> Pac vs. Bradley... Again
checkleft
post Jan 9 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 10:12 PM) *
Million dollar question: can Melo and Rose coexist?

I thought the million dollar question would if rose could stay healthy enough for us to find out.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 8 2014, 10:38 PM) *
Thibs' system would be a great fit for Carmelo and the Bulls have enough great defenders to mask his defensive flaws. Why wouldn't they coexist? Anybody whose seen derrick play in college and in HS knows he likes to defer something I cant'say for many other top dawgs in the league

thibs tenure may be in jeopardy, but even without rose he is a master of getting the most out of all of his players, he and Melo could be deadly.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 10:36 AM) *
There's a rumor going around that Bradley is pricing himself out of the fight with Pacquiao. I know in an interview he did he said that he was guaranteed x amount of money if a rematch took place. And that any negotiations would have to start there before anything would be agreed to or the fight wouldn't happen

Bradley isn't going to lay down anymore, If there was a guarantee I doubt he let's it slide. Especially since pac isn't the draw they thought he would remain to be
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 9 2014, 06:03 PM) *
I thought the million dollar question would if rose could stay healthy enough for us to find out.

thibs tenure may be in jeopardy, but even without rose he is a master of getting the most out of all of his players, he and Melo could be deadly.

Bradley isn't going to lay down anymore, If there was a guarantee I doubt he let's it slide. Especially since pac isn't the draw they thought he would remain to be

I don't know where you hear this stuff from but most of it is fantasy. Like really, Alice in Wonderland shit. Thibs and the front office don't get along everyone knows that but they are nowhere near firing him. Who would they hire to replace him? He's one of the best coaches in the league and he's still doing a great job despite the current predicament. I'm here in Chicago and our own media hasn't heard jack about his job being in jeopardy

Like that alleged remark about derrick not wanting to be apart of rebuilding, that came from the NY post and Derrick, come to find out didn't say it. It was his obese brother who wants more power and knows he won't get it. Chicago is different, the only reliable sources are from the beat writers and a few blog dudes here like KC Johnson and Sam Aggy, if it's not from them then it ain't credible. Everything I've seen that's been false has come from shitty media outlets or websites. I knew Deng was gone when KC reported it, just like Hinrich may get traded to Golden State, when it comes from them we know it's real. The Bulls aren't like other teams, they keep shit underwraps. Sam Aggy, is the one who gets the real rumor and scoops, everybody else going after headlines

Derrick will be fine, too much stuff gets over-hyped nowadays. People need to worry about CP3 and Kyrie, their more injury prone then Rose

He shouldn't let it slide, why get lowballed and possibly screwed in the fight. Gotta give credit to this guy

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 9 2014, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 10 2014, 03:00 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 08:42 PM) *
I don't know where you hear this stuff from but most of it is fantasy. Like really, Alice in Wonderland shit. Thibs and the front office don't get along everyone knows that but they are nowhere near firing him. Who would they hire to replace him? He's one of the best coaches in the league and he's still doing a great job despite the current predicament. I'm here in Chicago and our own media hasn't heard jack about his job being in jeopardy

Like that alleged remark about derrick not wanting to be apart of rebuilding, that came from the NY post and Derrick, come to find out didn't say it. It was his obese brother who wants more power and knows he won't get it. Chicago is different, the only reliable sources are from the beat writers and a few blog dudes here like KC Johnson and Sam Aggy, if it's not from them then it ain't credible. Everything I've seen that's been false has come from shitty media outlets or websites. I knew Deng was gone when KC reported it, just like Hinrich may get traded to Golden State, when it comes from them we know it's real. The Bulls aren't like other teams, they keep shit underwraps. Sam Aggy, is the one who gets the real rumor and scoops, everybody else going after headlines

Derrick will be fine, too much stuff gets over-hyped nowadays. People need to worry about CP3 and Kyrie, their more injury prone then Rose

He shouldn't let it slide, why get lowballed and possibly screwed in the fight. Gotta give credit to this guy

