IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV-Bradley-Pacquiao II@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, No Public Streams (BETA CHAT WITHIN) (Post 1)
KOpower
post Apr 18 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #131

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

Bradley was always a really good fighter. I never thought he was on a superstar level because I thought Pac handled him fairly easily in the first fight but I thought he was the 3rd best fighter in the world in the 140-147 range. I still think he is the 3rd best. I think Bradley beats Garcia, Maidana, Broner, Khan, etc. He just isn't on Manny or Floyd's level. Those are the 2 best fighters in the world in the 140-147 pound class and 2 of the 3 best fighters in the world P4P. Manny and Floyd are just on another level.

I think Manny did exactly what some people on this board were critical of...he beat an elite 147 pound fighter coming off of 2 big wins (Prov and JMM) with no catch-weight. I never bought into the catch-weight being a big factor in his fights but his last 2 wins over Rios and Bradley go a long way in validating that point.

Manny is more measured now as a fighter...but I don't know if that makes him better or worse. I don't think it makes him better, but it is also unlikely that he runs himself into what he ran himself into during the end of Round 6 in the JMM fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #132

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2014, 08:46 AM) *
I guess fans boycotted the wrong fight! Exactly what he gets

It definitely is looking like a flop right now

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #133

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2014, 09:39 AM) *
Bradley was always a really good fighter. I never thought he was on a superstar level because I thought Pac handled him fairly easily in the first fight but I thought he was the 3rd best fighter in the world in the 140-147 range. I still think he is the 3rd best. I think Bradley beats Garcia, Maidana, Broner, Khan, etc. He just isn't on Manny or Floyd's level. Those are the 2 best fighters in the world in the 140-147 pound class and 2 of the 3 best fighters in the world P4P. Manny and Floyd are just on another level.

I think Manny did exactly what some people on this board were critical of...he beat an elite 147 pound fighter coming off of 2 big wins (Prov and JMM) with no catch-weight. I never bought into the catch-weight being a big factor in his fights but his last 2 wins over Rios and Bradley go a long way in validating that point.

Manny is more measured now as a fighter...but I don't know if that makes him better or worse. I don't think it makes him better, but it is also unlikely that he runs himself into what he ran himself into during the end of Round 6 in the JMM fight.

So now Bradley is a legitimate fighter, talking points.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #134

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2014, 09:57 AM) *
It definitely is looking like a flop right now

Chi, tell me you saw that documentary about Detroit's Bad Boys! I lov Isaiah! Funny no one got on Rodman's ass for his Larry Bird comment but crucified Issiah for backing his teammate.

I think Pac is officially on the decline list. The undercard sucked and the main event was average. At least with May and Maidana, we might get a KO

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 18 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #135

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

No way Bradly gets past Maidana.

Maidana beats everyone on the Pac/Bradley 2 fight card. That power is too real, I don't know if Bradley got the power to stop Maidana either if even Broner couldn't. and compared to other fighters Maidana would actually be able to cut the ring off to Bradley aint going no where. As soon as he trades with Maidana he would lose.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #136

Lightweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2014, 01:40 PM) *
So now Bradley is a legitimate fighter, talking points.

There is no "now" talk. What else did you need from Bradley prior to the fight with Pac? He beat Alexander, Peterson, Prov, and JMM. Those are 4 quality wins. His only loss (losses) were to Pac.

Let me turn this around...are you really going to say that Bradley isn't a legitimate fighter? Are you really going to say that Bradley isn't elite in the 140-147 class? REALLY? All to discredit Pac and make him seem "less than the hype"? Is it that hard to admit that Manny is a truly elite fighter and one of his era?

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2014, 01:21 PM
Post #137

Lightweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 18 2014, 02:05 PM) *

Maidana beats everyone on the Pac/Bradley 2 fight card. That power is too real, I don't know if Bradley got the power to stop Maidana either if even Broner couldn't. and compared to other fighters Maidana would actually be able to cut the ring off to Bradley aint going no where. As soon as he trades with Maidana he would lose.

I seriously doubt that. Bradley beats Maidana the same way Alexander did. Maidana had a full 12 rounds with Amir Khan and couldn't even knock him down once. I don't see him knocking down Bradley and I think Bradley frustrates him the same way Alexander did.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #138

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2014, 10:19 AM) *
There is no "now" talk. What else did you need from Bradley prior to the fight with Pac? He beat Alexander, Peterson, Prov, and JMM. Those are 4 quality wins. His only loss (losses) were to Pac.

Let me turn this around...are you really going to say that Bradley isn't a legitimate fighter? Are you really going to say that Bradley isn't elite in the 140-147 class? REALLY? All to discredit Pac and make him seem "less than the hype"? Is it that hard to admit that Manny is a truly elite fighter and one of his era?

First, no one gave an ounce if credit to Bradley for any of those wins including myself. Many felt that Bradley was 1-2 prior to his rematch with Pac. No one even mentioned elite and Bradley in the same sentence. Including me. I think Tim finds ways to win and he has massive heart. He is dedicated to his craft but he is not elite. No one is saying Pac is not an elite fighter. But what he didn't do was beat an elite fighter in Bradley. What made Pac elite was his style of fighting, apparently he no longer has that punching power or aggressiveness due to whatever.

I believe Lamont and Ruslan could give Bradley fits now. I like Tim but no way was I disillusioned about what kind of fighter he was. I picked him to win last Saturday, because I thought he would outbox Manny.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #139

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 18 2014, 07:05 PM) *

Is this a joke? Hell am not sure if Maidana can even beat a guy like Vargas, Maidana isn't a fan of anyone that isn't there for him to hit.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #140

Lightweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2014, 02:52 PM) *
First, no one gave an ounce if credit to Bradley for any of those wins including myself. Many felt that Bradley was 1-2 prior to his rematch with Pac. No one even mentioned elite and Bradley in the same sentence. Including me. I think Tim finds ways to win and he has massive heart. He is dedicated to his craft but he is not elite. No one is saying Pac is not an elite fighter. But what he didn't do was beat an elite fighter in Bradley. What made Pac elite was his style of fighting, apparently he no longer has that punching power or aggressiveness due to whatever.

I believe Lamont and Ruslan could give Bradley fits now. I like Tim but no way was I disillusioned about what kind of fighter he was. I picked him to win last Saturday, because I thought he would outbox Manny.

Then who are elite fighters in the 140-147 pound divisions? Pac and Floyd but who is 3rd, 4th, and 5th? Please tell me that Maidana, Peterson, Garcia, and Lucas are all better fighters. Bradley had clearly put himself 3rd on that list. And how in the world can you say that you don't give him credit for those wins? That doesn't even make sense and I would like you to explain yourself. Wins over Alexander, Prov, JMM, and Peterson are certainly good wins. How can you say that they aren't?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:32 AM