Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why did golovkin fight ishida???
checkleft
post Mar 31 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Idk why this was in ppv but that's besides the point. Why would golovkin fight ishida? Has ishida ever even beat a middle weight?? Hes coming off two losses and he's kind of old too. And then when I watched clips of fight the ring looked like a toy ring, it looked tiny. Am I the only one that thinks its about time he steps it up? Doesn't he have a title now? He seems to be to good to be doing this Canelo type shit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 31 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

not too many others willing to face ggg. props to ishida for having the balls. i feel bad about the ko though. hope he's ok.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 31 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This is the 2nd time he's fought this year, so I dont mind.

Im sure he'll fight at least twice before the year's out. Remember, Donaire fought 4 times in 2012, one of which was a decent scarp (Vasquez Jr last Feb.), and they crowned him "Fighter of the Year".

If that can happen to him, then I dont mind GGG fighting Ishida, we all know that he'll fight somebody of worth before the end of the year. Think about it, Kirkland, Williams, and Pirog, couldn't stop Ishida, so I dont see why this matchup was that bad.

Check, I DO agree with the ring and poor television quality of the fight. Looks like they were fighting in a high school gym. They shouldn't have done either fighter like thta.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 1 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I think he said earlier this year that he wants to fight 3 or 4 times this year so I aint mad at him due to him wanting to be active. More fighters should look at him and take notes (Dirrell). A lot of fighters don't want to mix it up with him in the ring no way because they fear his power. GGG has the division shook, but I expect some good things from him and I can't wait to see him in a big fight

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 1 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 31 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Idk why this was in ppv but that's besides the point. Why would golovkin fight ishida? Has ishida ever even beat a middle weight?? Hes coming off two losses and he's kind of old too. And then when I watched clips of fight the ring looked like a toy ring, it looked tiny. Am I the only one that thinks its about time he steps it up? Doesn't he have a title now? He seems to be to good to be doing this Canelo type shit

I think he just wanted to add another notch on his belt and display his talent in the process, he'll get better fights as time goes on because all of his opponents are watching to see if anyone blueprints a style that'll give him problems that they can capitalize on whenever they face him.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 1 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

That ring was as small as the ring carts wrestlers used to drive to the ring for vintage wrestlemania events lol. the camera quality was as low budget as the footage I get on my camera phone lol. All in All, Golovkin did what he was suppose to, not counting those certain advantages he was given to do it. It was a stay busy fight against a guy who's been through a lot of wars (ishida), and has been on the decline for a while now.

Why they made it a PPV event? idk, but if I had to pay money to watch a fight with video quality straight outta Thrilla in Minilla productions, I'd be pissed!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 1 2013, 12:44 PM) *
That ring was as small as the ring carts wrestlers used to drive to the ring for vintage wrestlemania events lol. the camera quality was as low budget as the footage I get on my camera phone lol. All in All, Golovkin did what he was suppose to, not counting those certain advantages he was given to do it. It was a stay busy fight against a guy who's been through a lot of wars (ishida), and has been on the decline for a while now.

Why they made it a PPV event? idk, but if I had to pay money to watch a fight with video quality straight outta Thrilla in Minilla productions, I'd be pissed!

it's a ppv event because none of the networks were willing to pick it up. the cost of doing production overseas for a fight like this would not be worth it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:14 AM