Reply to this topicStart new topic
> berto planning return this summer
Jovi
post Feb 6 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

Berto vs Malinaggi, Berto vs Khan, Berto vs Broner, Berto vs Judah....Idk if its worth really trying to "rebuild" him and put him as the main event with a tomato can, his name still holds value and if anything he could be a solid gatekeeper.

He has a chance against any of the said names because his handpower, and hand speed, but other than his hands he doesnt have anything else. No legs, no defense, more of a brawler than boxer, his upperbody compared to his lower body is too unproportionate, he looked like he was about to fall over at any moment against soto karass; No balance.

I've been wanting that Berto/Ortiz rematch.

He may not win but i would like to see Thurman get to Berto, a highlight waiting to happen.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Feb 6 2014, 11:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 12:43 AM) *
Damn you just brought up a good tournament. How about a mini tourney with Judah, Berto, Ortiz, and Mosley. There all in the same boat. March them up and the losers ride off into the sunset and the winner gets one more shot at the big time. Why not? We may get some good fights out of it

Berto doesn't quit and I think we all live that about him but in a way he's his own worse enemy. He throws shots and falls in and defensively he's not the tightest. I also think his physique works against him. He doesn't have a boxer frame he got more of the mma square up type of body. He's too tight most of the fight and I think his muscular build is a reason why. He looks like he should be in a weight lifting contest instead of a fight

Good thing is at least he's training with Hunter right now and hopefully tightening up on those holes in his game. I think this is his last run so they need to be very very careful how they match him from here on out

This!!!
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 7 2014, 12:50 AM) *
Berto vs Malinaggi, Berto vs Khan, Berto vs Broner, Berto vs Judah....Idk if its worth really trying to "rebuild" him and put him as the main event with a tomato can, his name still holds value and if anything he could be a solid gatekeeper.

He has a chance against any of the said names because his handpower, and hand speed, but other than his hands he doesnt have anything else. No legs, no defense, more of a brawler than boxer, his upperbody compared to his lower body is too unproportionate, he looked like he was about to fall over at any moment against soto karass; No balance.

I've been wanting that Berto/Ortiz rematch.

He may not win but i would like to see Thurman get to Berto, a highlight waiting to happen.

Khan wont happen ...same trainer...,,him n Thurman used to train together in Florida same team ...Thurman was known for sleeping his ass...not wise

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

I hate this reply box with a passion

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 7 2014, 02:05 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 6 2014, 10:47 PM) *
Your right I wouldn't call him a quitter but its like he lacks confidence in the ring

He came into that fight with new life it seemed and a lot of confidence, but that shoulder injury took the wind right out of his sail.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2014, 08:38 AM
Post #15

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 04:18 PM) *
You will never be a matchmaker. Who wants to see a Guerrero rematch? There's no reason for it and Ortiz might beat him again. He needs a win, badly. And that's the opposition you'd put him in with? I'm glad you don't manage fighters Dolomite lol

I want to see Berto vs. Ortiz, loser leaves the sport. I would take Berto vs. Paulie M. as well.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 10:17 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 7 2014, 02:05 AM) *
He came into that fight with new life it seemed and a lot of confidence, but that shoulder injury took the wind right out of his sail.

Karass should be the only one he fights then ......put Lope z Ortiz 2 on the same card with Judah and someone else ...I believe Mosley finally hung em up..said he's just training other fighters now

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 7 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 11:43 PM) *
Damn you just brought up a good tournament. How about a mini tourney with Judah, Berto, Ortiz, and Mosley. There all in the same boat. March them up and the losers ride off into the sunset and the winner gets one more shot at the big time. Why not? We may get some good fights out of it

Berto doesn't quit and I think we all live that about him but in a way he's his own worse enemy. He throws shots and falls in and defensively he's not the tightest. I also think his physique works against him. He doesn't have a boxer frame he got more of the mma square up type of body. He's too tight most of the fight and I think his muscular build is a reason why. He looks like he should be in a weight lifting contest instead of a fight

Good thing is at least he's training with Hunter right now and hopefully tightening up on those holes in his game. I think this is his last run so they need to be very very careful how they match him from here on out

I don't wanna be responsible for that type of tourney! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Now that I think about it, it isn't such a bad idea after all. Get all of them in there within two months of each other, so we can see the results quickly...rather wait 6-8 months to watch them dick it up again.

Berto though...dude has had it tough for the past 2 years...since the Ortiz fight. He just looked "out of it" in the Ortiz fight, he got caught up in a dog fight against Guerrero (with a BS ref as well), and his shoulder left him hanging in the JSK fight. Through all of those fights...he fought his hardest, hands down.

We all see the technical issues in his fight game, but his team has somewhat failed him too. They should've thrown him in there with Karass at the time that he fought Guerrero...that's when he needed a confidence builder. He had already been out for a long time, had a bicep injury, then went through the whole PED nonsense...just why in the hell would they put him in there with Guerrero that soon?

Anyhow, as you mentioned, he has some heavy lifting to do (not literally), so any little mishap in his next fight (getting caught with a good shot that hurts him, getting knocked down, sustaining an injury, etc), is gonna mess up his "comeback".

I'm not sure how hard it is for Berto make 147, but maybe, just maybe, he could come back and fight somebody like Morales at 144...so it wont look like a complete mismatch. Do that, get some attention, then do his next fight at 47. I know that sounds dumb as hell, but at this point, Berto needs a confidence builder, and thanks to his team feeding him tomato cans for so long to the point that ALL of his upcoming fights had to be significant...he needs a name on his resume. Hell, truthfully, his second comeback fight needs to be Hank Lundy...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:44 PM