Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Hopkins - Trinidad

Hopkins- Tarver

Hopkins -Pascal- both fights

Ward- Dawson

Hearns -Virgil Hill (great win on Hearns resume)

Barkley- Hearns

Duran- barkley- (former light weight Duran beat the shit out of big rugged Middleweight)

mayweather- Corrales

Mayweather- Hatton

Pryor Arguello (both fights put Pryor in perspective)

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Feb 20 2013, 06:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 20 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 20 2013, 01:57 PM) *
1. pavlik had the flu and came up to 170.

2. tito was shot against winky.

3. pazienza was several weight classes and several years past his prime.

4. toney had the flu against roy....and really, roy didn't do much in that fight.

1. Garbage, he made no excuses and even if he was healthy he still would've have lost because he did not have the skills to deal with BHop.
2. BS, that was only the 2nd fight Tito lost, he just didn't have the skills to deal with Winky no more than he did vs BHop.
3. True enough but even if he had been at his prime and in the appropriate weight class he still would've gotten dominated.
4. Toney did not have the flu, he was drained from all the weight fluctuationing and having to lose a vast amount of weight in such a short time.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 20 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 20 2013, 12:22 AM) *
I guess you could do Martinez Pavlic as well, ever since that fight Martinez hasn't slowed down. Hope Pavlic doesn't read this, it definitely won't bring his morale up.

Yep, seems like fighters turn in memorable moments when he's across the ring from them

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 20 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 20 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Hopkins - Trinidad

Hopkins- Tarver

Hopkins -Pascal- both fights

Ward- Dawson

Hearns -Virgil Hill (great win on Hearns resume)

Barkley- Hearns

Duran- barkley- (former light weight Duran beat the shit out of big rugged Middleweight)

mayweather- Corrales

Mayweather- Hatton

Pryor Arguello (both fights put Pryor in perspective)

I'd say Ward/Dawson/Froch/Kessler AND Bika. Ward has a string of em under his belt now. Thats a helluva freaking resume. He's the f'n new man...

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Feb 20 2013, 09:22 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 21 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 20 2013, 09:34 PM) *
Yep, seems like fighters turn in memorable moments when he's across the ring from them

Yea, everyone except jermain lol.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 20 2013, 01:54 PM) *
Bowe/Holyfield - Riddick at his best. Too bad he never showed the same effort again...

Cotto/Mosley - To me that was MC's coming out party...

Good list Mit!

Those Bowe/Holyfield wars were CRAZY! Bowe was just too much for Evander, but he still fought like a champ all the way through.

I'm warming up more and more to Cotto/Mosley nowadays. That's when I discovered just how quick Cotto's hands were in that fight...well, how quick they were against a quick fighter. Cotto was punching WITH Shane, which was a surprise to me at the time. Nonetheless, a great bout!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 21 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 20 2013, 08:22 PM) *
1. Garbage, he made no excuses and even if he was healthy he still would've have lost because he did not have the skills to deal with BHop.
2. BS, that was only the 2nd fight Tito lost, he just didn't have the skills to deal with Winky no more than he did vs BHop.
3. True enough but even if he had been at his prime and in the appropriate weight class he still would've gotten dominated.
4. Toney did not have the flu, he was drained from all the weight fluctuationing and having to lose a vast amount of weight in such a short time.

1. of course he didn't make excuses. he's not that type of fighter....but it was reported. i'm not making it up. and at 170....the weight hopkins started his career at...and a weight that pavlik never fought at...i can't help but think bhop had the advantage. had that fight been at 160...who knows? for the record, i called this bout. bhop didn't do anything i didn't expect him to do when i considered everything. not exactly a signature performance.

2. it was only his 2nd fight after a 2 yr layoff. he was as flat as an iron. anyone that has ever followed his career could see that. sure, winky looked spectacular, but that wasn't the trinidad of old. he never looked the same after the bhop loss.

3. if pazienza was in his prime...in his prime weight class...he'd still be too small for roy. only a fool would think what he did to pazienza was impressive. it's like a grown man beating up a child. not impressive.

4. again...don't kill the messenger. toney had the flu going into that fight. it was reported. roy didn't do anything spectacular in that fight.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Feb 21 2013, 03:20 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 21 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2013, 02:42 PM) *
Good list Mit!

Those Bowe/Holyfield wars were CRAZY! Bowe was just too much for Evander, but he still fought like a champ all the way through.

I'm warming up more and more to Cotto/Mosley nowadays. That's when I discovered just how quick Cotto's hands were in that fight...well, how quick they were against a quick fighter. Cotto was punching WITH Shane, which was a surprise to me at the time. Nonetheless, a great bout!

cotto mosley is one of my all time favorites, there were some bombs traded on that fight. And your completely correct, what surprised me most was cottos timing. Great fight

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:45 PM