> nothing in sight..., i was excited about the new year
daprofessor
post Feb 8 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

the good news...

linares is fighting on the undercard of k-9/smith...

ishida is fighting ggg. poor ishida.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 8 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 8 2013, 05:18 PM) *
the good news...

linares is fighting on the undercard of k-9/smith...

ishida is fighting ggg. poor ishida.

Isn't ishida at 154?

And I've said it before kirkland has no chin, one straight and he's on his ass

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 8 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Isn't ishida at 154?

And I've said it before kirkland has no chin, one straight and he's on his ass

ishida just fought pirov at 160 in his last fight. ishida did drop and beat kirkland before anyone else.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 8 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

kinda of a let down? good things come to those who wait I guess. I wish boxing was like football, on every weekend. urghh

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 8 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

I'm an optimist so I will wait until the last quarter of the year before I rule this out but I do agree that there isn't any great fights on the horizon as of this moment, it appears that the best are avoiding the best for now because all or most of them are simply trying to ensure that they remain with their belts/titles for the remainder of the year (they don't want to run the risk of losing too early).

I know things will pick up starting in May and then onto just before Christmas.

+Quote Post
DubC
post Feb 9 2013, 12:27 AM
Post #16

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,473

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2013, 11:28 PM) *
I agree here Professor. The year typically starts off slow, but this year has been a clusterfuck.

There's been a lot of fights that looked good on paper and the headlines, but fuck-all has actually happened thus far. To make it worse, we have this Mayweather nonsense pulling "fans" out of the ground like the fuckin' Thriller video.

Seems like these ballsack fighters are talking big as if they're built like transformers, but they seem to be built up like Mr. Potato Head or Humpty Dumpty or some shit this year. I wanna ask these guys if they're training to fight a human being or an actual fuckin' transformer. Is there something in the air???

If they cough or sneeze, they're injured, and the fight is off. Hell, just when I leaned on FNFs and ShoBox for my boxing fix, Joel Diaz just conveniently gets injured before this bout on FNFs tomorrow.

This shit looks bad man, real bad. Floyd has a pubic's hair of time left to pick an opponent and build a fight, one of which anybody hardly knows, and the other is unknown with one fuckin' arm. Who'da thunk boxing would start out in such a fecal-like manner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

PS: Excuse my rant, I tend to get a kick out it from time to time. Label me an over-emotional boxing fan with purpose, lol. What's that purpose? Who knows. As Bnoles4life would say, "we're all getting pumpfaked here". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyone that doesn't appreciate Carl Froch and his fights has to be a hater...Seriously? He fights all comers, no excuses...AND his fights are exciting and fun to watch...

And someone that has no idea how to spell his name makes me question how much they actually follow the sport...

The Cobra is legit and I cannot wait to see him and Kessler squared up again...Will be a great fight

+Quote Post
DubC
post Feb 9 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #17

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,473

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 8 2013, 02:27 PM) *
dude is tough..i'll give him that. i just can't get with his arrogance. plus, i thought he lost to dirrell. his wife is hot though.

Agreed, 'Dre got robbed in England...Admittedly, it was a bit of a boring fight from what I remember...As much as I love seeing "boxers" and hate people saying "he ran"...He kinda ran around against Froch, and he did not necessarily need to....

Also, all the hate on the Ghost is stupid. I have followed him for YEARS, he is a damn good fighter...Do I think he will beat Floyd? NO. But I do expeft a good scrap, and Robert will make it a bit difficult...To be honest, I would rather see Guerrero vs Money over any other fight that Floyd could take at WW...The ghost will at least make him uncomfortable and make a good account of himself...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 9 2013, 01:46 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (DubC @ Feb 9 2013, 12:27 AM) *
Anyone that doesn't appreciate Carl Froch and his fights has to be a hater...Seriously? He fights all comers, no excuses...AND his fights are exciting and fun to watch...

And someone that has no idea how to spell his name makes me question how much they actually follow the sport...

The Cobra is legit and I cannot wait to see him and Kessler squared up again...Will be a great fight

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/huh_zps84f76e5b.jpg)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 9 2013, 02:02 AM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

For some silly odd reason...maybe because no one truly cares, I believe Hopkins/Cloud is our only constant here. Strike me down if Im wrong...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 10 2013, 03:01 AM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (DubC @ Feb 9 2013, 12:39 AM) *
Agreed, 'Dre got robbed in England...Admittedly, it was a bit of a boring fight from what I remember...As much as I love seeing "boxers" and hate people saying "he ran"...He kinda ran around against Froch, and he did not necessarily need to....

Also, all the hate on the Ghost is stupid. I have followed him for YEARS, he is a damn good fighter...Do I think he will beat Floyd? NO. But I do expeft a good scrap, and Robert will make it a bit difficult...To be honest, I would rather see Guerrero vs Money over any other fight that Floyd could take at WW...The ghost will at least make him uncomfortable and make a good account of himself...

agreed.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 04:30 AM