IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:30(ET)/7:30(PT):Chavez Jr.-Manfredo (SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 21 2011, 03:42 PM
Post #51

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 21 2011, 11:39 AM) *
Thank you!

I think they were referring to his looks. That is all I am saying. I will leave it alone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 22 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #52

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Is there a general consensus that Chavez Jr. MUST suffer a KO/TKO to lose because of the WBC's protection of him and the politics of Jr. getting this title in the first place? Will impartial officiating occur in a Chavez Jr.-Alverez fight, which despite the politics, IS a fight I want to see? It's almost like againstAlverez,there is a chance that Jr. may not even win. Who is there that cannot beat Julio? It's going to be interesting to see just how long Arum and the WBC can play the game, before Chavez has to fight a quality opponent.

And when Chavez loses, it is dollars to donuts that the WBC will give him some Champion Emeritus Belt anyway because he is Julio Sr's son. No way the WBC lets Chavez lose everything.

Jack

PS. Just watch, Julio Jr. could be a come-backing opponent for several fighters if they came back and make a shit-load of money in the process:

Delahoya-HUGE PAYDAY
Trinidad-another big payday
Hatton-(anywhere but the UK to keep Jr. "safe.") Again huge payday.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Nov 22 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #53

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 20 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Very true at HBO. I think less true with Merchant. I think Lamply is the worst at cheerleading. However, when a fight is thrilling to watch, he is the best commentator. Kudos to Jim for at least trying to make ordinary fights sound exciting, but his epitaph is likely to read, "I never met an HBO and/or Olympian contracted fighter I wasn't forced to like." The question is, who is forcing the pom-poming of the HBO team?

Jack

lol absolutely. i should be a little more forgiving of lampley...he does bring enthusiasm to the table, thats for sure

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:53 PM