IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you agree with Freddie??, Running??
mitukczuk
post Feb 27 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2013, 09:45 AM) *
I don't really think the headbutts are on purpose. His dome is just so big I think it just gets in the way when he's in fighting, most of the headbutts in the Alexander fight were devons fault. Who the hell lunges in wildly like that against a opposite stance opponent? but him and Joel diaz make a great pair. They are both very cerebral and put down and follow a game plan very well, something roach and his fighters dont do very well.

I don't think they are intentional either. They just somehow...occur in almost all his fights. I hope Timmy will switch promoters after his contract expires. I wish him nothing but the best..........and some extra fans would not hurt too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 27 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If Bradley was running, all that does is further expose the fact that Freddy Roach trained fighters don't know how to cut a ring off.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 27 2013, 01:20 PM) *
If Bradley was running, all that does is further expose the fact that Freddy Roach trained fighters don't know how to cut a ring off.

This is in the bible somewhere...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 27 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Feb 26 2013, 09:39 PM) *
He won on the scorecards but I don't think any logical individual actually thought he won the fight. Lol...I don't even think Bradley thought he won the fight until it was announced.

Well, just call me Mr. Illogical because I thought Pac lost that fight, he was swinging and missing mostly and Bradley displayed all the things that Pac didn't in that fight:
Ring Generalship: Bradley
Effective Aggression: Bradley
Defense: Bradley
Clean Punching: Bradley

Pac had Aggression but it was mostly ineffective and if you call all of that screaming by the audience thinking he was landing as the reason he won then you need to take another look at that fight without the worst commentating in boxing history (they called nothing for Tim in that fight) and turn down the volume then watch it without bias one way or the other.

Pac lost IMO by more than 2 rounds, sorry we probably won't agree but I saw it without all the Pac hype and screaming/ridiculous HBO commentary and that is the way I saw it.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 27 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 27 2013, 05:55 AM) *
That I don't agree with him lol also I'd be curious what he can do for Aydin

You think he can really help him? I only saw Aydin fight twice and that was against Guerrero and Karass.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 28 2013, 03:53 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 12:24 AM) *
You think he can really help him? I only saw Aydin fight twice and that was against Guerrero and Karass.

With a non existant left hand yeah sure he can turn Aydin into the offensive fighter he wants to be.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 26 2013, 08:01 PM) *
Look at the gamesman ship on Diaz's part though...

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...3#ixzz2M3aAu8RI

“It don’t bother me at all. If you’re a winner, you got the right to say whatever you want. Floyd Mayweather, he’s a winner [so] he can talk all he wants and he has all the right to because he keeps winning. But when you lose every fight the previous year? when you get [Jorge] Linares beat, when you get [Amir] Khan beat, when you get Pacquiao knocked out and every other one of your fighters and then you go help the Olympic team and nobody gets a gold medal? – all he wants is attention”
“It doesn’t bother me. Hey, I’ll see Freddie Roach that night and he better bring his A game if he has a game. I got to feel a little sympathy for him as last year wasn’t a good year for him but if he wants attention we’ll give it to him. Maybe I’ll lend him a shoulder to cry on one of these days but for now, he has Provodnikov and I have Bradley”.

Ether..

That's that "ooops" (then look around to see who was listening) type sh*t right there.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #28

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 26 2013, 10:14 PM) *
And kinda ironic that the guy that trained Khan is complaining about running.

BAM!!!!

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Mar 2 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #29

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Well if Freddie knew how to move in there he probably wouldn't have been on the receiving end of 13 butt whoopings. He wouldn't be suffering today if he would've moved his head instead of using it to block punches. One would think that Freddie would be an advocate of the sweet science (hit and don't get hit) but he sent Manny in there to mix it up. Don't be surprised if Manny doesn't look like Freddie and Ali in 15 years. I don't agree with Freddie at all. God gave us 2 legs to use. The sport gives you between 16 & 22 feet to use your god given legs so why not use them? As I've always stated, you would not stand out in the open during a gun fight. You would take cover and look for spots to take your shots. You would avoid enemy fire at all costs. You wouldn't walk head or chest first into a hail of bullets. Boxing is kind of the same thing. It's war man. That guy wants to kill you in there. Freddie's approach is flawed and he's setting his fighters up to suffer the same condition he's troubled with right now.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Mar 2 2013, 07:25 AM) *
Well if Freddie knew how to move in there he probably wouldn't have been on the receiving end of 13 butt whoopings. He wouldn't be suffering today if he would've moved his head instead of using it to block punches. One would think that Freddie would be an advocate of the sweet science (hit and don't get hit) but he sent Manny in there to mix it up. Don't be surprised if Manny doesn't look like Freddie and Ali in 15 years. I don't agree with Freddie at all. God gave us 2 legs to use. The sport gives you between 16 & 22 feet to use your god given legs so why not use them? As I've always stated, you would not stand out in the open during a gun fight. You would take cover and look for spots to take your shots. You would avoid enemy fire at all costs. You wouldn't walk head or chest first into a hail of bullets. Boxing is kind of the same thing. It's war man. That guy wants to kill you in there. Freddie's approach is flawed and he's setting his fighters up to suffer the same condition he's troubled with right now.

Haz you fail to realize that none of Roach's fighters are boxers they are all brawlers and for some reason the masses think that a brawler can out fight a boxer. They look at too many Rocky movies and think this is what boxing is about. Which is why people still think that Manny's power and speed would destroy Floyd. If they were students of the game all they had to do is look at May vs. Judah. Judah had speed and power and could not do anything with it. James Tony had speed and power Roy Jones iced that. Lewis iced out Tyson who had speed and power. Like Uncle Roger said, speed don't means shit unless you know how to use it. Freddie is an offensive minded trainer. All his fighters lost to boxers! He is a one trick pony. He can only teach one way, his fighters never can adjust in the ring they only know one speed.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:26 AM