IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

mrchitown
post Feb 28 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #51

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2013, 07:05 PM) *
i'm not so sure he played himself. he's going to be the A side to his own show and he's fighting a worthy opponent. if he should win....he's beat a solid opponent. since it's on showtime and not ppv...i'm not sure how his viewership comes into play if and when they negotiate the terms.

honestly....canelo/trout is a much bigger fight, significance wise...than floyd/guerrero. no one expects guerrero to win. on paper...this looks to be an easy fight for floyd. not so for canelo/trout. i think trout should win...but this is by far a much more even fight between two guys who are at the top of their games at this point. i'm more excited about this fight.

So you don't see anything wrong with a fighter who hasn't proven anything in his weight class trying to demand a future HOF fighter to sign a contract or he'll do his own thing? I think he played himself in that sense

I don't see anything wrong with him going on his own date, it'll get more attention and be a bigger event. But for him and his team to put a deadline on any fighter, let alone Floyd to fight them is ridiculous. He needs someone in his camp to stop sucking him off and tell him how it really is. But when I found out Reynoso was his manager I knew that wasn't going to happen. He's a prima donna who over values his worth
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 28 2013, 01:13 AM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Canelo is robbing himself of exposure if this is true. He couldn't pull numbers with a chicano on his card. And he possibly may have burned a bridge with mayweather, let's face it mayweather isnt the most forgiving guys when they play with his money (ask arum)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 28 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #53

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 10:23 PM) *
So you don't see anything wrong with a fighter who hasn't proven anything in his weight class trying to demand a future HOF fighter to sign a contract or he'll do his own thing? I think he played himself in that sense

I don't see anything wrong with him going on his own date, it'll get more attention and be a bigger event. But for him and his team to put a deadline on any fighter, let alone Floyd to fight them is ridiculous. He needs someone in his camp to stop sucking him off and tell him how it really is. But when I found out Reynoso was his manager I knew that wasn't going to happen. He's a prima donna who over values his worth

Exactly. Red Head head is smelling himself way too much. What if he loses to Trout? That means he still gets a Mayweather fight? BS. He will soon learn that Cinnamon isn't a main spice. This dude cashed himself out way too early and over nothing.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 28 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #54

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 08:21 AM) *
Exactly. Red Head head is smelling himself way too much. What if he loses to Trout? That means he still gets a Mayweather fight? BS. He will soon learn that Cinnamon isn't a main spice. This dude cashed himself out way too early and over nothing.

I saw something in Trout vs Cotto.... Trout is very dangerous and stayed within himself to secure a win but I think he could have stopped Cotto or made him quit.. He dominated Cotto-- Alvarez has not beaten anyone and I do not feel he will be able to handle Trout at all.. I think Trout dominates this kid...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 28 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #55

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Ring TV says it's in Texas. San Antonio. What are the chances of Trout getting a decision there in the land of Laurence Cole and Gale Van Hoy?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/177447-...-in-san-antonio

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #56

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 28 2013, 02:01 PM) *
Ring TV says it's in Texas. San Antonio. What are the chances of Trout getting a decision there in the land of Laurence Cole and Gale Van Hoy?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/177447-...-in-san-antonio

Jack

Good luck Trout...good luck.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 28 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #57

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2013, 01:05 PM) *
Good luck Trout...good luck.

No shit man!

I mean at least the Vegas venue on Floyd's undercard would stand a chance of fair officiating. I can see it now. Two Texas locals and one Mexican judge or Californian. Or whatever, the judges will likely all be from Southwest States. You get two guys in the money maker's pocket, it makes no difference where the third judge is from. Trout will have to near kill Alverez to get a decision in Texas. The officials will take to "Cinnamon Head" like bees to honey!

Alverez just saved his own ass from a loss, unless the fight is a brutal beating. Trout better do a Martinez on Chavez here if he wants to win and not get caught in the last round!

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #58

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 28 2013, 02:14 PM) *
No shit man!

I mean at least the Vegas venue on Floyd's undercard would stand a chance of fair officiating. I can see it now. Two Texas locals and one Mexican judge or Californian. Or whatever, the judges will likely all be from Southwest States. You get two guys in the money maker's pocket, it makes no difference where the third judge is from. Trout will have to near kill Alverez to get a decision in Texas. The officials will take to "Cinnamon Head" like bees to honey!

Alverez just saved his own ass from a loss, unless the fight is a brutal beating. Trout better do a Martinez on Chavez here if he wants to win and not get caught in the last round!

Jack

Just what we fuckin' needed...a bunch of Revenge of the Nerds judges, smh.

The kicker here is, thanks to Alvarez and his disgusting since of entitlement, he can win or lose here, but his chances at a Floyd fight have gone sour in the meantime. He better hope he does the minimum here, and at least beat Trout convincingly. I dont want to put too much mustard on Trout's victory over Cotto, but he's the first able-body that Canelo's fought on U.S. soil.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #59

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 27 2013, 09:47 PM) *
Darn, beat me to it... Let me add, from some of the rumors I've read on various sites, Canelo would fight on Floyd's undercard if there was some type of guarantee of a Mayweather/Canelo in September. Sounds like there's no guarantee. Also Canelo is testing his market value by doing this. This is smart and right on his part. Mayweather counts all of Canelo's numbers on his PPV if Canelo fights on the undercard. Now they will both have to stand alone and see who is the bigger draw. I think Canelo's numbers may surprise us all due to the Mexican fan base. They love this guy. Personally, I ain't paying for either.

totally agree on all counts.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 28 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Woe. Boxing should not be allowed in Texas

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:31 PM