IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Lomachenko try for immediate rematch with Salido?
Col Reb
post Mar 2 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

The fight last night was very frustrating to watch. I felt Loma went about strategy all wrong. While he suffered from poor officiating, he should have fought the early rounds the way he did the late rounds (I know easier said than done). It would have made for a much different fight and I believe success for Vasyl. At this point, I think they have the blueprint for success and should seek an immediate rematch with Salido if they can get one. Sure, it could be at a higher weight, but I see them wanting to avenge the loss.

If they choose not to seek the rematch, where do you think Top Rank should look for his next fight? Should it be another title fight or a complete back to the drawing board type of fight?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 2 2014, 05:28 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

for what? he doesn't possess that trinket any longer, Siri is most likely moving up and he should just rethink his career moves (period) he can bounce back but why so fast, he's not Zou Shitlings age

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 2 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Mar 2 2014, 10:28 PM) *
for what? he doesn't possess that trinket any longer, Siri is most likely moving up and he should just rethink his career moves (period) he can bounce back but why so fast, he's not Zou Shitlings age

Because its a very winnable fight, and revenge is a dish best served via KO

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 2 2014, 06:43 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Not if he wants to procreate. Salido apparently has a fetish for punching penises lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 2 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Let's be honest here. We all didn't like the officiating but why is no one talking about the blunders that Lomanchenko and his team made. The officiating wasn't the downfall of Vasyl. He's inexperienced and he got outgunned by a veteran. Vasyl is a vet now? If they fought again I'd still take Salido

The issues that were displayed last night don't get fixed in a training camp or two. Lomanchenko started off horribly slow, seemed to me he was pacing himself. His corner did NOTHING to protest the low blows, they should've put a rehydration clause on Salido's disrespectful ass, and after they saw the ref wasn't going to do shit about the low blows that's when you tell your fighter to get dirty and respond with your own dirty tricks. No trainer, no credible one would allow their fighter to just get hit with blatant shots like that. You either protest to the ref or tell your fighter to take matters into his own hands.

It was a perfect example of poor preparation on the part of Vasyl and his team. They weren't ready for that fight. Yeah he hurt him in the 12th but that was an 8-4 fight and the judge who scored it for Lomanchenko is the one who deserves the nut shots. I'm so tired of hearing only about the low blows but nobody taking about the mediocrity that occurred with team Lomanchenko...he's going to be champion, he showed flashes of what he could do but Salido showed us he isn't ready yet. I'd like to see him build his way back up. That was a fail on so many levels. They thought Juanma was gon beat Orlando in a rematch too and look what happened. Yeah put his ass back in there so he could lose again lol

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 2 2014, 10:41 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 3 2014, 12:24 AM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Simply put, then I'd say YES!!

My response to their bout last night from the other thread:

It appears as though I was wrong about Salido getting a boxing lesson, he (Orlando) had a great gameplan in the worst refereed fight I've ever seen in the history of the sport. Cole is a pitiful Referee; he didn't call any of the low blows on Salido and he had the audacity to warn Lomachenko for holding after he was being blasted way below the belt.

I'd love to see a rematch despite the decision earned by Orlando because Lomachenko was coming on near the end and could've gotten a KO had he started soon with his offense but Salido had a great gameplan which appeared to be to allow the great counterpuncher in Lomachenko to come to him but once he saw that L was reluctant to do so then he was able to impose his "low blow" plan into proper effect.

All in favor of Referee Laurence Cole being banned from officiating another fight please say "I"???

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 3 2014, 03:19 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

While bitching to the ref is something I despise, either his corner or Lomachenko should of put pressure on the ref to do something about the low blows, I suppose a "veteran tactic"

+Quote Post
pjs
post Mar 3 2014, 08:09 AM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 14,133

People don't realise how Salido killed the fight by leading with his head as evidenced here: http://proboxinganalysis.blogspot.com.au/2...y-in-texas.html
There is nothing Lomachenko could do if Salidojust keeps getting away with these illegal tactics.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Mar 3 2014, 10:02 AM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

The Ukrannian stops Salido in a rematch.. The young boy had that ass but was a bit too late.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 3 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2014, 10:40 PM) *
Let's be honest here. We all didn't like the officiating but why is no one talking about the blunders that Lomanchenko and his team made. The officiating wasn't the downfall of Vasyl. He's inexperienced and he got outgunned by a veteran. Vasyl is a vet now? If they fought again I'd still take Salido

The issues that were displayed last night don't get fixed in a training camp or two. Lomanchenko started off horribly slow, seemed to me he was pacing himself. His corner did NOTHING to protest the low blows, they should've put a rehydration clause on Salido's disrespectful ass, and after they saw the ref wasn't going to do shit about the low blows that's when you tell your fighter to get dirty and respond with your own dirty tricks. No trainer, no credible one would allow their fighter to just get hit with blatant shots like that. You either protest to the ref or tell your fighter to take matters into his own hands.

It was a perfect example of poor preparation on the part of Vasyl and his team. They weren't ready for that fight. Yeah he hurt him in the 12th but that was an 8-4 fight and the judge who scored it for Lomanchenko is the one who deserves the nut shots. I'm so tired of hearing only about the low blows but nobody taking about the mediocrity that occurred with team Lomanchenko...he's going to be champion, he showed flashes of what he could do but Salido showed us he isn't ready yet. I'd like to see him build his way back up. That was a fail on so many levels. They thought Juanma was gon beat Orlando in a rematch too and look what happened. Yeah put his ass back in there so he could lose again lol

Co-sign

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:55 AM