IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Felix Trinidad vs Shane Mosley
TheFonz
post Apr 25 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

How does this go?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Apr 27 2011, 05:18 AM
Post #2

No takers? The fight is at 147, both guys undefeated. I am going with Shane by late stoppage.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 27 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

I could never see Shane bating a prime Tito.

Shane wuld stand there and trade with Tito and that wasn't the wayto beat him.

Trinidad by brutal KO in 8.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Apr 28 2011, 06:33 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 27 2011, 10:11 AM) *
I could never see Shane bating a prime Tito.

Shane wuld stand there and trade with Tito and that wasn't the wayto beat him.

Trinidad by brutal KO in 8.

Shane's quickness, chin and body work would see him through in end, IMO. He gets to Trinidad before Tito gets to him.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Apr 28 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

I love Shane, think he is a far better P4P fighter than Tito, but he is more of a LW, SLW.

He isn't a big welter and he would struggle against a prime Tito, who had more lateral movement, a good and rangy right hand (not just left hook), fitness to go the distance and constant pressure.

Give me Tito in this, who would be on the floor in the process but would have enough to beat Shane in a comfortable decision, flooring and hurting Shane in the process like Vernon did in their first encounter.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 29 2011, 04:22 AM
Post #6

Guests

This matchup popped in my mind not too long ago actually. I think it would have been an exciting fight! This fight looks similar to the 1st Mosley-De La Hoya fight but Mosley hurting Trinidad more and possibly getting a very late stoppage somewhere in the Championship rounds.

I agree Shane is more of a Lightweight but at the early years of Welterweight he was still a damn quick fighter and decent power, who as a fighter has a bit more to offer than Felix. Although Tito had great power, I don't think Tito had a good enough jab or ability to outbox Mosley to set him off his game. Shane had the energy to also go 12 rounds and I think his body work would slow the attack down on Felix. I also agree that Mosley would get the better of the exchanges and his shots would have more of an effect on Tito, than Tito's shots on Mosley.

In this fantasy matchup I think Mosley's speed kills Tito's power!

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Apr 29 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #7

Guests

Give me Mosley in this one. Generally boxers give Mosley trouble, Trinidad wouldn't have been one of those guys. Tito has power no doubt, but Mosley has a great chin. I see Mosley stopping him in the late rounds. More durable, and Tito will be there to be hit.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 29 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Trinidad.

Mostly because he would FIGHT with Trinidad and not make Tito miss with any defensive skills or lateral movement.

I look at what Forrest was able to do in that first fight and how Mosley barely survived those two moments that he was in big trouble. Tito was a little faster than Forrest, more powerful with either hand, and a real finisher when he had his guy in trouble.

Trinidad TKO 10

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Apr 29 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

One trouble, is when Shane gets scared of power, he doesn't know what to do. As per against Forrest. Even in the second fight, he hit and held.

Tito was much taller, stood up and really used his height and before he started to rely on simply power, he could actually move side to side pretty well and that straight right hand was a bit of a laser (look at the way he demolished Pea and Oba Carr amongst others).

No way in the world do I see Shanes shots having more effect on Tito than vice-versa. No doubt Shane was quicker and if he boxed and moved and prooved to be able to take Titos punch, he could win a decision, but boxing a moving was not exactly Shanes style.

I also can't see this resembling anything of DLH V Mosley 1. DLH was nowhere near as big or hard hitter as Tito (just look at them in the ring together, Oscar was way outmatched as far as power and strength hence 'chicken de la hoya'. Sure Oscar had better boxing, but a gameplan like that isn't anything I have seen from Shane before.

Think this is just a bad style match-up for Shane personally.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post May 1 2011, 06:20 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Apr 30 2011, 05:01 AM) *
One trouble, is when Shane gets scared of power, he doesn't know what to do. As per against Forrest. Even in the second fight, he hit and held.

Tito was much taller, stood up and really used his height and before he started to rely on simply power, he could actually move side to side pretty well and that straight right hand was a bit of a laser (look at the way he demolished Pea and Oba Carr amongst others).

No way in the world do I see Shanes shots having more effect on Tito than vice-versa. No doubt Shane was quicker and if he boxed and moved and prooved to be able to take Titos punch, he could win a decision, but boxing a moving was not exactly Shanes style.

I also can't see this resembling anything of DLH V Mosley 1. DLH was nowhere near as big or hard hitter as Tito (just look at them in the ring together, Oscar was way outmatched as far as power and strength hence 'chicken de la hoya'. Sure Oscar had better boxing, but a gameplan like that isn't anything I have seen from Shane before.

Think this is just a bad style match-up for Shane personally.

For the Forrest fight he was more wary than scared as he nearly got his ass KO'd in the second round of the fight which was a major wake up call for him apposed to power. Other than that Mosley has never ever been in that kind of trouble before and that was due to the fact Forrest was able to land that big clean shot early and successfully follow up instantly. Forrest was able to beat and hurt Mosley due to him being the taller fighter who had the skills to box from the outside and lands his shots. As for the second fight, Forrest was also hitting and holding just as much as Mosley. Shane came out firing with that big right-left he landed in the opening seconds, which was the manner he fought throughout, it was Mosley moving forward in the rematch.

I don't think Trinidad had the build or the boxing skills like Vernon to have the same effects that he had on Mosley. Tito would also 'fight' against Shane which may work to Mosley's advantage also, who has more skills than Trinidad.

Trinidad most defiantly has the edge in power, but that doesn't mean his shots are always going to have the bigger effect on his opponents. Mosley has a great chin and other than Forrest, no one has ever been able to have him in danger (due to above). Trinidad could not only be put to the canvas but could be hurt and Mosley had decent power himself and much quicker hands which would be a big factor in this bout.

DLH may have not been a harder hitter than Tito but he was a much better boxer who could counter well. Trinidad would have been an easier target for Shane, who may have not traded as much like he did against DLH, but he still would have got his shots in on Tito and would have held if necessary. I think it's a close fight to pick but other than maybe power I feel Mosley had a great chin to put him through the finish line of this fight. I don't think either would have an easy time against eachother, but I do think Mosley would take the close rounds on cleaner shots and have enough power to possibly stop Trinidad late.

This would have been an exciting fight for sure though.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:09 AM