IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> if you were a black fighter...would you sign with bob arum?
Cshel86
post Jan 3 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 2 2013, 04:14 PM) *
i think i would sign to TR over GBP but i'd join Al Haymon over anything if i had the chance, it seems evident that Top Rank is better at promoting young fighters than GBP but i also think Al Haymon is the best at promoting young black fighter and Haymon is where the money is and any fighter who signs with him has a chance at money and stardom and thats my reasoning

You're already asking for trouble Kratza, lol. Haymon and Arum despise each other, so you'd have to pick sides immediately. If Arum even thought that you'd consider Haymon for your manager, he probably make you suffer at the snap of a finger.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 2 2013, 06:31 PM) *
let's not forget...the peterson brothers were both signed with arum. they really took back seat in that company. so did zahir raheem, joshua clottey and what ever happened to that black jewish guy he promoted anthony 'the messenger' thompson?

i can't help but think that arums plans with pac/bradley failed and bradley became the casualty in all of that. i don't see any real push for him to promote bradley and i seriously doubt bradley is going to flourish under him. i hope i'm wrong...but the pattern exists.

I totally forgot that the Peterson brothers were signed with TR, and I've been watching them since 2007 in their FNFs days. The saddest part is, it looks as if they'll be going back to Arum sooner than later.

If you remember Lamont and the whole PED scandal, Hunter made it cleared that "Bob reached out us and helped", so I see Arum playing his hand in trying to promote him again, in a "return the favor" type deal.

That shit sounded all too reminiscent of Manny's situation, in which Arum played the father figure role with his career, especially after the Golden Boy nonsense. Lamont isn't dumb, but he's getting older, and I dont see many promoters checking for him.

Maybe he wants to be a free agent, but look how far it's gotten him...a $70k purse bid for a failed Judah fight negotiation. How is a guy a champion, and looks to spilt $70k? Weird.

Arum would look like the ultimate hero for reviving Peterson's reputation and career...look what he did to Margarito's career. Dude should've been banned for life, but yet, he was able to come back to the sport, fight once in Mexico, get a big payday against Manny, and a critically acclaimed rematch with Cotto. Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

I dont Bradley going too far with TR at this point. I almost felt like Lamont was about to get signed with TR again, when the rematch rumors were looming. Timmy trusted Bob a bit too much and turned down a $2.(somethin)M payday against a guy that he already beat. I mean c'mon Tim, you already beat him, fight him again. From what I've heard, Bradley has hired somebody to come in and handle this whole issue, which could lead to another litigation...something Bradley's quite familiar with. Sad thing is, he may not leave this litigation unscathed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 3 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

If Arum wanted Bradley to be the big next thing he can do it with a click of his fingers, but he doesn't so now Bradley is going nowhere till Arum dies.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 3 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2013, 03:18 PM) *
You're already asking for trouble Kratza, lol. Haymon and Arum despise each other, so you'd have to pick sides immediately. If Arum even thought that you'd consider Haymon for your manager, he probably make you suffer at the snap of a finger.

I totally forgot that the Peterson brothers were signed with TR, and I've been watching them since 2007 in their FNFs days. The saddest part is, it looks as if they'll be going back to Arum sooner than later.

If you remember Lamont and the whole PED scandal, Hunter made it cleared that "Bob reached out us and helped", so I see Arum playing his hand in trying to promote him again, in a "return the favor" type deal.

That shit sounded all too reminiscent of Manny's situation, in which Arum played the father figure role with his career, especially after the Golden Boy nonsense. Lamont isn't dumb, but he's getting older, and I dont see many promoters checking for him.

Maybe he wants to be a free agent, but look how far it's gotten him...a $70k purse bid for a failed Judah fight negotiation. How is a guy a champion, and looks to spilt $70k? Weird.

Arum would look like the ultimate hero for reviving Peterson's reputation and career...look what he did to Margarito's career. Dude should've been banned for life, but yet, he was able to come back to the sport, fight once in Mexico, get a big payday against Manny, and a critically acclaimed rematch with Cotto. Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

I dont Bradley going too far with TR at this point. I almost felt like Lamont was about to get signed with TR again, when the rematch rumors were looming. Timmy trusted Bob a bit too much and turned down a $2.(somethin)M payday against a guy that he already beat. I mean c'mon Tim, you already beat him, fight him again. From what I've heard, Bradley has hired somebody to come in and handle this whole issue, which could lead to another litigation...something Bradley's quite familiar with. Sad thing is, he may not leave this litigation unscathed.

petersons would have been better served with haymon...but haymon's roster is deep in the 140-147 bracket. going back to arum may be his best option. he'll play second fiddle to who ever bob has at that weight. i wouldn't be shocked if bob uses him to revive pacquiao's career.

arum is a harvard educated lawyer....there's no way in hell timmeh is coming out of that situation with anything but the short end of the stick. when bob said that bradley thought he lost and said so to bob...and timmy came back and called him a liar and said he didn't say that...i knew that was the beginning of the end. hopefully someone close to the situation explains to him how this works. more than likely he'll have to kiss bob's ass publicly the way nonito did to get back into his good graces. at least nonito had his wife to blame. wait...maybe timmeh can do the same!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 3 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 3 2013, 03:33 PM) *
If Arum wanted Bradley to be the big next thing he can do it with a click of his fingers, but he doesn't so now Bradley is going nowhere till Arum dies.

damn.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jan 3 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

wasn't roy jones independent?

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jan 3 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 3 2013, 07:53 PM) *
petersons would have been better served with haymon...but haymon's roster is deep in the 140-147 bracket. going back to arum may be his best option. he'll play second fiddle to who ever bob has at that weight. i wouldn't be shocked if bob uses him to revive pacquiao's career.

arum is a harvard educated lawyer....there's no way in hell timmeh is coming out of that situation with anything but the short end of the stick. when bob said that bradley thought he lost and said so to bob...and timmy came back and called him a liar and said he didn't say that...i knew that was the beginning of the end. hopefully someone close to the situation explains to him how this works. more than likely he'll have to kiss bob's ass publicly the way nonito did to get back into his good graces. at least nonito had his wife to blame. wait...maybe timmeh can do the same!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

but didn't oscar, floyd, and cotto leave arum?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 3 2013, 08:54 PM) *
wasn't roy jones independent?

yes and so was bhop. it's a big part of why both receive criticism for their opposition at times.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 3 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 3 2013, 08:56 PM) *
but didn't oscar, floyd, and cotto leave arum?

oscar and cotto let their contracts expire and walked away. easy for them to do considering the level they were at.

floyd had to buy out his contract.

i don't know the terms of bradley's contract...but i do know the ink has barely dried on it. it'll probably be some time before he can walk away. i think he's going to be shelved.

on a different note....gbp doesn't seem to be much better judging from the story james kirkland is telling.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jan 3 2013, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jan 3 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #29

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM) *
yes and so was bhop. it's a big part of why both receive criticism for their opposition at times.

is that why those guys weren't ppv fighters?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 3 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 3 2013, 10:15 PM) *
is that why those guys weren't ppv fighters?

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 3 2013, 09:40 PM) *
yes and so was bhop. it's a big part of why both received criticism for their opposition at times.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

they didn't do big ppv numbers...but they were definitely ppv caliber fighters in my mind. i think bhop did his biggest numbers with trinidad. not sure what roys biggest ppv fight was...maybe ruiz?

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jan 3 2013, 09:52 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 12:01 PM