could benefit in the long run. I don't have a problem reading updates on your study as it relates to the sport of boxing. I come on here a lot so I will be reading about the progress and information you come up with on this topic.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Aug 18 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (C.Alarid1 @ Aug 18 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Hi everyone!

Many of you might not know me because I hardly post anything on here. However, I check this website numerous times a day as I am OBSESSED WITH BOXING and I think this is the most accurate and most quickly updated boxing website! Anyway, currently I am a doctoral student getting my doctorate degree in Neuropsychology. I am doing my emphasis on retired professional boxers. My study is on Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy in boxers. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, it is a mental disorder caused in an individual due to repetitive blows to the head. Symptoms of this are mood instability, depression, gait ataxia, speech impediment, etc... This study will take me 3 more years to complete, as right now I am gathering information and running in by my advisor, who is the psychology for a professional football team and baseball team (can't say which teams though). Anyway, through word of mouth, I have been able to get in contact with the ringside physician for professional boxing fights and I am so stoked because he agreed to help me through this study.

Basically, I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys and let you guys know that I am trying to do this study for the safety of professional boxers and present it to every major state's boxing commission. I pretty much have my foot in the door now. Wish me luck you guys. If you guys are interested, I'll keep you posted on how this is all going throughout the years.

BOXING #1

Nice one! Best of luck and I'll definitely follow your progress.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 02:32 AM