IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather vs cotto 2, are the fans interested?
daprofessor
post May 7 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i get the feeling pac/may ain't happening once bradley demolishes pac. i don't think arum will match timmy with floyd either. i think may/canelo should be his last fight and i also believe martinez is too big for floyd. so who's that leave? i'd like to see the rematch. their styles will always make for a great match up. they should do this before the year is over. i'm sure they did great numbers...and will do well in a rematch. anyone else interested besides me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 7 2012, 08:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 7 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

i wouldn't mind but not in the immediate future

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: May 7 2012, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post
bMaK
post May 7 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,682

I wouldn't mind it. Not because it was at all in question, but because it was a really good fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Wouldn't mind at all. I'll put it this way, Cotto looked good losing...which always makes for better fights in the future. By the way he fought, he further validated Floyd's point about him being considered an undefeated fighter. He lost to an obvious cheater in Margarito and the catchweight looked to have hurt him in the Pac fight.

As far as Im concerned, I believe that Floyd REALLY wanted to say that Cotto lost to TWO cheaters, but Im sure he thought twice about saying that Manny was juiced up while taping the Face-Off. Notice, he didn't hesitate to allude to the fact that Manny was on something as the fight drew closer.

Point is, Cotto did better than most expected, even though he clearly lost the fight. I wouldn't mind watching it again because he fought like an udefeated fighter, though his record and past fights prove that he was on his last leg in the sport.

Honestly, Miguel has nothing to lose at this point of his career, and Im sure that drove him to fight like he did. Dude fought like he didn't give a fuck...and I LOVED it! Him not doing an interview or attending the presser afterwards, heightens curiosity and many questions, which to me, is already new material for a possible rematch!

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post May 7 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

I think Floyd wins a rematch easily. He went into the fight with a messed up hand/wrist and a cold and still was able to pull off a convincing win despite being tested in every round. I have a feeling a rematch would be similar to that of his second fight with Jose Louis Castillo. Mayweather knows what type of fighter Cotto is now and that actually plays into his hands..theres a possibility if they did have a second fight that it wouldn't go the distance. Just my thoughts..

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post May 7 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

I would definitely want to see it, because I think Mayweather knows what to do this time to get him out of there, and hopefully miguel would go balls to wall in an effort not to get dropped.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post May 7 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

I dont think this fight makes sence for Floyd. If the damage he took in the fight is an indicator of him now being 35, he doesnt need that type of abuse, even in winning a fight convincingly. With a Pac fight out there Floyd needs to minimize any damage done between now and then

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

i would love to see the rematch. it was the fight i expected. both have plenty of room for improvement. i scored it 8-4 for floyd...but i don't know the rematch would be easier. if floyds hand was indeed hurt...and he did have a cold....sure he can do better but i see some immediate fixes for cotto that would totally change the scheme of things. floyds right still looked as sharp as ever. i didn't like cotto's defense against it. i think the rematch plays out similarly. much like marquez and pac....miguels style will always give floyd problems. he is capable of applying intelligent pressure and at this stage of the game, floyd would not be able to stay on the outside the whole fight. the excuse of him carrying extra weight is not legit either because floyd said he went into the fight at 147. i would be more interested in the rematch than any other fight out there now, pac included.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 7 2012, 09:21 PM) *
I dont think this fight makes sence for Floyd. If the damage he took in the fight is an indicator of him now being 35, he doesnt need that type of abuse, even in winning a fight convincingly. With a Pac fight out there Floyd needs to minimize any damage done between now and then

i think after june 6th....pac will be an afterthought.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 7 2012, 09:21 PM) *
With a Pac fight out there Floyd needs to minimize any damage done between now and then

I agree.

Quick question, just in the event that this fight were to possibly be brought up again. Does anybody feel that Miguel will ask for too much money and ruin negotiations, simply because he felt that he won the first fight?

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:48 AM