IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DELAHOYA SAYS MAYWEATHER AFRAID OF ALVAREZ, afraid to fight him???
checkleft
post Apr 10 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 03:01 AM) *
Definitely Prof...in the sea of potential fights (within 147/154)...and within the current landscape of GBP/May Promo vs TR/HBO warfare, Canelo is more than likely the biggest payday for FM. Khan however could rival or offer more, with UK buys...

It's crazy how much UK fans support their fighters. Hattons fan base was immense
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 10 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #52

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 10 2013, 08:46 AM) *
It's crazy how much UK fans support their fighters. Hattons fan base was immense

Was? Seems like that dude is still a legend if you ask me. I think if he fought next week, they'd all come out and go crazy lol! I LOVE his fan base. I remember when he fought Mayweather. It was incredible.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 10 2013, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 10 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #53

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 10 2013, 08:55 AM) *
Was? Seems like that dude is still a legend if you ask me. I think if he fought next week, they'd all come out and go crazy lol! I LOVE his fan base. I remember when he fought Mayweather. It was incredible.

The songs, the band the frenzy. I could not get that song out of my head for weeks after that fight. They brought that European soccer fan energy to boxing that is lacking in pretty much all of American sport. It was the reason I pulled for Hatton after the Mayweather fight because, There is only one Ricky Hatton.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #54

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 9 2013, 11:29 PM) *
Come on, he was all set to fight Paul Williams. He was all set to fight Kirkland. He was all set to fight Ortiz. You know it and I know it so why do you have to make stuff up? Canelo wasn't riding off of anyone's name there...he was going to fight all 3 on a PPV event but through no fault of his own the fights all fell through. Honestly, if you want to deny and debate that FACT, is it really worth talking to you?

What Canelo wanted was pretty simple. He fought on Floyd's last 2 PPV cards in hopes that it would pave the way for a fight against Mayweather in the future. Well Mayweather's team obviously wanted Canelo-Trout on the undercard (and for good reason) so they dangled the possible fight with Mayweather in front of him n hopes that Canelo would accept. Canelo said yes...but instead of HOPING that Mayweather would eventually agree, Canelo wanted in writing. Mayweather declined so Canelo took the Trout fight and made his own event.

There is nothing wrong with either side, so where is the argument from Mayweather fans coming from?

And like I said before, every published report says that the deal was Canelo v Mayweather IF Canelo beat Trout. Period. Like I said, find me one shred of evidence that says otherwise and I will do further research. You have none because you know that was the way it went down. For some really, REALLY odd reason you don't want to give that talking point up. It's sort of weird...

This whole "he was set to fight (insert fighter's name)" is a load of bullcrap. He wasn't "all set" to fight Kirkland, the fight was "in the works". "In the works" doesn't automatically give a fighter credibility, sorry. Paulie was "in the works" of fighting Floyd a few years ago, does that give him any type of credibility? Canelo was "in the works" of fighting a lot of guys, or so you thought, but let's be real here, they were just trying to build up Canelo's name.

PLEASE stop saying that Canelo isn't riding off of anybody's name, he's perfected it at this point. Wanna know how? Because people are clamoring over him and Floyd fighting, but who has he fought? We've seen it before with Hatton. Dude just has a name that's been shoved so far up your ass, that you're willing to believe anything that his pillow-biting promoter and team is spewing.

Dude has been set to fight a lot of guys, but have we gotten? Lopez, Rhodes, M. Hatton, Gomez, Cintron...and the bullshit list goes on. You can talk big about Canelo after next weekend, but until then, just cut the nonsense. If he loses to Trout on the 20th, will anything that say hold weight?

And please stop asking for evidence, research, or whatever it is that you're begging for. The prognosis is clear, this dude has fought a legt 154lber, he's come up off other fighter's name, and everything about him has been a smoke screen thus far.

Again, just stop failing.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 10 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #55

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 10 2013, 09:59 AM) *
The songs, the band the frenzy. I could not get that song out of my head for weeks after that fight. They brought that European soccer fan energy to boxing that is lacking in pretty much all of American sport. It was the reason I pulled for Hatton after the Mayweather fight because, There is only one Ricky Hatton.

I loved that "there's only one Ricky Hatton" song. I also liked the Blue Moon rendition and the "he ey ey ey ey HEY! He ey ey ey ey HEY!". I found myself dancing whenever Ricky fought lol You're right though. I said it in a thread for his last fight. Boxing is gonna miss Ricky Hatton.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 10 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

He gives the arena a soccer match feel, its pretty energetic. The crowd was pretty crazy at the Froch Bute fight to

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 10 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #57

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Every time someone pulls that "X is scared to fight Y" shit, I roll my eyes.

The only fighters for whom that can be legitimately said are guys who, even if you win against them, put you in real physical danger due to the abuse you take.

Mike Tyson ? Yes.

Sonny Liston ? Yes.

George Foreman ? Yes.

A young Manny Pacquiao below 135 lbs. ? Yes.

We're talking about extremely powerful punchers, with good chins and a vicious mentality.

Who the fuck has Canelo absolutely destroyed like any of the fighters named above ? He's good good skills and decent ability, but let's get real.

He has NOT done anything "fear"-inducing.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 10 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #58

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 10 2013, 07:46 AM) *

Truly! I love that. American fans are quite fickle in comparison. Let me rephrase...some.

Indeed!

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 10 2013, 08:59 AM) *

Me too. I became a fan because of his fans! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 10 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #59

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 10 2013, 10:32 AM) *
Every time someone pulls that "X is scared to fight Y" shit, I roll my eyes.

The only fighters for whom that can be legitimately said are guys who, even if you win against them, put you in real physical danger due to the abuse you take.

Mike Tyson ? Yes.

Sonny Liston ? Yes.

George Foreman ? Yes.

A young Manny Pacquiao below 135 lbs. ? Yes.

We're talking about extremely powerful punchers, with good chins and a vicious mentality.

Who the fuck has Canelo absolutely destroyed like any of the fighters named above ? He's good good skills and decent ability, but let's get real.

He has NOT done anything "fear"-inducing.

Precisely Max. But the hype machine is so good...so consuming. People begin to believe the improbable. And they trust what they hear and read in a business that can be so unscrupulous...

I've seen fighters before that I would say fight with a kind of nervous energy (skittishness even)...but truly, how can anyone who laces up gloves and enters a small space for the purpose of laying on hands (and being handled) by another strong and intent athlete be thought of as scared. Especially when they're making a career doing what 99% of the populous would/could never do. And on the elite level, no less. I'm not buying that either.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 10 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #60

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 10 2013, 01:20 AM) *
So you think Canelo fighting Berto or Thurman is a suitable fight? And even Guererro? This is the knock on the kid, he needs to fight legit 154lbers. His whole career is feasting on smaller fighters, I like Canelo but he has to show and do more. Granted he's facinga legit boxer in Trout and I don't think he'll beat Trout but he'll need to do more then that. He needs more fighters at his weight like a Kirkland as you mentioned, how about Lara..it's plenty of people at his weight he can fight. It's time to take the training wheels off. And as far as him fighting Sergio, that won't happen, he'll get cooked

I think Thurman or Berto could be an interesting fight at some point. There are some 154 pounders out there as well. He is fighting the biggest threat out at this point, so take Trout off the list. Cotto is out there. I think the Lara-Angulo winner is out there as well. Those are 3 elite 154 fighters. Like I said, there are big fights out there to be made and this was pretty much the end of the road for him fighting on Mayweather undercards.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:39 PM