IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Golovkin vs. Stevens-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
mrchitown
post Nov 3 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #121

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Golovkin is supposed to be fighting again February 1st in monte carlo again against a TBA. Gary Russell Jr has struck again lmao
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 4 2013, 07:05 AM
Post #122

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

hes got it good, taking 2 hbo dates a year and one monte carlo. hes gettin that paper thats watup. itll just be a journeyman to keep him in shape, then hell get ba big name like murray or martinez

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 4 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #123

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

does nobody have an issue with him dropping the dude in the 2nd and not finishing the fight till the 8th?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 4 2013, 01:08 PM
Post #124

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 4 2013, 12:19 PM) *
does nobody have an issue with him dropping the dude in the 2nd and not finishing the fight till the 8th?

See how we miss that main point, when we focus on other meaningless stuff? I hate yall!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I feel like an underachiever at the moment...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 4 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #125

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Late reply as my DVR messed up the live call,

First fight was great with a very sad post-fight situation for the Russian. What is his current status in the hospital? I know they had to put him in a self-induced coma, he had some brain damage. I wondered about that with the side of his face all swollen like that.

I had the sound all the way down during Triple-G-Stevens. (So as not to have to hear "Bang, Bang Bang") I thought Stevens won two rounds. I think GGG is cool, but I want to see him tested to see how he recovers after being hurt. Too many unanswered questions. Is this a Donaire II in terms of how HBO is promoting him? How does Triple G do against Ward, assuming Ward pulls through against Rodriguez and probably one or two more fights for each before they meet, if they meet.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 4 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #126

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 4 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Late reply as my DVR messed up the live call,

First fight was great with a very sad post-fight situation for the Russian. What is his current status in the hospital? I know they had to put him in a self-induced coma, he had some brain damage. I wondered about that with the side of his face all swollen like that.

I had the sound all the way down during Triple-G-Stevens. (So as not to have to hear "Bang, Bang Bang") I thought Stevens won two rounds. I think GGG is cool, but I want to see him tested to see how he recovers after being hurt. Too many unanswered questions. Is this a Donaire II in terms of how HBO is promoting him? How does Triple G do against Ward, assuming Ward pulls through against Rodriguez and probably one or two more fights for each before they meet, if they meet.

Jack

Mago was in a medically-induced coma...I forgot to clear that up. He's stable at this moment, according to what I read.

As for GGG/Stevens, Lampley did an annoying variation of the "bang! bang! bang!" towards the end of one of those late rounds, maybe the round where Stevens was getting clobbered, or the 6th or 7th. I can tell ya one thing...he was surely warming up to the idea of making our ears bleed with one of his "fan-friendly" rants of phantom punches.

HBO has this whole, "We're gonna try and make you like boxing, instead of just letting the fights happen. At best, Lampley's more of a casual fan, than the ones that he's trying to convince to love the sport for what it is. It's like they (read: Lampley) only care about KOs, and could care less if you're invited back to the telecast, after not producing one.

You'll either hear some BS rhetoric throughout the round, or its this silence in anticipation of something "big" happening. Its like Kellerman pays attention to the fight, and in some cases, sets up the alley-oop for Lampley's mumbo jumbo outbursts, while Jim just misses it all together.

Gotta appreciate Roy's commentary, and Max's (most of the time), but Lampley's "commentary" is an ongoing clusterfuck of biased psychobabble.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 4 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #127

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 4 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Mago was in a medically-induced coma...I forgot to clear that up. He's stable at this moment, according to what I read.

As for GGG/Stevens, Lampley did an annoying variation of the "bang! bang! bang!" towards the end of one of those late rounds, maybe the round where Stevens was getting clobbered, or the 6th or 7th. I can tell ya one thing...he was surely warming up to the idea of making our ears bleed with one of his "fan-friendly" rants of phantom punches.

HBO has this whole, "We're gonna try and make you like boxing, instead of just letting the fights happen. At best, Lampley's more of a casual fan, than the ones that he's trying to convince to love the sport for what it is. It's like they (read: Lampley) only care about KOs, and could care less if you're invited back to the telecast, after not producing one.

You'll either hear some BS rhetoric throughout the round, or its this silence in anticipation of something "big" happening. Its like Kellerman pays attention to the fight, and in some cases, sets up the alley-oop for Lampley's mumbo jumbo outbursts, while Jim just misses it all together.

Gotta appreciate Roy's commentary, and Max's (most of the time), but Lampley's "commentary" is an ongoing clusterfuck of biased psychobabble.

Max and Roy really are trapped in the system. They are forced to listen to and swallow Lamply's biased shit.

If Lamps was replaced by say a casual boxing guy who just lets the fights happen, like the Showtime crew does better, the whole HBO commentary experience would be better. After that, dump Punchstats.

Jack

+Quote Post
yuca
post Nov 4 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #128

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,537

Does anybody know why Stevens was tapping his right foot from the opening bell, at first I thought he had a problem with his shoe, regardless it was very distracting to see him do that so repeatedly, it reminded me of Juanma Lopez fixing his trunks all the time.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 8 2013, 09:00 AM
Post #129

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 4 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Stevens was still game in that 3rd round. GGG didn't have enough time to finish him in that 2nd and Stevens was able to gather himself enough to be dangerous in that 3rd. You could tell in the start of that 3rd round that GGG wasn't going to go for the kill. He stalked with that jab and eventually landed enough during rounds 3-8 to finish him.

I watched a replay of the fight and I came away really wanting to see more of Curtis Stevens. He is a good fighter with real power. I would love to see Stevens vs any of the good fighters at 160.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 8 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #130

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (yuca @ Nov 4 2013, 08:13 PM) *
Does anybody know why Stevens was tapping his right foot from the opening bell, at first I thought he had a problem with his shoe, regardless it was very distracting to see him do that so repeatedly, it reminded me of Juanma Lopez fixing his trunks all the time.

He was checking if the ground was soft for later...

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 02:55 AM