IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15(PT) Rios vs. Alverado II-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #131

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 09:58 PM) *
why is it always, brawler KOs a few people, comes up against a solid boxer, gets dominated, I mean can't they learn to slip the motherfucking jab/

it's not that simple. it's about positioning...stance....timing....and a few other things. prescott is a guy that usually throws a lot more punches. crawford took so many things away from him and made him look like a harmless kitten.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #132

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 30 2013, 10:09 PM) *
Finally a good answer by Nonito.

he's changed his tune since the 'he's not worthy' bullshit. he and robert garcia know rigondeaux is no joke. i can't wait for this fight!!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #133

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 10:11 PM) *
That's what I was looking for here, lol.

I'm a bit against Donaire/Rigo. Let's be honest, Rigo has what, under 12 fights?! Now, had he had about 20 fights or so, then I wouldn't say anything about it, but damn.

I still know that Donaire will stop Rigo, but sheesh, Rigo should've been fighting once a month, just for this shot.

PS: Why does it sound like RJJ is reading to some kids on Reading Rainbow during this fight plan?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i actually liked that breakdown by roy. that's something new...and it looks good. it will sound good if roy can do it more naturally.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #134

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 10:25 PM) *
am disappointed there's no shoulder roll :/

imitation is the highest form of flattery. props to alvarado and berto for giving us their best impression of floyd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #135

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 30 2013, 10:50 PM) *
...and leaning so far forward.

bingo!!!! i don't get out something so simple can be missed by so many. sit on that back foot a little and it changes the game.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #136

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 30 2013, 10:56 PM) *
Alvarado buzzed him again! I don't understand why he doesn't go to the body after he hurts Rios, I don't give a damn how tough Brandon is supposed to be, if your hurt, those body shots will put the finishing touches on any figher

same thing i was screaming for.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #137

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 30 2013, 11:23 PM) *
I thought I was calling the rounds as fair as I could and I still couldn't see a 115-113 and especially a 114-113. How did I do guys? Do you think I was fair??

i had it 8-4 for alvarado.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #138

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 08:27 AM) *
My take on Last night's fight:

Commentators: Since HBO Cheerleaders did not have a favorite in this fight they actually did a decent job at commentating. They actually were quiet on for a few seconds to actually watch the action. They did not cheer or show favoritism in any of the fights. Maybe that is what needs to happen for here on out, they do not announce fights that they have a personal favorite in. Roy Jones is definitely losing it. One second he knew Adrien Broner's name and the next minute he was like "whatchmacall it that fighter, whatever his name is" I was like dude you just said his name. It was funny. Kellermen was wishing that Prescott would find this magical punch to put Crawford on his ass and the same with Rios and Alverado. I really do not like Kellermen. Over all they were okay. Doniare is going to get his ass handed to him, sorry.

Fans: Ignorant bastards! How do you boo Crawford and the Prescott fight! That was boxing at it finest! The kid totally took away Prescott's strength by displaying boxing skills great head movement, foot work, and a JAB! His defense lead his offense, Terrance took the fight with five days notice came up in weight and performed beautifully! How do you boo that? This is how I know people really do not know shit about boxing.

Crawford/Prescott: Great fight. This Crawford kid is going to be good. He handle himself very well in the ring with a big puncher and a experienced fighter. Prescott was taken to school and was out of the fight mentally by the 3rd round. When he saw that he could not impose his will on Crawford, Game. Set. Match. Crawford displayed a great technical skills. I always have said boxers beat brawlers all day. Crawford showed great maturity and to be honest he out performed everyone that night. His ring generalship was amazing and the fact that he had the jab working all night and setting up his big shots, this kid has talent. He will do well, except he has to get rid of Arum. I do not think he is ready for Broner, so please put that to rest, Two or three more fights with top contenders then maybe. He should move up to 140, I think he could give guys big issues in the weight class.

Rios/Alverado: Rios gassed out and could not deal with Alverado's limited foot movement. Alverado listened to his corner and kept his game plan. he was going to slug it out but realized that he could box this guy and use a simple jab to disrupt his timing. Rios took some hard shots and Alverado kept his composure. He used his wrestling background to get Rios off of him. Good fight, Rios fought one dimensional while Alverado changed up his game plan and started boxing instead of hitting home run shots. It was great to see Gernardo Hernandez's brother working the corner. These guys will do a trilogy but I think Mike will win because he can adjust where Rios just comes forward and tries to knock the guy's head off. The post fight interview Rios could of shown a little more class and let Mike has his moment to shine and too be honest Rios can't demand shit from Mike. I actually agreed with Letterman's card for the first time in my life... strange.

Ruslan and Bradley still FOYT in my opinion.

good take on the evening. totally agree with this entire post.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #139

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 31 2013, 08:09 PM) *
That's about to be another BIG problem in the sport. Boxing media have long clamored for these types of fights, but now that we get them, they will start scoring these imaginary bullshit 10-8 rounds, just because a guy is hurt.

Again, we have to stop getting so caught up in the moment of anticipating knockdowns, that we start counting 10-8 rounds that aren't even there. It happened in the Bradley/Ruslan fight and it happened in Rios/Alvarado II.

It's bad enough that we have horrible scoring in these fights, but the last thing we need is "experts" and novice boxing viewers arguing about what should've been a 10-8 round, let alone, putting in the head of others to think the same.

Lampley almost argued down dipshit Weisfield (I believe that's his name), because he didn't count rounds 1 and 2 of Bradley/Ruslan as 10-8 rounds. I was like, "Damn, this is what THIS guy saw with his own two eyes, why in the hell are you trying to make him score these rounds as 10-8 rounds? For an agenda's purpose?"

seriously...these ass clowns should just call the fight and stop trying to force their agenda on the viewers. kellerman is the worst with his..."i ask myself who would i have rather been that round?" wtf kind of bullshit is that!?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 1 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #140

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 1 2013, 07:38 PM) *
it's not that simple. it's about positioning...stance....timing....and a few other things. prescott is a guy that usually throws a lot more punches. crawford took so many things away from him and made him look like a harmless kitten.

maybe but if a guy is constantly throwing jabs at you you'd think to learn to slip it at some point in your career, I remember my coach, he was like slip the jab damn it, till I finally learnt to slip it atleast, imagine if a professional boxer who brawls could slip it and throw a left hook. I think that'd be someone worth while fighting.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:06 AM