IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will beating Berto solidify Guerrero as a top contender?
Cshel86
post Oct 25 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 24 2012, 09:14 PM) *
victor ortiz is a big dude. not sure how he was making 140 to be honest.

Me either, and he was bigger than Berto. The fact that he was new to the weight, just made it sad in Berto's case, though Victor was more than likely that size all along. Ortiz was pulling a Brandon Rios, before he moved up to fight Berto. I remember Ortiz always outweighing his opponents by about 13 or more lbs.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 25 2012, 08:52 PM) *
aydin is a single handed fighter am still a fan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) guy reminds me of me when i first learned to box

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 25 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 25 2012, 07:52 PM) *
aydin is a single handed fighter am still a fan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) guy reminds me of me when i first learned to box

speaking of single handed fighters....anyone read up on the guy making his pro debut with just one hand. he was born without the other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 25 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 25 2012, 08:13 PM) *
Me either, and he was bigger than Berto. The fact that he was new to the weight, just made it sad in Berto's case, though Victor was more than likely that size all along. Ortiz was pulling a Brandon Rios, before he moved up to fight Berto. I remember Ortiz always outweighing his opponents by about 13 or more lbs.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i've stood next to the dude. i'm 6ft tall...he's not much shorter and is pretty wide. i watched him beat the dog shit out of katsidis in sparring before his fight with casamayor. it was brutal. he's a big dude.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 28 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Basically the titles name here, is Andre Berto a worthy name on a resume to legitimately place you atop the ww division? Berto has looked horrible everytime he steps up his competition yet he has the power/speed to make you cautious. He is better than anyone devon or Bradley have beaten at WW but is he enough to say guerrero is a top contender? Hes coming off a long layoff an injury and a steroid scandal, what do you guys think? A solid opponent or is the ghost just being opportunistic?

A solid opponent with a dash of opportunism. I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 28 2012, 01:01 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

If he beats berto and most likely doesn't get his big fight would it be wise of him to catch ortiz or josesito off of their losses? I could easily see him losing both of those fights (ortiz could probably ko him) or closely edging them.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 28 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2012, 02:01 AM) *
If he beats berto and most likely doesn't get his big fight would it be wise of him to catch ortiz or josesito off of their losses? I could easily see him losing both of those fights (ortiz could probably ko him) or closely edging them.

"If he beats Berto..." My knee-jerk reaction is that he doesn't, but I could be proven wrong. If he does, then the manner in which he does will be telling re. his chances against either Ortiz and/or Lopez.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 29 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 25 2012, 09:41 PM) *
speaking of single handed fighters....anyone read up on the guy making his pro debut with just one hand. he was born without the other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Say what?

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 25 2012, 09:43 PM) *
i've stood next to the dude. i'm 6ft tall...he's not much shorter and is pretty wide. i watched him beat the dog shit out of katsidis in sparring before his fight with casamayor. it was brutal. he's a big dude.

He might be draining to make 147 lol the guy is a wide boxer

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 29 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 29 2012, 12:30 AM) *
Say what?

He might be draining to make 147 lol the guy is a wide boxer

busier than a one handed man in a boxing match....

i would guess ortiz walks around at 160. i wouldn't be shocked. when i say wide...he has broad shoulders. no homo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 29 2012, 01:19 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 29 2012, 01:51 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 29 2012, 01:14 AM) *
busier than a one handed man in a boxing match....

i would guess ortiz walks around at 160. i wouldn't be shocked. when i say wide...he has broad shoulders. no homo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I know what you mean. The guy looks like a body builder during camp, probably why he has defensive problems his shoulders are really wide.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 29 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 29 2012, 01:51 AM) *
I know what you mean. The guy looks like a body builder during camp, probably why he has defensive problems his shoulders are really wide.

i think his defensive problems exist because he doesn't have anyone that can teach him proper defense. the body building thing is definitely counterproductive to boxing.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:59 PM