> Adrien Broner
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2013, 01:45 PM) *
I'll let yall have this one, but I will pose the mighty question...just how long are we gonna use his age as an excuse for some of the things that he does? I agree with what you said about people being older than him, and STILL fucking up, but at some point, we all have to be accountable for what we do. I wouldn't doubt in my mind that some/most of these fighters/athletes do the same stuff that he does, but the publicizing issue, is what I believe, truly makes people scratch their heads.

You accountable at every age it don't matter but he's a kid. That's where a lot of dudes go wrong in life thinking they men at 18 and don't know shit. The older you get the better and more wiser you supposed to get. Now that don't always happen but there's no telling how Adrien will mature or unravel before our eyes. He a kid and he act like one sometimes. Don't you find it funny how hour or any athlete can be quiet for a week and then the one time they post something or something gets posted on them then general public acts like that's ALL they do. Like this dude really smokes or drinks 24/7. But because you see one video or a succession of videos over a period of time this is what they do all the time.

Athletes sign up for this kinda stuff unfortunately when they are in the lime light. People used age in college as a rain for why they acted a certain way, or in a relationship or in this or that. Age is relevant. Idk. I personally think people's hypocrisy gets in the way of the facts. His outside life hasn't effected him in 27 damn fights but yet it's a constant issue being brought up. Fuck SRL, Jordan, Rodman, and other athletes be for him who've done the same thing before him. Let's just concentrate on Broner. If he loses it be I'll be because he fought someone who had his number m. This outside stuff being talked about is irrelevant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 09:10 PM) *
You accountable at every age it don't matter but he's a kid. That's where a lot of dudes go wrong in life thinking they men at 18 and don't know shit. The older you get the better and more wiser you supposed to get. Now that don't always happen but there's no telling how Adrien will mature or unravel before our eyes. He a kid and he act like one sometimes. Don't you find it funny how hour or any athlete can be quiet for a week and then the one time they post something or something gets posted on them then general public acts like that's ALL they do. Like this dude really smokes or drinks 24/7. But because you see one video or a succession of videos over a period of time this is what they do all the time.

Athletes sign up for this kinda stuff unfortunately when they are in the lime light. People used age in college as a rain for why they acted a certain way, or in a relationship or in this or that. Age is relevant. Idk. I personally think people's hypocrisy gets in the way of the facts. His outside life hasn't effected him in 27 damn fights but yet it's a constant issue being brought up. Fuck SRL, Jordan, Rodman, and other athletes be for him who've done the same thing before him. Let's just concentrate on Broner. If he loses it be I'll be because he fought someone who had his number m. This outside stuff being talked about is irrelevant

I just think that he needs somebody in his corner, to be the one to tell him what to do and what not to do. I mean shit, being a father of 5 at the age of 23, doesn't leave you much room to use the "Im young" excuse, even if you are mentally. The guy IS young, but he's young with money, and even the smartest person in the world (not literally), can be driven to do dumb shit when they have money.

It's not the money that makes you do stupid shit, its the environment that comes along with that. Last week, I was hurting (financially) because of some truly unexpected expenses that literally killed my little savings account. Had you told me how to live last week, I would've done it all. Now that I got paid today, Im a raging retard...you cant tell me shit this week! Lol

With that in mind, if Broner has people "supporting" him and looking out for his best interest, then that needs to be questioned...especially if he's their source of income. Those people (read: yes men) typically dont speak up, out of fear of being let go and ruining their lively hood.

I said all of that to say, Broner can be perceived in two ways...a 23 year old father of 5 from the ghetto, who excels in boxing and changes his ways (at least in front of the camera). OR...he could be the 23 father of 5 from the ghetto, who shamelessly engages in bafoonery, and uses boxing as a vehicle (read: financially) to do so. Somebody should've been in this dude's ear, especially after that first or second child of his.

