IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:30P (ET), 9:30P(CT), 7:30P (PT): Dawson vs. Pascal (SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later), No Duplicate Threads or New Spoiler Topics
The Original MrF...
post Aug 15 2010, 02:15 AM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

People dont seem to realize it, but thats the way Dawson fights. Everytime I've seen him, he fights the exact same way. He does his rendition of boxing for most of the rounds. Most of us call it slowly stalking while throwing an occasional measuring jab and not throwing meaningful combos. He gets hurt late in every fight. He comes back. This time the cut shut his ass down. I'm almost afrais to say that if he puts in work early he'll be too gassed by the end.

He could easily be Jermaine Taylor. Where's Kelly Pavlik, Carl Froch and Arthur Abraham?? When Chad faces a real puncher, he will not get the opportunity to recover after being hurt. Chad has all the physical tools and athleticism to be good. I question his drive, motivation and desire. He fights in such an unaggressive style that it makes me puke. He's an unaggressive fighter. What an oxymoron. Dude may need a new trainer. Eddie didnt seem to echo the same sense of urgency that I thought was necessary from round 4 on. Chad was giving rounds away and they were in the other guys home stadium. All bad signs when it comes to a decision.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tymoney
post Aug 15 2010, 04:44 AM
Post #42

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,661

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 15 2010, 03:15 AM) *
People dont seem to realize it, but thats the way Dawson fights. Everytime I've seen him, he fights the exact same way. He does his rendition of boxing for most of the rounds. Most of us call it slowly stalking while throwing an occasional measuring jab and not throwing meaningful combos. He gets hurt late in every fight. He comes back. This time the cut shut his ass down. I'm almost afrais to say that if he puts in work early he'll be too gassed by the end.

He could easily be Jermaine Taylor. Where's Kelly Pavlik, Carl Froch and Arthur Abraham?? When Chad faces a real puncher, he will not get the opportunity to recover after being hurt. Chad has all the physical tools and athleticism to be good. I question his drive, motivation and desire. He fights in such an unaggressive style that it makes me puke. He's an unaggressive fighter. What an oxymoron. Dude may need a new trainer. Eddie didnt seem to echo the same sense of urgency that I thought was necessary from round 4 on. Chad was giving rounds away and they were in the other guys home stadium. All bad signs when it comes to a decision.

That pretty much explains it

+Quote Post
tymoney
post Aug 15 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #43

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,661

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 02:04 AM) *
So Adamek was a mediocre fighter @ 175? It's so obvious, fuck. I guess I live in my own world. And for the record he never said he was winning.

Dude did you lose money on this fight or what? Lol.. Adamek is decent.. nothing more nothing less. And he didnt have to say he thought he won. If he cant take the L like a man when its clear to everyone that he got his ass whooped.. then thats a bitch move, period.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 15 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #44

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (tymoney @ Aug 15 2010, 05:50 AM) *
Dude did you lose money on this fight or what? Lol.. Adamek is decent.. nothing more nothing less.

Yup, pretty much.

Well, you obviously don't grasp the nature of human beings. Everybody has off nights even the best of the best can lose to lesser opponents. Happened to Joe Louis in his prime, it happened to Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson (P4P greatest), etc. Checkmate!

I have no problem with it happening to Ray Robinson. Losing isnt necessarily the point. Additionally, and much more important, look how many fights Ray Robinson has, and look how many times a year he fought. Get the fuck out of my face with the comparison. Chad fought 2 times in 2009. Pascal fought 4.

Dont come in here with your half-assed arguments and ending them w the self proclaimed "checkmate" as if declaring yourself the winner after such a half-assed effort/baseless argument. That's such a " Williams/Quintana 1" effort.

Chad Dawson is WAY over-hyped...and has been. He's got decent enough skills, and he's athletic, but he is NOT the total package.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 15 2010, 07:22 AM
Post #45

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 02:04 AM) *
So Adamek was a mediocre fighter @ 175? It's so obvious, fuck. I guess I live in my own world. And for the record he never said he was winning.

It would seem you are in your own world if you can't see what most of us are saying over & over! We get it though, you are a stylist guy that likes them pretty! Most of admit the guy has talent and is good but he won't work, he don't have killer instinct & don't have the desire, even if he kills Pascal in the rematch, this will happen again to him if he doesn't change what is in his heart!!!!! I had it 7-4 @ the time of the stoppage!

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Aug 15 2010, 08:45 AM
Post #46

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

I was big on Dawson and still am but last night he looked VERY bitchmade.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 15 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #47

Amateur

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Aug 15 2010, 09:45 AM) *
I was big on Dawson and still am but last night he looked VERY bitchmade.

He has the talent & is a likable guy even if I didn't like what he said in the post fight interview! I didn't see any other head butts but maybe I need to watch it again! I can see Dawson kicking ass in the rematch but again, if he doesn't keep that hunger, what happened last night will happen again IMO! He is far from a PWill type guy, PWill goes for it & will eat punches to do it! Dawson is just too lax & it cost him & will again!

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 15 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #48

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

Checkmate? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL...is the thought of someone having a differing view on the same fighter that disconcerting that you must proclaim victory for yourself in an imaginary competition?

Dawson lost, and some of the flaws that a handful of people saw were highlighted...he has a chance to get better from this, if he doesn't, then he is just not anything to get all that excited about. But this "checkmate" shit is hilarious.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 15 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #49

Amateur

QUOTE (JD @ Aug 15 2010, 10:04 AM) *
Checkmate? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL...is the thought of someone having a differing view on the same fighter that disconcerting that you must proclaim victory for yourself in an imaginary competition?

Dawson lost, and some of the flaws that a handful of people saw were highlighted...he has a chance to get better from this, if he doesn't, then he is just not anything to get all that excited about. But this "checkmate" shit is hilarious.

What JD, you ain't ready to knock over your queen & give up after a checkmate like that?!?!?1 GEEZ! LMFAO

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 15 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #50

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 15 2010, 10:08 AM) *
What JD, you ain't ready to knock over your queen & give up after a checkmate like that?!?!?1 GEEZ! LMFAO

I mean...it wasn't directed at me, but shit like that is always so damn funny to me.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:22 PM