See the thing is if the bulls aren't going for Melo and really are rebuilding it would be smart to get rid of thibs. He is the type of coach that makes decent to below average teams overachieve. Plus they don't have the assets (other than an injured rose, which will never happen) to trade for high picks ect.. I like thibs though but he seems pretty bummed they traded his personal favorite player, if he actually had to coach that pos bynum he may have resigned already Lmao.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 10 2014, 03:01 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 10 2014, 10:07 AM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 10 2014, 02:00 AM) *
See the thing is if the bulls aren't going for Melo and really are rebuilding it would be smart to get rid of thibs. He is the type of coach that makes decent to below average teams overachieve. Plus they don't have the assets (other than an injured rose, which will never happen) to trade for high picks ect.. I like thibs though but he seems pretty bummed they traded his personal favorite player, if he actually had to coach that pos bynum he may have resigned already Lmao.

How do you know the Bulls aren't going for Melo? Chicago is not like other cities where people want attention and just leak shit to be popular. If it doesn't come from inside then it's not true. The guy has said he'd welcome playing here and his wife has said she wants him to play here if he doesn't want to re-sign with NY. And I heard this from both of them on Chicago radio

Gibson, Noah..the Bulls have plenty of assets. if they didn't then why are teams inquiring about them and Hinrich and Augustin. We have assets. Due to my unfortunate time working for the bears I understand the cap, contracts, etc. Did you not see that we have Charlotte's 1st rd pick, unprotected. So if they are in the lottery the Bulls can take that pick this year or next. They cleared $15mil off the books by getting rid of that overpaid Deng and dumping Bynum. They have an expiring contract in a player that's looking good in Dunleavy and can trade or get a $5mil tax exemption like they did when they traded Korver. Then you amnesty Boozer, which by some is expected this offseason. Then the fact that the Bulls have 3 picks from the Cavs, anything past #10. I think the Bulls are good lol. I hate their management but their good. they don't have to trade for a high pick when they own picks from multiple teams. We good over here lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 10 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 9 2014, 02:14 PM) *
On purpose? That's what I think

Not really, because it was "said" that he was guaranteed $10M in a rematch...that was before the controversial win even took place. Again, it was "said"...nothing really concrete. The part that kills me though, is Bradley expecting that much money, when there isn't $10M worth of shit that happened between him and Pac over the past two years.

Bradley had that exciting Ruslan fight and he boxed JMM to death, but in the meantime, Pac got KO'd and took damn near a year off, JUST to come back and fight Rios in China and hurt his PPV numbers even more than they've been hurting.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 06:08 PM) *
I wonder what the number is that he was guaranteed in the rematch and what he's trying to get now....Bradley may just be trying to get 2 solid fights and then bail. Can we blame him if that's the case?

He "said" $10M, but shit, the first fight didn't sell well....for it to be a Pac fight. Notice, Arum barely raised a finger to promote that fight...that's when Pac was in limbo about a lot of stuff and really didn't fight like that anymore.

Shhhh....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/secret.gif) ...the Bradley fight was signed before the 3rd Marquez fight even took place, but what's even funnier, as we all know...Pac and JMM were doing an interview together shortly (a week or two) before he stepped in the ring with Mosley, so we knew where that was going. Floyd had just made a whopping $32M just a month before the Bradley fight, so Bob already knew that Manny was going to ask for more money after he beat a "slick black" undefeated fighter...having the world think that a Floyd fight was on the horizon for the end of the year.

On top of that, Manny wasn't as motivated to fight, so he fucked himself in that one, by fighting 30-45 seconds per round...that was all Manny. With that in mind, the "loss" and lack of promotion (which led to those not-so-great PPV numbers) was a viable reason for Bob to say, "Hey kid, there's not enough money out there to pay you (insert amount that Manny asked for), you just lost your last fight, and the numbers didn't so well".

Of course Manny doesn't ask many questions, so it would've stopped right there. Bob kept him honest all the way through that situation, though it appeared that he was trying to "see him through it" by bringing up Manny's marital problems and all. Hell, they even disagreed with where his next fight would take place, in the post-fight presser.

