IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Guerrero Viewing Poll, How/Where Will You Be Watching?
How/Where Will You Be Watching Mayweather-Guerrero?
Where/How Will You See The Fight?
I Will Watch the PPV HD Feed [ 9 ] ** [47.37%]
I Will Watch the PPV SD Feed To Save $10 or no HD Set [ 2 ] ** [10.53%]
I Will Watch Closed Circuit [ 2 ] ** [10.53%]
I Will Watch On-Line (Streaming) [ 4 ] ** [21.05%]
I Won't Watch Live, Will Read Results/Wait For Showtime Replay [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
I Am Going to Vegas to See It Live [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I am Not Sure Yet [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
Total Votes: 19

BigDDatHomey
post May 3 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #21

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2013, 12:08 PM) *
I agree about the SD thing. But the point being that you will save $10 that way, might be seen by some as a nice discount. However, as a cable guy for decades of helping people, it is very annoying when I find out people have invested $1000+ for an HD TV and they are watching through Composite Cables, or they are watching the SD version of the channel and don't know the difference. We get people like that all the time.

$70 is really high though. It's good there are other viewing options for the fight.

Jack

Sounds like my wife. Got a big HD tv...HD service....and she's watching them regular channels that look all damn nasty.and she talk about...what's the difference....

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE....GIT OFF.THE DAMN HD.TV!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 3 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #22

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The viewing public's knowledge or lack of it can influence how and where one views the fight. Funniest is that I have heard Floyd mentioned as:

"Oh, that dude that everyone hates is fighting!" Than, it seems casual viewers know who you are talking about. LOL!

I have heard Floyd's name mentioned as "Floyd Merriweather" and once, "Floyd Mayflower" hahaha The name Meriweather was a actress named Lee Merriweather back in the 70's..

The closed-circuit option years ago was packed with several hundred people who would pay $20 to $30 a ticket. In contrast, PPV back than was about $30. The first known forty dollar PPV was Holyfield-Foreman in 1991 Tyson was the main draw at the time, and he was still fighting on HBO. The Tyson-McNeeley sham was like $40-$50 and many cable systems refused to carry it until the last minute because of the thought of Tyson fighting an untested bum. However, according to writer quotes, "Over a million suckers paid to see a sham." You had smaller cards at the $20-$30 level and little nothing shit like Cedric Kershner's "Heavyweight Explosion" cards for those fights that couldn't find a home elsewhere for $9.95.

There is no sliding price scale for PPV anymore. You will pay on average $55+ per fight. The viewing options for Closed-Circuit at $15-20 a shot provide a money saver if you are going by yourself. The downsides that I have heard is the following:

*You don't know who is going to be next to you.
*Most Theaters don't have liquor licenses, so you can't bring beer, (at least not legally.)
*Risk of a no clean bathroom. (I know so many people where this drives them to stay home, seriously)
*If your going with a group and get food there, you get up to the $60-$70 price quicker than many people realize

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2013, 01:28 PM) *
The viewing public's knowledge or lack of it can influence how and where one views the fight. Funniest is that I have heard Floyd mentioned as:

"Oh, that dude that everyone hates is fighting!" Than, it seems casual viewers know who you are talking about. LOL!

I have heard Floyd's name mentioned as "Floyd Merriweather" and once, "Floyd Mayflower" hahaha The name Meriweather was a actress named Lee Merriweather back in the 70's..

The closed-circuit option years ago was packed with several hundred people who would pay $20 to $30 a ticket. In contrast, PPV back than was about $30. The first known forty dollar PPV was Holyfield-Foreman in 1991 Tyson was the main draw at the time, and he was still fighting on HBO. The Tyson-McNeeley sham was like $40-$50 and many cable systems refused to carry it until the last minute because of the thought of Tyson fighting an untested bum. However, according to writer quotes, "Over a million suckers paid to see a sham." You had smaller cards at the $20-$30 level and little nothing shit like Cedric Kershner's "Heavyweight Explosion" cards for those fights that couldn't find a home elsewhere for $9.95.

There is no sliding price scale for PPV anymore. You will pay on average $55+ per fight. The viewing options for Closed-Circuit at $15-20 a shot provide a money saver if you are going by yourself. The downsides that I have heard is the following:

*You don't know who is going to be next to you.
*Most Theaters don't have liquor licenses, so you can't bring beer, (at least not legally.)
*Risk of a no clean bathroom. (I know so many people where this drives them to stay home, seriously)
*If your going with a group and get food there, you get up to the $60-$70 price quicker than many people realize

Jack

yeah...i hear that a lot. merriweather. smh. don't get me wrong...i love floyd and i've always been a fan. skillwise, i think he's one of the best ever. popularity is no where near the level past champions like ali, leonard, tyson or delahoya. he has made some serious cheddar...but he's alienated himself in the process.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 4 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm really debating this whole theatre vs HD PPV thing. On the one hand, $18 is a hell of a lot cheaper than $70. On the other hand, I'm worried about being around a bunch of idiots and casual boxing fans yelling stupidity. I especially hate the motherfuckers that don't know shit that all of a sudden become experts/ The ones going around saying what should have been done and what they would have done.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:12 PM