IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guerrero and God's Plan, Who do u want to be humbled more, Floyd or Guerrero?
Gambit808
post Mar 27 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

No matter what happens on May 4th, win or lose, Robert Guerrero seriously needs to STFU about this whole God's plan BS. I have no problem with him and his faith, and people are entitled to say what they feel, but It bothers me when this guy starts talking like he's Moses or something. For one, THIS IS A SPORT where 2 guys beat the hell out of each other for money, and everyone else watching either gambles or endorses it in some form or fashion through their influence. For two if he loses, it's not only gonna make him look foolish, but it would be embarrassing to see this guys claim of "God's Plan" prove false. This dude is fighting the wrong battle if he's gonna play this whole S.O.G. role. Why won't some of these reporters ask this man; What divine purpose does your victory serve to the world, that God himself would etch out a plan for you brutal beat up another man to gain such fortunes?

I like this guys fights, but this dude's claim to fame rubs me the wrong way the closer we get to fight night. FHC, Who do u want to be humbled more, Floyd or Guerrero?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 27 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Man, i feel ya! When I was reading the article here on HP I was like "What the hell is that guy talking about?!".

I have no problem with his faith too, but with this attitude he might as well come door to door saying the good ol' and annyoing "Do you have a minute to talk about Jesus?". Milking the story of his wife is a bit off too...but that I understand, without it he wouldn't sell.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 27 2013, 04:21 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

What'd be worse is if he won urghh I have a feeling he will never stop going on about it and come out with shit like "god had his right hand on my shoulder the entire time" you know the stuff that'll make me never forgive Floyd for losing to this guy Lol. Am in a rock and a hard place

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 27 2013, 07:39 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think berto and aydin knocked a few screws loose in his head, this motherfucker thinks he's a prophet now or something.

Like I said before, this shit sounds stupid as fuck! Let me get this right, you are a devout Christian talking about violently beating the shit out of people because you believe that's what Jesus put you on this earth for? Andre ward needs to tell his little brother to shut the fuck up, guerrero is making a joke out of Christian fighters. This guys seriously needs to just put this shit to rest. This dude needs to take notes from ward and quit emberrasing himself (a little to late for that tho I think).

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 27 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

"God sent me to humble Floyd Mayweather." This is the quote that bothers me the most. God doesn't need you or any man to humble someone else. And what Robert forgets is that Floyd also is a Christian. And matter of fact Floyd has never said that God sent him to beat up anyone. If anything he has said that something on the lines of "I hope we can both walk away from the fight from what we came with" something on those lines. After every fight he thanks God, so how does God pick you over another person that believes in Him? So if Robert loses and he is the one that is bleeding from nose to mouth what does that make God look like? I think Ghost needs to realize that Manny was also a believer and he even showed his "Bible" study on TV and look what happen to the Catholic ambassador to the Philippines! JMM is also a strong Catholic so was God more on the side of JMM than he was with Pac? Holyfield had scriptures written all over his trunks he still got beat, badly. Boxing though mentioned in the Bible is a sport between two men, luck and skill play tremendous parts, may the Lord be with you but no way can the Lord fight for you.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 27 2013, 08:26 AM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Yeah he should learn from Holyfield that just because you are JESUS FREAK who feels he is special will not prevent you from getting your ass kicked.. WHEN HE GETS HIS ASS KICKED he will learn

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 27 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 27 2013, 01:43 AM) *
Man, i feel ya! When I was reading the article here on HP I was like "What the hell is that guy talking about?!".

I have no problem with his faith too, but with this attitude he might as well come door to door saying the good ol' and annyoing "Do you have a minute to talk about Jesus?". Milking the story of his wife is a bit off too...but that I understand, without it he wouldn't sell.

Lol @ the door to door quote. His wife's story I get, but this whole running around like he's some sort of prophet just looks bad even if he does win. Don't want to sound like to much of a Mayweather fan but he also had a point when speaking about Andre Ward dubbing himself S.O.G.. This point pretty much goes for any sportsman that feels as though God favors them over there opponent or that they (in God's eyes) are more special.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 27 2013, 08:38 AM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 27 2013, 07:39 AM) *
I think berto and aydin knocked a few screws loose in his head, this motherfucker thinks he's a prophet now or something.

Like I said before, this shit sounds stupid as fuck! Let me get this right, you are a devout Christian talking about violently beating the shit out of people because you believe that's what Jesus put you on this earth for? Andre ward needs to tell his little brother to shut the fuck up, guerrero is making a joke out of Christian fighters. This guys seriously needs to just put this shit to rest. This dude needs to take notes from ward and quit emberrasing himself (a little to late for that tho I think).

1+ Exactly

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 27 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Its funny because Roberts dad is the total opposite. Hes talking prison and doing time. Blah blah blah, Floyd Sr this, Im 30 and 0 in the barrio. Im laughing my ass off personally. But hey we all know god sells tickets and if Guerrero can bring in the Cristian demographic then hey hes doing his part selling the fight. Im not surprized Showtime said this will be the most promoted fight in boxing history.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 27 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'm not even sure how to take this one anymore. Robert's already shown us how much of a douche he can be, especially with his silly antics in the post-fight interview at the Berto fight.

I see a mental lapse happening in this fight, something like Ortiz's last two fights. Robert will come out strong, get frustrated if his plan doesn't pan out early, and we'll see him do something crazy...rather than just relaxing and regrouping.

For some odd reason, I still believe he can pull this off, but the whole religious approach that he's taking at the moment, is making me begin to think that he's looking for some type of leniency from the ref, judges, audience, etc...maybe he'll make a point of Floyd using his elbows...maybe that's what he look for a pass for.

Again, I liked when Robert was quiet in the build-up. No doubt that I like trash talk, but this whole religious "I'm trying to win you guys over" approach, is killing me. His dad is acting like the biggest heathen in the world...and it's VERY entertaining! LOL

Come out strong and poised Robert...let's leave this "religious fallback plan just in case I lose" method alone.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:25 PM