Moving on, I find it even funnier that the Rios fight was in serious talks before the Alvarado rematch even took place, and out of all people to call out after the first Alvarado fight, Rios called out Pac. I wouldn't look much into it from that standpoint, but the way Arum's fighters sound when they say some groundbreaking shit, sounds so rehearsed and "discussed"...as in Bob discussing it with them before the first bell of their current fight.

Rios was supposed to fight Manny in April '13, Marquez was supposed to Bradley, and that Alvarado was supposed to fight Vargas...that shit went ALL wrong...poor Vargas and poor Alvarado. Let's be real, Alvarado isn't marketable, at best, he's a decent co-feature on PPV card, but that's it. Having Alvarado in the mix and him "boxing" so well in the rematch, screwed everything up again...hence why Mike was thrown to the wolves in the Ruslan fight.

He lost BAD in that fight...no way in hell they could've made it controversial and gotten him back into the mix...because getting him OUT of the mix was the plan. Throw out Alvarado, wiggle Jessie Vargas back in the mix (which will happen this year), and brainwash another fighter into signing with TR (we ALL know who that'll end up being).

Vicious cycle my friend, but the sad thing is, people pay too much attention to the guys at the forefront (Pac, JMM, Bradley, Rios), when the back end guys (Alvarado, Ruslan, Vargas, etc) are there to create upsets, take the fall (Alvarado and Vargas), and ultimately get deleted if they ruin things. Remember that shit that Bradley pulled at the end of 2012 with not wanting to take that $2.5M for a Peterson rematch (when Lamont was a free agent)?

Peterson was supposed to be pulled into the mix to ultimately match up and build up Vargas (and Bob was gonna "talk away" all of Lamont's drug issues to the public...the same way he blew off the Magarito plaster issue), but Bradley fucked it up...hence why he almost got wiped away by Provodnikov last March...which again, fucked up a lot of other things.

Juan was being an asshole (not wanting to fight Manny again, and talking about retirement (read: give me an easy fight for big money since I knocked out your cash cow), so he gave him Bradley...a not-so-easy and less marketable fight, lol. Now...Juan cant come back and ask for that crazy money that he wanted (though he would've only got about $7M at best), because he lost a "close" decision (read: got his ass kicked) to Bradley. Hold up, wait..."close" and/or "controversial" means "you're still in the mix, but now you gotta take the money that I give you".

I just said too much...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jan 10 2014, 11:21 AM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Good fight and one that needs to happen. These are 2 of the best fighters in the loaded 140-147 pound divisions and the controversy surrounding the first fight is enough reason for me to see it the 2nd time.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 10 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2014, 07:55 AM) *
Not really, because it was "said" that he was guaranteed $10M in a rematch...that was before the controversial win even took place. Again, it was "said"...nothing really concrete. The part that kills me though, is Bradley expecting that much money, when there isn't $10M worth of shit that happened between him and Pac over the past two years.

Bradley had that exciting Ruslan fight and he boxed JMM to death, but in the meantime, Pac got KO'd and took damn near a year off, JUST to come back and fight Rios in China and hurt his PPV numbers even more than they've been hurting.

He "said" $10M, but shit, the first fight didn't sell well....for it to be a Pac fight. Notice, Arum barely raised a finger to promote that fight...that's when Pac was in limbo about a lot of stuff and really didn't fight like that anymore.

Shhhh....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/secret.gif) ...the Bradley fight was signed before the 3rd Marquez fight even took place, but what's even funnier, as we all know...Pac and JMM were doing an interview together shortly (a week or two) before he stepped in the ring with Mosley, so we knew where that was going. Floyd had just made a whopping $32M just a month before the Bradley fight, so Bob already knew that Manny was going to ask for more money after he beat a "slick black" undefeated fighter...having the world think that a Floyd fight was on the horizon for the end of the year.

