IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> chad dawson interview..., very on point!!!
daprofessor
post Feb 25 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 24 2012, 09:49 PM) *
There was picture posted after the fight, and the MRI was posted also. With B-Hop...who truly knows though. If B-Hop actually comes to fight, then hopefully Dawson doesn't shit his pants, by way of surprise, and look like Pascal did in the rematch.

Im ready for this free rematch, just to see where both fighters are. As far as these pressers and interviews, this is part 3 of Chad's shit talking/getting it off his chest, but hopefully they make a fight of it. Did I mention that I despise Dawson? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'd like to see the link to that proof.

i like bhop and chad...but i think the criticism dawson has been receiving since the pascal fight is bullshit. he was going to stop pascal and the hometown ref and dr saved his ass.

bhop is one of thee best at picking guys he can beat. he won't beat chad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 25 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 24 2012, 10:49 PM) *
I see chad as a legitimate threat to Bhop..

However I have my own reservations for him:
First, though his shit talking may be good for potential hype, I think he is actually really pissed about his last outting with Bernard. With that said, shit, it may have been another genius mind fuck from Hopkins. If he can get get a young hard headed Dawson to swing for the fences then we might just be looking at another upset. (Even though that's what im wishing for). He's mad, no doubt about it, but it may lead to his demise.
Which leads me to my second point. A younger, stronger, Pascal beat Dawson. Thing is he didn't beat him using his youth or any of that. He took Dawson out of his game plan. Which we ALL have to admit only has a plan A. He doesn't have the ability to make in the ring adjustments and can't deal with great deal of activity. Bernard is a master with taking a fighter to school by slowing the fight to his pace and making it his.

I think Dawson should honestly give Bernard his due, and act like a champion. Not bitching about dumb shit like "oh he wont even look in my eyes".. and blah blah,.. trust me, the last thing Bernard is is scared of this dude ..

Dawson can win, but this fight will be ugly to watch.. thank God its free..

Hopkins by SD...

styles make fights and i believe pascals explosiveness gave chad problems early...but let's not forget...he had pascal out on his feet and was ready to finish him before the ref/dr stopped that fight over the cut. that should have been a brilliant come from behind victory for chad but he was robbed of that opportunity by hometown politricks.

there's truth to what chad is saying. i saw the fear in bhops eyes early in the fight when chad bullied the bully by shoving his forearm into bhops neck. bhop has always had bitch in him and his bullshit prison talk is something he has used to intimidate plenty of guys in the ring. that shit isn't working with chad.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 25 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 25 2012, 09:48 AM) *
people see the side of the coin were hopkins bullshitted an injury to get out of a "tough" fight, i see the otherside of dawson picking him up and dropping him, funny how in the interview hes quick to bring up his record of never been deducted a point this and blah blah blah, an innocent man never needs to explain he lets the video do the talking, but obviously the video isn't in his favour...

he did the right thing in my eyes. the ref wasn't going to help him...it's a tactic that he gets away with all the time. chad put an end to it and bhop went out like a little bitch. i can't see that changing in the next fight. dawson has bhops number. he may be the first person to stop him if bhop decides to man up. there's a reason he has used all these cheating tactics that everyone wants to label as gamesmanship or crafty veteran tricks...i call it cowardice and insecurity because if he was confident in his skills and abilities he wouldn't have to resort to that bullshit.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 25 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 25 2012, 12:50 PM) *
The fundamental difference b/t the two (and generally doesn't lend itself to your hypocrisy theory) is Chad actually tried to finish the fight and had Pascal hurt late (that and Pascal's Bugatti Veyron gas tank was sittin' on "E"). Chad had a pretty good cut, but kinda funny they stop that fight, right there on the spot..IMMEDIATELY after it happens, don't you think? They don't let him finish the round and see if the corner can stop the bleeding.

Again, Chad actually wanted to finish the fight, whereas, BHustler, IMO, was fine w/ being able to make Olive Garden before they closed.

amen. great post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
iKeNjiro
post Feb 25 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #15

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,431

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 26 2012, 02:50 AM) *
The fundamental difference b/t the two (and generally doesn't lend itself to your hypocrisy theory) is Chad actually tried to finish the fight and had Pascal hurt late (that and Pascal's Bugatti Veyron gas tank was sittin' on "E"). Chad had a pretty good cut, but kinda funny they stop that fight, right there on the spot..IMMEDIATELY after it happens, don't you think? They don't let him finish the round and see if the corner can stop the bleeding.

Again, Chad actually wanted to finish the fight, whereas, BHustler, IMO, was fine w/ being able to make Olive Garden before they closed.

Love this man good post

I like Dawson a lot...he's an up front guy and I can tell he's honest when he speaks

That being said I hate the fact that sometimes he just seems lost in fights
He has the skill and power to get people out of there but at times he just stands there in front of a hurt guy putting his right hand jab out there an doing nothing else. I have no clue why he does that, and it pisses me of lol.

