IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Has Been the Crappiest Fight in 2011?, On-going poll for the year...
The Crappiest Fight Thus Far...
Choose the worst bout (from officiating/endings/etc.)
Agbeko vs Mares [ 2 ] ** [6.45%]
Khan vs Judah [ 1 ] ** [3.23%]
Alexander vs Bradley [ 4 ] ** [12.90%]
Klitschko vs Haye [ 6 ] ** [19.35%]
Mayweather vs Ortiz [ 1 ] ** [3.23%]
Dawson vs Hopkins [ 17 ] ** [54.84%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
Allmenjoi8
post Oct 18 2011, 09:43 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

Who had the worse fight and why? My vote goes to Agbeko vs. Mares. That match was awful to watch, the ref and the cheap shots by Mares I had to turn.

This post has been edited by cshel86: Oct 18 2011, 10:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 18 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 10:43 AM) *
Who had the worse fight and why? My vote goes to Agbeko vs. Mares. That match was awful to watch, the ref and the cheap shots by Mares I had to turn.

I have to agree. The officiating in that match was horrid. It looked like Russell Mora had orders from GBP to make sure that Abner Mares became GBP's 1st homegrown world champion.

+Quote Post
Vaughn831
post Oct 18 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #3

Amateur

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,286

I have to say Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson.........at least the other fights you got to see somethin I completely wasted my money on that fight $50 bucks down the toilet Mayweather Vs Ortiz I wanted to see more also even tho I know Mayweather would have dominated

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I hate that I cant vote twice, but its a toss-up for me, between Khan/Judah and Alexander/Bradley. I definitely give the edge to Alexander/Bradley, because it was the first fight of the year, with two undefeated fighters...and yet, the promotion managed to go to shit and the venue choice was horrendous. Not to mention the circus that took place in the ring.

I wasn't a Bradley by far and this was the fight that was supposed to take him over the top, and Devon was already walking on egg shells after the Kotelnik fight, so this was his second chance to make a first impression...but yet, both guys managed to pull a game-blower (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Oct 18 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 11:19 AM) *
I hate that I cant vote twice, but its a toss-up for me, between Khan/Judah and Alexander/Bradley. I definitely give the edge to Alexander/Bradley, because it was the first fight of the year, with two undefeated fighters...and yet, the promotion managed to go to shit and the venue choice was horrendous. Not to mention the circus that took place in the ring.

I wasn't a Bradley by far and this was the fight that was supposed to take him over the top, and Devon was already walking on egg shells after the Kotelnik fight, so this was his second chance to make a first impression...but yet, both guys managed to pull a game-blower (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

I completely forgot about Khan vs. Judah and Alexander vs. Bradley!!! Two awful fights. At least you did not have to pay for them. I totally forgot about those fights. It was like watching paint dry or the Senior PGA tournament. Awful!!! Good post, first time for everything.

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Oct 18 2011, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Oct 18 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

As far as Alexander-Bradley goes, yes it was pitiful compared to the expectations we had, but then again, they fought the fight that they thought would be the most effective to get the win, so I can't really vote for that as the crappiest fight, though I agree that it wasn't the prettiest either.

Khan-Judah was simply a domination which ended with one guy quitting. Not really Khan's fault as he showed that he was the better man.

Klitshcko-Haye is in the same boat as Bradley-Alexander. Both guys fought in their usual style to try and get the win. In this case Haye gets most of the blame because it was up to him to change tactics and to try and press the action, but I enjoyed seeing the fight, because my expectations weren't that high to begin with. It was a good tactical contest.

Agbeko-Mares was a good fight in spots, but it was really screwed up by the ref. When a boxer has to fight two guys in the ring, it really is a crappy fight.

Ortiz-Mayweather was going to be a crappy fight in terms of one sidedness, so the controversial ending actually made it better, though it would have been better if it would have happened later on in the fight.

Dawosn-Hopkins was a truly crappy fight, since we didn't see anything. Things were just about to get heated up and then the flame was snuffed out by a shitty ending. This one would have to be my pick.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Agbeko/Mares was great as far as action during the fight, but yes, nobody even holds a candle to Russell Mora this year if we wanna talk about bad officiating. I agree with Vaughn on the waste of money...though I gotcha beat by $10 because mine was $60. The only thing that saved face for me, was the great undercards on Hopkins/Dawson. C'mon Allmenjoi...how could you forget Alexander/Bradley? That was the fight that started all of the madness this year...and Khan/Judah was very forgettable but still makes me cringe, lol.

Im glad MMM decided to break down all of the nominees! Im hoping that JMM/Pac or Cotto/Margarito II wont ever see this list...simply because we have to pay for those fights. Still a few left before the year over though...Donaire fights this weekend (finally), then we have Kirkland/Angulo, Alvarez/Cintron, Khan/Peterson, and a couple more, I believe.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Oct 18 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 01:37 PM) *
Agbeko/Mares was great as far as action during the fight, but yes, nobody even holds a candle to Russell Mora this year if we wanna talk about bad officiating. I agree with Vaughn on the waste of money...though I gotcha beat by $10 because mine was $60. The only thing that saved face for me, was the great undercards on Hopkins/Dawson. C'mon Allmenjoi...how could you forget Alexander/Bradley? That was the fight that started all of the madness this year...and Khan/Judah was very forgettable but still makes me cringe, lol.

Im glad MMM decided to break down all of the nominees! Im hoping that JMM/Pac or Cotto/Margarito II wont ever see this list...simply because we have to pay for those fights. Still a few left before the year over though...Donaire fights this weekend (finally), then we have Kirkland/Angulo, Alvarez/Cintron, Khan/Peterson, and a couple more, I believe.

Alexander/Bradley reminds of my first driving test... just started off bad Shaft. First I damn near hit someone and I forgot to drive with both hands on the wheel. It was doomed from the start like that fight. Alexander/Bradley was the worse.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 18 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

khan-judah/hopkins-dawson is a tie for me.
atleast the klit fight went the distance. at least agbeko kept goin til the bell. same for alexander and bradley. the ortiz mayweather fight at least had 4 rds of pretty tense action with a fuckin stellar ending (my opinion, i know the sucker punch ending pissed alotta people off but i thought it was golden)

judah seized up and went deaf during the 10 count. and any fight that ends via tko in the 2nd rd when neither fighter landed one significant punch is a serious bummer - especially when it seemed like it was going to be a competitive fight.

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Oct 18 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #10

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

Klitschko vs Haye.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:48 AM