Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who will Pacquiao fight Next?
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Since Marquez and Bradley have no interest in fighting Pacquaio in September, who will be Pacman's next opponent? I do not think it would be Rios or Mile High Mike because of the war they were in earlier this year. They both should fight a soft opponent and not a major challenge like Pac. The options that I see Pac can have are all at the 140 mark. 147 is then unless Pac wants to fight someone like Devon Alexander or even possibly Lamont Peterson which would be interesting I do not see much pickings at 147. Pac could fight Zab Judah if he has a good showing against Danny Garcia, I am actually picking Danny to win that fight. He can fight either Marcos Madaina or his fellow country and Matthysee. Which would be a slug fest from the first bell. I am wondering what Arum will do because clearly the match up he wants is not going his way. So I guess we will see who he picks. Does anyone have a clue? I would not be surprised if Bob made an announcement about Pac's next opponent during the weekend of May 4th. It would be smart for him to do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 14 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I think the Bobfather will finally get his way and we'll see Pac/JMM 5. He's going to make JMM an offer he cant refuse eventually.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Apr 14 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Biggest bet right now would be Alvarado. No use in Arum putting Rios in right now for Pacquiao since he just lost. Even if Pac beats him, critics will say oh he beat a fighter who just lost his last fight. Pac needs to fight a winner that will make him look good. Alvarado is a good bet imo. Alvarado can move up to 147 or a catchweight for Alvarado's belt LOL.

Rios can fight Provodnikov at 147 then later meet with Alvarado again as welterweights.

Who knows what Bob is cookin...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 14 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Pac vs Gamboa you heard it here haha

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 14 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 10:06 AM) *
Since Marquez and Bradley have no interest in fighting Pacquaio in September, who will be Pacman's next opponent? I do not think it would be Rios or Mile High Mike because of the war they were in earlier this year. They both should fight a soft opponent and not a major challenge like Pac. The options that I see Pac can have are all at the 140 mark. 147 is then unless Pac wants to fight someone like Devon Alexander or even possibly Lamont Peterson which would be interesting I do not see much pickings at 147. Pac could fight Zab Judah if he has a good showing against Danny Garcia, I am actually picking Danny to win that fight. He can fight either Marcos Madaina or his fellow country and Matthysee. Which would be a slug fest from the first bell. I am wondering what Arum will do because clearly the match up he wants is not going his way. So I guess we will see who he picks. Does anyone have a clue? I would not be surprised if Bob made an announcement about Pac's next opponent during the weekend of May 4th. It would be smart for him to do.

Bob Arum isn't stupid enough to put MP in with a puncher like Lucas!! I will say that should for whatever reason the JMM 5 fight doesn't happen then his safest bet is to face TB because at least we know he won't get KO'd. Bradley will humiliate him again as long as he box him but if he chooses to slug like he did vs Prov then he will get ktfo.

Personally I'd rather see him try to clear his loss to Bradley but i suspect that BA wants to try and resurrect some of MP's so called "aura of invincibility" then he'd have to match him with the likes of Rios or other come forward fighters with no defense.

Bradley deserves another chance to show that he clearly beat MP.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 14 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 14 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Bob Arum isn't stupid enough to put MP in with a puncher like Lucas!! I will say that should for whatever reason the JMM 5 fight doesn't happen then his safest bet is to face TB because at least we know he won't get KO'd. Bradley will humiliate him again as long as he box him but if he chooses to slug like he did vs Prov then he will get ktfo.

Personally I'd rather see him try to clear his loss to Bradley but i suspect that BA wants to try and resurrect some of MP's so called "aura of invincibility" then he'd have to match him with the likes of Rios or other come forward fighters with no defense.

Bradley deserves another chance to show that he clearly beat MP.

Forget stupid enough, I think were all forgetting who represents Lucas.

Also while I want Bradley to fight Pac I want him to just fight Marquez first, or someone with decent punching power, and him to take it and not get hurt. I can see if Pac gets him and drops him because Bradley decides to trade, all we'll here is Prodnikov ruined his chin first.

Whose that dude that used to be in Mayweather Promotions? Jessie Vargas? It'll probably be him next.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 14 2013, 02:01 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #7

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Bradley doesn't want the Pac fight. Both Marquez and Bradley want to fight each other and the match makes more sense than Pac fighting either one of them. I would not put Mike Alvarado against Pac after the war he took. Jessie Vargas is a good name but not a big name and Pac needs a big name. He should of fought Mayweather for that 40 million at least we would have gotten a second fight by now but oh well.

I think his options are slim, unless he wants to bring Erik Morales out of retirement.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 14 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Juan Diaz! Pac will get a light touch in his return. Juan Diaz makes for good, action fights. He's a high volume pillow puncher who will make Pac look good. Pac will stop Diaz in a barn burner of a fight. It may go 4 or 5 rounds, then everyone can announce that Pac is back!

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 14 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Zab judah doesn't sound like a bad idea at all for a Pacquiao comeback fight.

Well its going to have to be someone Manny can look good against.

I think he may finally give Rios his chance.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Pac/JMM V on September 14th, 2013

Fellas, mark this down in your Hello Kitty calendars.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:30 PM