IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT): Ward vs. Froch-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
sduck
post Dec 18 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #81

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

I watched the fight last night with fam. I called it goin in, Froch is just too slow for Ward. That's Froch's biggest issue. Ward was fightin kind of stupid to me though, I dont understand why he wanted to fight on the inside and trade shots against the ropes, knowing Froch is best at fighting on the ropes. He could of won the fight more decisively fighting at range, he had a clear advantage, though would of probably made the fight boring to most. I mean whatever, I knew he was going to win regardless. Froch was frustrated for most of the fight, because he was just physically inferior to Ward. Ward had good enough defense to block and dodge most of Froch's slow ass punches. I think Ward vs Dirrell would of been a more closer fight, had Dirrell not somehow lost to Froch.

I wonder what's next for Ward, I hope he gets a fight with Bute, instead of that potential "megafight" being dragged out for no reason, like in comparison with other big fights.

This post has been edited by sduck: Dec 18 2011, 03:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 18 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #82

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 12:56 PM) *
That fight wasn't televised of course, but I would have liked to see it, to see what the big fuss is about.

Thanks, I've read a couple of reports and even thugh his opponent wasn't the best, supposedly he looked good. Technically solid and dangerous.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 19 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #83

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 03:41 PM) *
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/1317945799475.jpg)

I'll take your word for it in the meantime!

Froch was TIGHT and a bit confused the whole 12 rounds. Dude's shoulders were up to his ears, and he just couldn't relax to save his life. Overtrained? Quite possible. I could only hope that he didn't get out of character in training camp...just knowing that he knew what he was up against (skill wise).

When I heard them say that Froch's team does things in camp to make him feel like a "young 34", just gave me a clear indication that he could have possibly done too much...I was just too hesitant to put it out there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think he overtrained. He couldn't pull the trigger to save his life. While Ward is largely responsible for his timing issues, I couldn't help, but notice he couldn't do anything. I mean, NOTHING...until Ward decided to take a breather here or there.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #84

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 19 2011, 04:25 PM) *
I think he overtrained. He couldn't pull the trigger to save his life. While Ward is largely responsible for his timing issues, I couldn't help, but notice he couldn't do anything. I mean, NOTHING...until Ward decided to take a breather here or there.

Yeah that ugly jab of his didn't do the trick either. It was hard to watch, because you'd expected him to be a bit more into the fight than he was...or was he even in the fight at all?

+Quote Post
Thegreatequalize...
post Dec 20 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #85

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,603

could gus johnson have his head any further up ward's ass? he should be over at hbo.

yeah, froch's jab was possibly the weakest aspect of his game against ward. he's already slow, and then he keeps his hand below his waist making his jab even slower. he can get away with it against some fighters, but not against someone who is technically better and faster.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 20 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #86

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Dec 20 2011, 01:52 AM) *
could gus johnson have his head any further up ward's ass? he should be over at hbo.

yeah, froch's jab was possibly the weakest aspect of his game against ward. he's already slow, and then he keeps his hand below his waist making his jab even slower. he can get away with it against some fighters, but not against someone who is technically better and faster.

I had the good fortune to NOT have the sound available where I watched it....oh yeah, and NO sea hags!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 20 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #87

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 20 2011, 06:31 PM) *
and NO sea hags!

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/ManPointingFinger.gif)

Dont lie to the masses Mr. Noles!!!

Consider yourself fortunate that you didn't have to hear Gus Johnson fall into a deep realm of what we call a man-crush (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) "....and Ward is ALLLL...OVERR...FROCH!!!" He was quite annoying...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 23 2011, 02:51 PM
Post #88

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 12:56 PM) *
Yes he did, GLADLY, he accepted the loss and gave Ward his kudos.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/picard-sigh.jpg)

I doubt that Sergio would move up to fight Ward, because Sergio isn't really even a big MW. Anything can happen though, especially if the money is right. As far as a Chavez Jr. fight, not happenin'. Chavez could move up to 168 and fight Ward, but there's not much there for that fight.

Good observation! I will have to check that out again...

+1

Yeah, what was up with that 116-116???

That fight wasn't televised of course, but I would have liked to see it, to see what the big fuss is about.

Ward did hurt his hand before the fight during sparring.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:45 AM