In my opinion, people can live how they want, I never disputed that, never will. I agree with what you said about an athlete being quiet, but as soon as they do something outta the way, the world just loses it. That's how the revolves man...nobody notices when you do things right, but as soon as you fuck up...Lol

I also agree that there's a level of hypocrisy, isn't there always? I've heard MANY stories about Manny and his partying days, from drinking, wild parties, cheating on his wife, gambling, illegitimate children, etc. His stuff is swept under the rug, with the exception of Roach's "concerns", which only serve as selling points for his fights.

I disagree with you saying that we should just say, "Fuck SRL, Jordan, Rodman, Magic, etc, and focus on Broner". These guys may have done the same shit as Broner, but there stuff wasn't publicized like this. For fuck's sake, Magic got HIV out of the whole deal...we cant say that dude was a saint, off the court. Lol (I laugh because that dude aint got no damn HIV).

The thing is, Broner just stands to be criticized more. If you're as talented as he is, you're not supposed to be seen these taboo things, but shit, Floyd is JUST as dedicated as Broner and isn't seen doing half the stuff he's doing, and people still dislike him...so I guess its a "pick your poison" type of situation.

I'd much rather hear about Broner's antics by way of a BOOK, which Im sure he'd sell the hell out of. Hell, most of the stuff that these guys did back in the day, is being revealed in books nowadays, if it already hasn't.

So yes, we cant talk about Broner, without talking about these guys. Had it not been for them (the boxers), then no one would even care about Broner. History repeats itself, and we've seen it too often in the sport. Broner being 23 with 5 kids and no type of self control (so it appears), makes the name "Holyfield" scroll through my head. We've seen guy like Evander and Tyson live these types of lives, suffer, "grow up" (sometimes it was too late), and still get the shit end of the stick.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 1 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2013, 08:58 PM) *
I just think that he needs somebody in his corner, to be the one to tell him what to do and what not to do. I mean shit, being a father of 5 at the age of 23, doesn't leave you much room to use the "Im young" excuse, even if you are mentally. The guy IS young, but he's young with money, and even the smartest person in the world (not literally), can be driven to do dumb shit when they have money.

It's not the money that makes you do stupid shit, its the environment that comes along with that. Last week, I was hurting (financially) because of some truly unexpected expenses that literally killed my little savings account. Had you told me how to live last week, I would've done it all. Now that I got paid today, Im a raging retard...you cant tell me shit this week! Lol

With that in mind, if Broner has people "supporting" him and looking out for his best interest, then that needs to be questioned...especially if he's their source of income. Those people (read: yes men) typically dont speak up, out of fear of being let go and ruining their lively hood.

I said all of that to say, Broner can be perceived in two ways...a 23 year old father of 5 from the ghetto, who excels in boxing and changes his ways (at least in front of the camera). OR...he could be the 23 father of 5 from the ghetto, who shamelessly engages in bafoonery, and uses boxing as a vehicle (read: financially) to do so. Somebody should've been in this dude's ear, especially after that first or second child of his.

In my opinion, people can live how they want, I never disputed that, never will. I agree with what you said about an athlete being quiet, but as soon as they do something outta the way, the world just loses it. That's how the revolves man...nobody notices when you do things right, but as soon as you fuck up...Lol

I also agree that there's a level of hypocrisy, isn't there always? I've heard MANY stories about Manny and his partying days, from drinking, wild parties, cheating on his wife, gambling, illegitimate children, etc. His stuff is swept under the rug, with the exception of Roach's "concerns", which only serve as selling points for his fights.

I disagree with you saying that we should just say, "Fuck SRL, Jordan, Rodman, Magic, etc, and focus on Broner". These guys may have done the same shit as Broner, but there stuff wasn't publicized like this. For fuck's sake, Magic got HIV out of the whole deal...we cant say that dude was a saint, off the court. Lol (I laugh because that dude aint got no damn HIV).

The thing is, Broner just stands to be criticized more. If you're as talented as he is, you're not supposed to be seen these taboo things, but shit, Floyd is JUST as dedicated as Broner and isn't seen doing half the stuff he's doing, and people still dislike him...so I guess its a "pick your poison" type of situation.

