Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lara vs. Smith and Porter vs. Malignaggi
Dolimite
post Mar 12 2014, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Lara vs. Ishe Smith: I don't get this fight at all. TMT management might want to re think this one. There is no way Smith comes close to stealing around. I think Lara may even try to stop him. Lara is trying to audition for a big Canelo showdown and this is the platform to do it. Smith is in way over his head but this is boxing and strange things have known to happen. This fight is going to be hard to watch but I will be watching.

Porter vs. Paulie: This is really going to be a good fight. Can Paulie keep Porter at bay with his jab and movement and can Porter stick to his game plan and not get discourage when Paulie makes his think? I like Porter, he showed a lot of grit against Devon. But it is hard to bet against the Magic Man, he has skill and he knows how to use it. Great match up! By the way winner gets Kell Brooks!
http://www.boxingscene.com/ibf-porter-mali...ll-brook--75554
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 12 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Lara gets a stoppage in this one Smith is way outclassed in this matchup. Lara is getting built up for sure.

Still haven't got to watch the Porter Alexander fight might give me something to do tonight. Even in his losses paulie never slacks so I expect a good scrap. From what I hear of Porter magic will be needed

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 12 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I just don't see that much potential in the TMT stable IMO. I thought maybe they had something with Mikey Bey and that WAS about it.

A good fight though with Porter-Malignaggi, but I think Porter may get the nod. I hope I'm wrong on that though.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 12 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 12 2014, 12:45 PM) *
I just don't see that much potential in the TMT stable IMO. I thought maybe they had something with Mikey Bey and that WAS about it.

A good fight though with Porter-Malignaggi, but I think Porter may get the nod. I hope I'm wrong on that though.

I get it Gambito, Italians stick together.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 12 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

the TMT stable can't live up to it's owner standard, nor should they be expected to... as long as they fight hard and give us entertaining bouts they will continue to receive dates and opportunities just like Main Events, Goosen Tudor, GSP and DBE fighters

everybody can't be GBP or Top Rematchnk

and I'm taking Lara here, but nothing wrong with Ishe being a stay busy fight until GGG, Sergio, Canelo, Cotto, Molina etc get freed up

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 12 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 12 2014, 05:17 PM) *
I get it Gambito, Italians stick together.

Ehyyyy, ohhh! Ya gotta problem with that wise guy? Huh, huh tough guy? No? Then stop breakin my balls here Dolimite! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Mar 12 2014, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post
DallasTX88
post Mar 12 2014, 07:23 PM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 14,127

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Mar 12 2014, 05:24 PM) *
the TMT stable can't live up to it's owner standard, nor should they be expected to... as long as they fight hard and give us entertaining bouts they will continue to receive dates and opportunities just like Main Events, Goosen Tudor, GSP and DBE fighters

everybody can't be GBP or Top Rematchnk

and I'm taking Lara here, but nothing wrong with Ishe being a stay busy fight until GGG, Sergio, Canelo, Cotto, Molina etc get freed up

+1 I going to co-sign your entire post with the exception on hoping Paulie get the nod. That is only because I like both fighters, and I'll be happy for which ever one of them wins. As far, as the TMT stable goes I'm glad you said what you said. Because, I feel like a lot of people(not on this particular site) project their dislike for Mayweather on to his stable of fighters. His team is just as good, or has the potential to be as good as any of those 2nd & (possibly, but not likely)3rd tier promoters you listed above. I could also add Banner, Iron Mike, SMS, Don King, etc to that list as well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 12 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Don't get the Lara-Ishe fight and Porter-Malinaggi is ok. I'm wondering what's in store for the winner of the Ishe and Lara fight..but whoever wins between porter and Paulie, I hope they destroy Kell as I think he's a mirror image of Amir in terms of his attitude. Not a fan of him and I think Devon would've beat him and I think Porter or Paulie will whip him too

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 13 2014, 02:03 AM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Why is everyone confused with TMT? Its not like Mayweather as a Promoter protects his fighter, I don't remember when or where but i know he said before that he wants his fighters to have tough fights. Which makes sense, he can't sign random no-name fighters and expect them to be stars by them vsing trash cans... The best way for them to get there name up is by beating someone credible, which none of them have done yet lol

Ishe smith went up against Carlos Molina before Lara, so its not like they are cherry picking. J'leon love shouldve lost to Rosado so the only Leverage i think Mayweather has is with the scorecards, and thats not even definite since Ishe smith still lost to Molina. I do think he's putting more effort into J'leon love and Mickey bey, but even though they both try to copy him they can't be like him.

Lara KO's smith, I've been waiting for smith to get KO'd, i feel like this moment will be his purpose for being on TMT, just to get KO'd by Lara lol.

Malinaggi vs Porter- I've seen a few parts here and there of Porter, he's good but I think a good jab would give him problems and coincidentally thats Paulies best punch. I wouldn't be surprised if Paulie got a flash KD on a counter jab when Porter does his bullrush in.

Little side note, but am I the only one who think John Molina is gonna KO the **** outta Broner? Mickey Bey was winning until that last round when the ref stopped it after he went out on his feet, I think Mickey Bey is better than Broner, looks stronger, faster, better movement and defense and still got KO'd.

Got some good fights coming, Showtime killin em!

This post has been edited by Jovi: Mar 13 2014, 02:03 AM

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Mar 13 2014, 02:34 AM
Post #10

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Lara gets the win and Paulie avoids Porters damaging punches for the win.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:36 PM