On top of that, Manny wasn't as motivated to fight, so he fucked himself in that one, by fighting 30-45 seconds per round...that was all Manny. With that in mind, the "loss" and lack of promotion (which led to those not-so-great PPV numbers) was a viable reason for Bob to say, "Hey kid, there's not enough money out there to pay you (insert amount that Manny asked for), you just lost your last fight, and the numbers didn't so well".

Of course Manny doesn't ask many questions, so it would've stopped right there. Bob kept him honest all the way through that situation, though it appeared that he was trying to "see him through it" by bringing up Manny's marital problems and all. Hell, they even disagreed with where his next fight would take place, in the post-fight presser.

Moving on, I find it even funnier that the Rios fight was in serious talks before the Alvarado rematch even took place, and out of all people to call out after the first Alvarado fight, Rios called out Pac. I wouldn't look much into it from that standpoint, but the way Arum's fighters sound when they say some groundbreaking shit, sounds so rehearsed and "discussed"...as in Bob discussing it with them before the first bell of their current fight.

Rios was supposed to fight Manny in April '13, Marquez was supposed to Bradley, and that Alvarado was supposed to fight Vargas...that shit went ALL wrong...poor Vargas and poor Alvarado. Let's be real, Alvarado isn't marketable, at best, he's a decent co-feature on PPV card, but that's it. Having Alvarado in the mix and him "boxing" so well in the rematch, screwed everything up again...hence why Mike was thrown to the wolves in the Ruslan fight.

He lost BAD in that fight...no way in hell they could've made it controversial and gotten him back into the mix...because getting him OUT of the mix was the plan. Throw out Alvarado, wiggle Jessie Vargas back in the mix (which will happen this year), and brainwash another fighter into signing with TR (we ALL know who that'll end up being).

Vicious cycle my friend, but the sad thing is, people pay too much attention to the guys at the forefront (Pac, JMM, Bradley, Rios), when the back end guys (Alvarado, Ruslan, Vargas, etc) are there to create upsets, take the fall (Alvarado and Vargas), and ultimately get deleted if they ruin things. Remember that shit that Bradley pulled at the end of 2012 with not wanting to take that $2.5M for a Peterson rematch (when Lamont was a free agent)?

Peterson was supposed to be pulled into the mix to ultimately match up and build up Vargas (and Bob was gonna "talk away" all of Lamont's drug issues to the public...the same way he blew off the Magarito plaster issue), but Bradley fucked it up...hence why he almost got wiped away by Provodnikov last March...which again, fucked up a lot of other things.

Juan was being an asshole (not wanting to fight Manny again, and talking about retirement (read: give me an easy fight for big money since I knocked out your cash cow), so he gave him Bradley...a not-so-easy and less marketable fight, lol. Now...Juan cant come back and ask for that crazy money that he wanted (though he would've only got about $7M at best), because he lost a "close" decision (read: got his ass kicked) to Bradley. Hold up, wait..."close" and/or "controversial" means "you're still in the mix, but now you gotta take the money that I give you".

I just said too much...

Bro, you are posting a lot, Mrs. Cshel must be out of town! Good for you and enjoy it.

Your post is on point. Just add, the problem with all this is, Manny! If this dude just takes his career in his own damn hands and demands the shit that he want then this conversation is null and void. Dude has said he want to rematch Bradley.... Freddie and the rest of the sheep are saying no, he already beat Bradley there is no need for a rematch, instead, give us Mayweather's last five opponents and we can beat the shit out of them and demand a Mayweather fight. Manny's lack of interest in his own career is amazing. He owes everyone money and he isn't even trying to market himself. How can this guy be a leader of a country when he shows such little interest in the career that made him a god in his country and beloved idol around the world? He wants to fight JMM, but JMM is saying fuck ya'll, I know already know the deal. My hope would be Pac finally speaks up for himself and tells his promoter and trainer to STFU and from here on out I will do the talking.