I'd much rather hear about Broner's antics by way of a BOOK, which Im sure he'd sell the hell out of. Hell, most of the stuff that these guys did back in the day, is being revealed in books nowadays, if it already hasn't.

So yes, we cant talk about Broner, without talking about these guys. Had it not been for them (the boxers), then no one would even care about Broner. History repeats itself, and we've seen it too often in the sport. Broner being 23 with 5 kids and no type of self control (so it appears), makes the name "Holyfield" scroll through my head. We've seen guy like Evander and Tyson live these types of lives, suffer, "grow up" (sometimes it was too late), and still get the shit end of the stick.

I'm predicting a knockdown for Maidana in this fight and I say that because defensively he's lacking and Marcos brings the thunder with every shot. On top of that Robert Garcia just added to Marcos' style and has him more patient but I got a Broner victory because he's so skilled but I am starting to see things that concern me. Like how he got his lights turned out in sparring earlier this year and he appears a bit chubby at the moment. I think he's doing a little too much of the Roy Jones school of boxing and that's relying on your skills to get you by

And speaking of RJJ, does anyone find it crazy besides me, that he says he wants to fight Floyd at 170 lol

Now it can work and skills get you far but there has never been a time where hard work doesn't pay off. I don't care what he does outside if the ring much like the same with Floyd but he puts himself in these position to where we have to question and wonder about him. I see greatness written all over him. I wanna know whose around him that's helping him and keeping him focused. 5 damn kids. A mother still in the hood, not to mention that dumb stuff he did to get kicked up yrs ago. But through all that he's one helluva fighter, he has skills and likening said his ring IQ is very very good. But he has that diarrhea mouth and that hood mentality. I understand why people look at him with the side eye, I just call for objectivity and not judgement

I didn't mean like F them in terms of forget about them I just meant we rend to gloss over them and what they did which is the same thing he's doing. But your right because only the local media and us Chicagoans knew what Jordan was really like but Rodman shit was always on front street. Maybe Gab should make Broner hang out with him I bet that straighten his ass up quick lol...i just want to see him successful because here's a guy who's had all the odds stacked against him and he's made it and now he needs to build his legacy. But now that he's made it he needs to aft accordingly. I want to see him and Danny and others succeed but a Broner does make it hard to root for him.

You bring up Holyfield and I think I've let it be known what I think of him lmao. Another one whose done things that get swept under the rug and Broner could head that way. He parties and all those kids at such a young age. I don't care what you say 5 kids at 23? That's too young man, I'd give up my parental rights lol. It's funny because another reason I'm a big supporter of Broner is because his trainer is top notch. Stafford is a very good trainer but I'm still wondering whose keeping him focused because whose ever tasked with the assignment has failed

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 1 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #34

Light Heavyweight

I don't believe that Maidana will beat Broner. I think Broner will continue to be in for quite some time. But I pray that I get sick or I'm on vacation when Broner loses because some of yall ain't never gon let me hear the end of it lol

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Nov 1 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 31 2013, 07:37 PM) *
Hell yeah he did, many times. Look at what Rodman did and he was out literally every night. Drinking smoking and screwing chick's. that whole lifestyle thing as it pertains to being social is a myth and I hate when people use it. Every athlete is different from the next

Word look at the stuff allen iverson was doing and he still is a first ball HOF.

Yo boy hit that gamewinner last night.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 1 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #36

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 1 2013, 12:37 PM) *
Word look at the stuff allen iverson was doing and he still is a first ball HOF.

Broner could end up like AI. Drinking and smoking and even the social elements is addictive. Now Iverson been reduced to announcing his retirement when we all know he didn't want to. He still wanted to play but looking at him, he looks like the guy in front of the liquor store waiting for his drinking buddies

Derrick off to start the season but he hit it when it counted

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 1 2013, 03:29 PM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 1 2013, 01:37 PM) *

I was pissed. I'm a Knicks fan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 1 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 1 2013, 03:29 PM) *
I was pissed. I'm a Knicks fan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

Lol I secretly always liked the Knicks, even when they had Starks and Ewing but saying that out loud here will cause trouble

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:34 AM