Now vs Pascal we all saw when Dawson's trainer said it's time to give me these last two rds, get this guy out of here.
We saw a very brutal combination Dawson come straight at Pascal.

I found it funny how Pascal pointed at the ring doctor and the fight was quickly called lol

Nobody's fault but Dawson's because he had Pascal out on his feet a few times and did nothing but look at him.

Now I was never a fan of Bernard, I can admit he has great ring generalship and knows his stuff...
But the guy is simply a dirty fighter, and has BS his way out of many fights in the past or faked being hurt to buy time....
How is this respected? fighting at 47 is dope as hell, but at what cost?
To be a bitch...lie, cheat and fake people out of their hard earned money.....
Bhop will not show up to fight, and if he does he will try to get out again...making this difficult for Dawson because he might be scared to go to the body in fear of Hopkins faking hurt.....

Watch

Also quick edit; I said a while back on here If Bernard Hopkins beats Chad Dawson like he did Jean Pascal I would be very impressed.

Everyone wants to talk about how Pascal beat Dawson, yet we are all boxing fans and should know that sometimes everyone has a bad outing. Everyone is not Floyd Mayweather Jr. Dawson lost because to me he looked mentally lost. Remember he had a lot of outside personal problems before the Pascal fight. His pops and him split after a fight, problems with his promoter, and team members, he literally moved to Las Vegas to get away and train. That could do a lot to a fighter mentally and it showed in the fight.

Thing is I can bet anyone on here if they fight again Chad wins that fight easily.
Saw how quickly Bernard hopped his ass up and fought Pascal but ducked Dawson for 3+ years? not strange to anyone?
Bhop knows that Pascal is an easier fight then Dawson...

Dawson is going to retire Hopkins....
Hopkins has been again forced into this fight and see's the mental games are not working on Dawson...
Just watch the last fight man...I am tired of typing the same shit over and over watch the last damn fight
You will see Dawson pushing the fight and Hopkins running and doing dirty shit in close...

Done with this topic...lol had to get that off my chest because seriously this is ridicules there is no reason to dislike
Bad Chad
Hopkins is the known cheater here people come on

This post has been edited by iKeNjiro: Feb 25 2012, 09:31 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 26 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2012, 10:22 PM) *
he did the right thing in my eyes. the ref wasn't going to help him...it's a tactic that he gets away with all the time. chad put an end to it and bhop went out like a little bitch. i can't see that changing in the next fight. dawson has bhops number. he may be the first person to stop him if bhop decides to man up. there's a reason he has used all these cheating tactics that everyone wants to label as gamesmanship or crafty veteran tricks...i call it cowardice and insecurity because if he was confident in his skills and abilities he wouldn't have to resort to that bullshit.

no matter what anyone says to me, you cannot justify picking someone up and dropping them in a boxing match, you can bring in all the angles, all the cameras, but he picked him up and dropped him on his ass, plenty of other boxers have been in that position and they still managed to do fine, the veteran tricks, or cheating or whatever, everyone does from mayweather to hopkins (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 26 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #17

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

I'll be at the rematch live in AC, scooped up tickets right when they went on sale noon Thurs. Anyone else going?

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 26 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #18

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

I love how people keep referencing their "last fight" when it was what, 4 minutes long? Like 4 minutes has anything to do with how a 36 minute fight would go.

Hopkins has looked like shit for 4 minutes against lots of his opponents and more often than not he ends up beating them.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 26 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 26 2012, 06:22 PM) *
I love how people keep referencing their "last fight" when it was what, 4 minutes long? Like 4 minutes has anything to do with how a 36 minute fight would go.

Hopkins has looked like shit for 4 minutes against lots of his opponents and more often than not he ends up beating them.

this says it all

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2012, 09:29 AM) *
no matter what anyone says to me, you cannot justify picking someone up and dropping them in a boxing match, you can bring in all the angles, all the cameras, but he picked him up and dropped him on his ass, plenty of other boxers have been in that position and they still managed to do fine, the veteran tricks, or cheating or whatever, everyone does from mayweather to hopkins (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

certain fighters do that shit and get away with it. it's a fight. floyd does it with his forearm to all of his opponents...klit did it to haye....bhop tried to do it to chad. which guy would u rather be? it's a fight. plenty other boxers have been tossed to the canvas and got back up to fight intstead of bitching out and faking injury. if ur going to take it there...be ready for the consequences. i might be alone in this...but i wasn't surprised or mad when tyson bit holyfields ear. the ref did absolutely nothing to stop it or help tyson...he took matters into his own hands. i'd rather be tyson with a piece of holyfields ear in my mouth rather than rahman looking like the elephant man. i don't need to justify it to u. no matter how silly or misguided i think ur opinion may be...ur entitled to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:49 PM