I think Bradley wants respect more than anything. the guy beat a Ruslan, Pac and now JMM and people still piss and shit when they hear his name. Sad

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 10 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 10 2014, 10:21 AM) *
Good fight and one that needs to happen. These are 2 of the best fighters in the loaded 140-147 pound divisions and the controversy surrounding the first fight is enough reason for me to see it the 2nd time.

2 best fighters or 2 of the best fighters?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 10 2014, 12:37 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2014, 09:55 AM) *

I just said too much...

Damn, this is very plausible. Never looked at it that way

I'm wondering when they plan on announcing his next opponent. They need time to activate the sponsorships and put together the press tour, and of course the fighters need to train for the fight. Maybe Guerrero really is in the mix to land the fight. Either way whoever Pacquiao fights I don't see strong PPV numbers rolling in

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 10 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #40

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2014, 12:15 PM) *
Bro, you are posting a lot, Mrs. Cshel must be out of town! Good for you and enjoy it.

Your post is on point. Just add, the problem with all this is, Manny! If this dude just takes his career in his own damn hands and demands the shit that he want then this conversation is null and void. Dude has said he want to rematch Bradley.... Freddie and the rest of the sheep are saying no, he already beat Bradley there is no need for a rematch, instead, give us Mayweather's last five opponents and we can beat the shit out of them and demand a Mayweather fight. Manny's lack of interest in his own career is amazing. He owes everyone money and he isn't even trying to market himself. How can this guy be a leader of a country when he shows such little interest in the career that made him a god in his country and beloved idol around the world? He wants to fight JMM, but JMM is saying fuck ya'll, I know already know the deal. My hope would be Pac finally speaks up for himself and tells his promoter and trainer to STFU and from here on out I will do the talking.

I think Bradley wants respect more than anything. the guy beat a Ruslan, Pac and now JMM and people still piss and shit when they hear his name. Sad

The old lady is chillin'...at her spot...I needed some "me time" before I have to end up body slamming her. You know how a woman is so "excited" about being with you and showing you off (because that's what they do), that they try to prioritize your schedule (read: Finding out what THEY feel is important in your schedule, and plotting to piss away everything else that's makes you happy and keeps your attention off of them).

I had enough of that, so I told her that I haven't been "getting paid" for moderating since I haven't online in a while...in her mind, this moderating stuff pays for our dates...so she's been "letting me work". On top of that, I haven't been doing shit at work, so here I am fellas! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It's a sad story, but at then end of the day, ALL of this stuff circles around Pac...who's fighting who, how much money they're making, venues, sponsorship, etc. I can't even say that he lacks interest in his career, it's more of the whole, "I'll let them (his team) handle it" If he REALLY knew how much money he could be keeping, then Arum would be in some shit right now.

As Professor mentioned a while ago (about Cotto), some guys just aren't business savvy, and aren't built to run their own career. Hell, Floyd learned the game, but he couldn't have done it without Haymon. At this point, this sounds sick, but follow me...Pac is actually safer at TR.

Why? If he goes to any outside company to handle his career, then he'd be taken advantage of, on an even bigger scale. Who DOESN'T wanna work for and do business with Pacquiao??? With that in mind, there are other snakes out there who can get even bigger people to slither into Manny's earnings and take from him and REALLY leave him hanging.

Being a person that EVERYONE wants to work with, comes with a price...you have to know your worth, amongst other things...the very thing that you walked away from to begin with. Imagine if Floyd left TR, went with Haymon, and ends up getting screwed twice as bad as he did with Arum. He'd HAVE TO KNOW what he was getting himself into, before he left.

That's like those women in abusive relationships, they know what they're dealing with is fucked up, but they're afraid to leave because of some false sense of security and history with the man. If they stay long enough, they're mentally shot forever. IF they leave, it wont be long before the next guy woos her, makes her think that he's better, "understands" what she went through, and PROMISE not to put his hands on her. THAT is conditional...it may be something about her that says "hit me", or if the guy just happens to get upset, he knows for a fact that he can beat her with no consequences...since he knows her history.

This is something that Pac has to seriously think about...that's if he's even thinking about it.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:04 AM