IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senior: I'm the best trainer, I did nothing wrong.... Lil Floyd needs a reality check
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 1 2011, 05:23 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Had to sort that one for you mate. We all know Chad doesnt make decisions.

Finding the dog in Chad Dawson will take more than turning up late for training cos KFC done fucked up your order and you spilled your kool aid in a coughing fit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 31 2011, 10:09 PM) *
His most famous pupil came to a long long long way from finished.

his most famous pupil had already been a champion. he's improved under freddies watch, no doubt.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 31 2011, 10:11 PM) *
I agree with you about Floyd sr wanting a more active role in his son's life. I think his intentions are god but when he srtarts spewing that "I made you, I'm the best" bullshit , nobody wantsvto be around him and that includes his son. They both obviously love one another but I think their competitive nature combined with Sr.'s absence is a recipe for instant arguments. He definitely wants a bigger rolenin his son's life but how he does it is wrong.

it reminds me of roy jones and his pops. another jr/sr combination in boxing. roy claims he lost the 3rd tarver bout because he didn't want his pops to get any credit. their relationship was less publicized...but definitely not good.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Sep 1 2011, 12:47 AM) *
The fight is their own business, I won't judge because god knows I'm not perfect and these guys are out there walking the walk, so they can talk the talk if they like.

That said, Floyd Sr is over-rated I think. From DLH leaving Alcazar to work with him, DLH became a fairy hitting, philly shell 'shell' of his former self. His stand-up, power punching, boxing style was far more suited to his natural abilities and was schooled in him since his amateur days. He isn't a fluid mover like Floyd and never should have adopted that style.

What else has Floyd Sr ever done? Hatton we never really got to see the fruits of their labour but I imagine it would have been poor given Hatton again required his own style and the trainer should adapt to that.

Freddie Roach is a gun trainer, but why do you think he selects fighters so carefully? He needs his training methodology to match with the fighters natural talent. If not, like Chavez Jr, he won't train them in that mould and will try to adapt, which is not his strong point in coaching.

i think floyd sr extended dlh's career. had he kept fighting the way he was...he would have been ko'd a lot sooner than the bhop fight. vargas would have ko'd him if it wasn't for that shoulder rolling. look at dlh's fights without floyd sr. he looked like a robot against floyd jr and pac.

floyd sr created floyd jr and gave him the foundation for what he is today.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 05:10 AM) *
The one guy I would've liked to see Senior continue with was Chad Dawson. I think Chad is the kinda guy who needs his ass kicked, someone who will find the dog in him. Unfortunately Chad took the easy option and dropped him.

Agree with others, certain trainers suit certain fighters. In this case Senior improves Dawson. Likewise he coulda worked with Hatton for a hundred years and not changed him at all.

ppl forget but floyd sr worked with francisco bojado briefly and that kid was looking very good with him. i've been fortunate enough to be in the gym with floyd sr and i can say that the man definitely knows his boxing. i agree that he was good for chad but the problem is...dawson changes trainers like he changes underwear. from my understanding...he's trained with gaspar ortega, john scully, floyd sr, eddie mustafa...and now manny steward. from what i'm told, he had 7 different trainers before manny. he looked best with floyd sr. if he comes to fight bhop the way he looked in his last fight, he's going to lose.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 1 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 06:13 AM) *

Finding the dog in Chad Dawson will take more than turning up late for training cos KFC done fucked up your order and you spilled your kool aid in a coughing fit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Dammit man! Had to step out of the office to get that laugh out!!!

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Sep 1 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #27

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 09:49 AM) *
What an incredibly grounded, even-tempered fellow that Floyd Senior. Greatest trainer of all time, no doubt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

This... sarcasm and all.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 1 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 2 2011, 06:24 AM) *
his most famous pupil had already been a champion. he's improved under freddies watch, no doubt.

He was a crude one handed slugger who bears zero resemblance the fighter he is today. Lot's of people have titles, very few make it on to the p4p lists.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 1 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 06:13 AM) *

i could see Sr having a mitt on one hand and a drumstick in the other and trying to work the pads with Dawson.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 1 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 1 2011, 05:46 PM) *
i could see Sr having a mitt on one hand and a drumstick in the other and trying to work the pads with Dawson.

No, I believe No-Doz would be of perfect assistance while training Dawson!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:58 AM